Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

PieCrust

Pulisic still needs to be playing, wouldn't get that at United and honestly, would be a poor move for him at this point in his career. Especially with our own young attackers in Rashford and Martial fighting for minutes. Could possibly be a signing in 2-3 years if development continues and we see how our young players rate out. I'm American, so yeah, I'd love to see an American doing it for United, but the odds are stacked against him. Glad to see he stayed at Dortmound, and didn't link up with Liverpool as was rumoured earlier this year.

luke511

Pulisic still needs to be playing, wouldn't get that at United and honestly, would be a poor move for him at this point in his career. Especially with our own young attackers in Rashford and Martial fighting for minutes. Could possibly be a signing in 2-3 years if development continues and we see how our young players rate out. I'm American, so yeah, I'd love to see an American doing it for United, but the odds are stacked against him. Glad to see he stayed at Dortmound, and didn't link up with Liverpool as was rumoured earlier this year.
Tricky thing is if we wait until he becomes the finished product, we'll be up against all the other elite teams and at 3 times the price.. He supports man utd though to be fair, so I'd like to think we'd have the edge.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
In 2-3 years, we'd be paying crazy money for him. Barring say the likes of Mbappe, I'm as sure of Pulisic coming good as any current teenager out there. Risk is minimal due to the potential marketing superstar he'd become for us.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If he becomes a superstar, he'll come to us. It is inevitable.

It should coincide with us winning big again as well in terms of timing.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
If Dortmund are unwilling to sell Ousmane for less than £80 million then you can be sure they'd want same money for Pulisic
I don't think Pulisic would want to make a move until he has every reason to believe he'd be a core asset of his new club. He still isn't such at Dortmund, and needs another 2-3 seasons to get there.

Champagne Football

I don't think Pulisic would want to make a move until he has every reason to believe he'd be a core asset of his new club. He still isn't such at Dortmund, and needs another 2-3 seasons to get there.
Defo agree. Himself and Ousmane would be wise to stay put for a few seasons. Ousmane will probably end up at Barca and we'd have a wonderful chance of Pulisic when the time is right for him to move

luke511

Defo agree. Himself and Ousmane would be wise to stay put for a few seasons. Ousmane will probably end up at Barca and we'd have a wonderful chance of Pulisic when the time is right for him to move
It'd be wise for us to get Pulisic before there's solid intention from Barca to sign Dembele.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Pulisic would get plenty of opportunities here if he moved sooner. Prolly at the expense of someone like Lingard and possibly dare I say, Martial. And while I agree that our chances of landing him would be good in 2-3 years, why not sooner? Would love to see him develop here and really cement himself as a vital part of the team. Feels like we're so focused on getting the finished product now as far as transfers are concerned. And while that's par for the course for clubs our size, it'd still be nice to take a punt on those who are younger and still developing.

It'd be wise for us to get Pulisic before there's solid intention from Barca to sign Dembele.
Agreed. Seems like such a no-brainer.

PieCrust

Which is basically my point. If he comes good and the price with it, shouldn't matter to United, money isn't a problem if the player is good enough and wants the move.

He won't develop at a club where he's not playing regularly. Dortmound can offer that, and is a quality team in a good league. It's a very good place for him right now.

crossy1686

career ending
I agree, at the moment it doesn't make sense for us to spend big money on a player who won't be a guaranteed starter every game. We also currently have other players who play in the same position he does so we'll have to move players on before looking to strengthen in that area. We also have other areas of priority right now.

I'd also be wary of buying from Dortmund again. Their players look great in their system but they don't fare so well when they move to other teams. Kagawa, Götze, Gündoğan and a whole bunch of strikers (apart from Lewandowski) have been poor after leaving. We should be heavily monitoring him, Dembele and that young Swedish striker Isak though.

PieCrust

I agree, at the moment it doesn't make sense for us to spend big money on a player who won't be a guaranteed starter every game. We also currently have other players who play in the same position he does so we'll have to move players on before looking to strengthen in that area. We also have other areas of priority right now.

I'd also be wary of buying from Dortmund again. Their players look great in their system but they don't fare so well when they move to other teams. Kagawa, Götze, Gündoğan and a whole bunch of strikers (apart from Lewandowski) have been poor after leaving. We should be heavily monitoring him, Dembele and that young Swedish striker Isak though.
For what it's worth, he's been killing it with the US national team as well. Yeah, yeah I know.

SATA

My first and only time watching this guy was him coming on at halftime for Dortmund in the CL game against Monaco at the Westfalenstadion. Boy he was Ronaldo-like on the right wing and completely transformed Dortmund's attack with his pace and dribbling skills, and he doesn't run into blind alleys either. Didn't know he was an American until i decided to find out who he is, initially thought he was a Croatian or that like judging from his surname

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Imagine the marketing potential in USA's nailed on football poster boy for the foreseeable future.

Dem' shirt sales :drool:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
His price tag will already be obscene. These days potential costs just as much as current ability.

I'd quite like a big American player, think it'd give good motivation to young Canadian players even though he isn't Canadian himself.

Champagne Football

Fergie would be all over it if he was still in the dug out. A year from now Pulisic will be involved in a giant bidding war with lots of big clubs. Jose would be mad not to take a punt. Pulisic, Dendonker and Danny Rose next summer and we're sorted for the next decade :)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is he? Where did we get this from?
He's a young American. There's like 4 teams he's likely to be a supporter of. Given how young he was when he joined Dortmund he's most likely just a Dortmund fan these days.

DannyDee

Will be an interesting player to follow. If he has a good season at Dortmund as a nailed on starter, the interest will be big. Can see all the big EPL teams very interested as he has very big commercial value if he is capable of being a first 11 player on a major team. I'd think he's realistically 