Christian Eriksen

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Gets subbed on at HT. His first game back since the Finland game. Scores with his first touch. Eriksen is just bona-fide royalty in Denmark. What a guy. What a moment.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Gets subbed on at HT. His first game back since the Finland game. Scores with his first touch. Eriksen is just bona-fide royalty in Denmark. What a guy. What a moment.

Left two defenders for dead and hit the woodwork with another sublime effort as well.

Class is permanent.

Mike Smalling

Equalled Michael Laudrup with that goal as well - they are now both on 37.

He will end somewhere near the very top all-time for Denmark, I feel.

ForeverRed1

I just posted on the Bruno thread I wouldn’t mind this guy coming in for rotation/competition for Bruno. Offers something different and a top tier mentality. Wouldn’t cost us anything.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

In his old home ground as well. Great stuff.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
«Free» this summer. Will probably not be on a very expensive contract. Will be interesting to follow him the next few months. At the age of 30, considering the type of player he is, he could easily perform at a high level for a few more years.

Obviously has qualities Ten Hag (probably) think we lack in our squad. Quite versatile too. Could be a «stop-gap»-solution on RW while waiting/giving time to one of our youngsters if there is no money for buying one this summer.

Dolf

Give him Mata’s wages for a year and we would definitely improve without spending a dime.

TheRedHearted

I just posted on the Bruno thread I wouldn’t mind this guy coming in for rotation/competition for Bruno. Offers something different and a top tier mentality. Wouldn’t cost us anything.
I thought that too but in reality he doesn’t offer a different tactic from Bruno and instead we should find a 23 year old in the mold or his play if we want to slow play him into the starting lineup.

ForeverRed1

I thought that too but in reality he doesn’t offer a different tactic from Bruno and instead we should find a 23 year old in the mold or his play if we want to slow play him into the starting lineup.
I agree but feel that a number 10 rotation isn’t the priority we need to spend our time/cash on. He would be free and wages would be reasonable, get him on a year contract with option to extend a year.

TheRedHearted

I agree but feel that a number 10 rotation isn’t the priority we need to spend our time/cash on. He would be free and wages would be reasonable, get him on a year contract with option to extend a year.
It’s comparable to keeping mata around imo. Not what a top team needs and the exact opposite of a high pressing team. When it’s not working with Bruno i imagine subbing on a box to box midfielder or a additional striker

Mike Smalling

This guy.

He's been spectacular for Denmark ever since Åge Hareide took over the reins back in 2016.

ForeverRed1

It’s comparable to keeping mata around imo. Not what a top team needs and the exact opposite of a high pressing team. When it’s not working with Bruno i imagine subbing on a box to box midfielder or a additional striker
he’s got more in his tank than mata at this point for sure. He’s a decent squad player and we need options that don’t all cost the Earth. I’d love him here for a couple seasons.

Jev

He absolutely does, unless you define tactics extremely narrowly as merely formation. We'd be playing totally different with Christian in the team ahead of Bruno.

Bruno is high risk, high reward and his penchant for trying to make everything happen whenever he gets the ball makes it difficult to control games and dominate possession.

Christian is extremely consistent, very clever, creative and careful in possession at the same time. He'd make us tick and enable us to control the ball. He'd also work harder (and smarter) defensively.

Mike Smalling

Feck it, I'm now in favor of bringing him in. We need a slow, older attacking midfielder to replace Mata's vital role in the team.

In all seriousness, I think he can contribute, but for his sake I almost don't want him to come here - how sad is that?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He absolutely does, unless you define tactics extremely narrowly as merely formation. We'd be playing totally different with Christian in the team ahead of Bruno.

Bruno is high risk, high reward and his penchant for trying to make everything happen whenever he gets the ball makes it difficult to control games and dominate possession.

Christian is extremely consistent, very clever, creative and careful in possession at the same time. He'd make us tick and enable us to control the ball. He'd also work harder (and smarter) defensively.
As I wrote in the OP, his best output number at Spurs was at the RW.

Mike Smalling

Incredible. I didn’t realise he’d also returned to the International team.

What an absolutely inspiration guy, pure class.
Scored in the weekend against the Netherlands as well, and had an outrageous turn and shot off the post. Will try to find the clip - genuinely world class.

Can't believe how quickly he has gotten back to his best.

Edit: Last minute of these highlights.

Jev

As I wrote in the OP, his best output number at Spurs was at the RW.
Well, a right-wing who'd mostly drift inwards. There's no discussion he's best when operating freely in the space between midfield and attack.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His passing was great, he played good game too! What an amazing turn of events, delighted for the guy. :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Perhaps inter will regret letting him go( that might be on the seri a laws im not too well well versed on it), great player and seemingly a very nice fella as well. Wish him the best!

stu_1992

Perhaps inter will regret letting him go( that might be on the seri a laws im not too well well versed on it), great player and seemingly a very nice fella as well. Wish him the best!
I think they couldn't register him to play in Serie A in light of his condition. Something about the league not allowing players to play after having the condition he had. So not much choice for them really.

NewYorkRed

Always wanted him at United, IMO he was a top 6-7 player in the PL at one point. Unfortunately there is no where he would fit in the team right now, but when Pogba leaves, wouldn’t mind him as an option off the bench or starting some games as long as we sign a midfielder who can dictate the tempto from deep as well.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Always wanted him at United, IMO he was a top 6-7 player in the PL at one point. Unfortunately there is no where he would fit in the team right now, but when Pogba leaves, wouldn’t mind him as an option off the bench or starting some games as long as we sign a midfielder who can dictate the tempto from deep as well.
He has a brilliant shot in him with either feet from distance.

He used to be amazing at set pieces too. Was such a brilliant player. World class in his prime.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think they couldn't register him to play in Serie A in light of his condition. Something about the league not allowing players to play after having the condition he had. So not much choice for them really.
Shame as I feel he deserves a tad more than to play for Brantford in this stage but I guess that's asking for too much as we should be thankful he gets to play at all after that incident.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Correct.

Italian sport medicine rules just don't allow athletes with automated cardioverter defibrillator implants to be cleared to play for high intensity and contact sports.

Other countries allow them to sign a waiver and play at their own risk.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
World's best player? Probably.

In all seriousness, it's fantastic to see him playing again.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Leaving aside the comeback side of things, from a pure football POV he was an excellent capture for Brentford. Has added a touch of class and creativity they badly needed in attack.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Brenford may well have a player that's better than any United player currently. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. I think Eriksen is world class and if anything has been better since his scare. Very likeable chap too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s like nothing happened, it’s mad how quickly he got his form back

i still think he’d do a good job at United, hard working, quality and humble