Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
I prefer Dembele and Mor. Pulisic is a smart player especially for one so young. His work off the ball is superb, he picks out excellent passes and has good control. Dembele and Mor have explosive match winning potential however, you feel that anything could happen when they get the ball and more scope to develop.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We offered 11mil for him and I consider that almost as bad as arsenals £40,000,001 for Suarez back in the day.
That's a case of hindsight judgement though, and even hasty as hindsight goes, too.

At that point in summer he would have been a 17 year old kid with only one league start and a handful of sub appearances.
11 million seems ample enough a bid for this if you ask me.
Potential is a word that's thrown around as if it was actually measurable. It isn't.
You can't know whether he turns out a Hazard, or a Shaqiri, or worse, not after 3 months of first team football, let alone back in summer. There's plenty of players killing it at 17 who never actually make it.
And even Hazard and Shaqiri have different levels in them that would warrant hugely different bids. 12/13 Shaqiri? 15/16 Hazard?

Also: Why not trust your own youngsters? Don't you have promising candidates for AM yourself? Ojo? Woodburn?
Game time for youngsters is scarce and precious at a top club. Don't they deserve some first?

Righteous Steps

He's a bit like mane but plays on the left wing or the left of a front three. Maybe not as fast but strong and skilful. Has a very good work ethic. He's a amazing player for his age. Think Hazard type of potential. He's that good.

We offered 11mil for him and I consider that almost as bad as arsenals £40,000,001 for Suarez back in the day.

Potentially, America's first truly world class player imo.
Hazard type potential?

Hazard at 18/19 was already the best player in his league and a dead cert to compete for future b'allon d'or, i've only see a bit of Pulisic but out of him Dembele and Mor, the latter two look to have the ability to reach a similar level to more Hazard much more than Pulisic, especially Dembele.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
That's a case of hindsight judgement though, and even hasty as hindsight goes, too.

At that point in summer he would have been a 17 year old kid with only one league start and a handful of sub appearances.
11 million seems ample enough a bid for this if you ask me.
Potential is a word that's thrown around as if it was actually measurable. It isn't.
You can't know whether he turns out a Hazard, or a Shaqiri, or worse, not after 3 months of first team football, let alone back in summer. There's plenty of players killing it at 17 who never actually make it.
And even Hazard and Shaqiri have different levels in them that would warrant hugely different bids. 12/13 Shaqiri? 15/16 Hazard?

Also: Why not trust your own youngsters? Don't you have promising candidates for AM yourself? Ojo? Woodburn?
Game time for youngsters is scarce and precious at a top club. Don't they deserve some first?
Absolutely, we need game time for young players. I'm hoping for cl football next year so games won't be an issue and let's face it every club are looking for more.

If we had gone in with 15mil we could have got him but now he's doing well that price will now be 20mil +

As regards potential and how often the word is thrown around. Not with this kid, he's stunning for an 17/18 year old.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
Hazard type potential?

Hazard at 18/19 was already the best player in his league and a dead cert to compete for future b'allon d'or, i've only see a bit of Pulisic but out of him Dembele and Mor, the latter two look to have the ability to reach a similar level to more Hazard much more than Pulisic, especially Dembele.
All opinions off course, I've just took a shine to him. I like his directness and work ethic. Seems to have a good attitude and his strength for a 18year old is really good.

I like Dembele btw but there is something about the lad.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
anybody saying that dembélé and especially mor are already looking brighter than pulisic is not seeing the whole picture, to phrase it politely. dembélé may have some special flair to him, but pulisic, while being even younger, is already a more mature and more useful player to have. he's a team-player, first and foremost, plus his individual decision-making is leagues above dembélé's or mor's, as are both his defending and his general work ethic. he's already a much more complete player.

Righteous Steps

anybody saying that dembélé and especially mor are already looking brighter than pulisic is not seeing the whole picture, to phrase it politely. dembélé may have some special flair to him, but pulisic, while being even younger, is already a more mature and more useful player to have. he's a team-player, first and foremost, plus his individual decision-making is leagues above dembélé's or mor's, as are both his defending and his general work ethic. he's already a much more complete player.
Special flair counts for a lot, the ability to beat three four players on the bounce and score an assist a goal does also, i've like what i've seen from Pulisic and he may well be more mature than the other two but i don't think people are wrong to rate the other two higher base don sheer ability, you can be a more complete player at 18 and still end up the worse player when a player with better physical attributes, and technical ability starts to mature and bring that into their game, i think more so with Dembele that is likely to happen, as lest not forget his form in France shows a productivity level that Pulisic is yet to match.

littleman

I'm curious, why are we never linked with Pulisic? He's a great budding young talent, American, has the mentality and drive... and is an MUFC fan.

Classical Mechanic

I'm curious, why are we never linked with Pulisic? He's a great budding young talent, American, has the mentality and drive... and is an MUFC fan.
Probably because signing what would be a really expensive young player who is completely unproven isn't a sensible use of our resources at the moment.

Wazza4Gaffa

We as a club are just against signing small technical players it seems. They are just red flags to us even though they continue to still tear up the league.

Kearnkoff69

He's maturing into the game at a fast pace. Looks like the first proper footballer America has produced in a long time.

Wazza4Gaffa

This guy seems like the perfect signing for us as he is a traditional Man Utd player who encompasses all our values and attributes and would be in line with our new branding of a global superpower who would attract the whole US market to us and thus making our trips to USA in the preseason even more fruitful

beckbeck

Hes the only American who has the tools to be a top20 player in the world some day.

PieCrust

Not sure, if this is true. There's too much competition there for him right now. He won't get past Dembele, and Mor looks at least as good as a talent than him.
Then there are still Reus, Schürrle and Götze, of course. A loan to a lesser team would have been the best solution for him.
I never get tired of being right. BVB was the right call for him, not a loan.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
When the English tabloids wanted to transfer him for 15M, I said €50M minimum. Given the alleged fees thrown around this summer €100M seems fair for America´s first big star. He´s basically to football what Yao Ming was to the NBA. A marketing dream. The US pre-season tours are probably worth €30-40M alone over a five year contract.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Good thing he's not over hyped for being born in the US.

Seriously he's a good talent, but if I were to name his biggest strength it would be maturity and that is something others will catch up with over time.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So pleased Klopp didn't get his grubby mitts into him.

peridigm

I'm excited for this kid. Not because I think he'll help the US to a WC victory, not that I think he'll sign for United (although he could), but because he is a local kid to me. My son played club football in the same area as him. Same age as well. His hometown is close to mine. It's nice to see young kids that make an effort and have a dream, fulfill those dreams.

Champagne Football

Glazers will go nuts to get him to raise profile in USA. But I don't think he'll be leaving Dortmund for a few seasons until he develops enough to feel ready to leave in same way Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan did etc

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Already miles and miles ahead of any other player on the US roster

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't understand why we aren't in for him. Prices involved in other transfers are through the roof anyway, so why not snap up this lad? Young, skillful, supports United, and is a marketing department's dream. Seems like a perfect fit.

Kammy26

Don't understand why we aren't in for him. Prices involved in other transfers are through the roof anyway, so why not snap up this lad? Young, skillful, supports United, and is a marketing department's dream. Seems like a perfect fit.
Is he a United fan? Didn't know that. We should definitely sign him you can see the talent.

It's about time America produced a talented footballer. Looking forward to see how he progresses

Utd7

Would love to see this kid play for us someday. I've always wanted to see a great American (sorry Tim Howard) play for United.

PieCrust

Had a great match in the friendly against Milan yesterday. Set up 2 goals.

His development continues on a very nice trajectory.

luke511

Had a great match in the friendly against Milan yesterday. Set up 2 goals.

His development continues on a very nice trajectory.
Would much rather us splash the Perisic money on him to be fair.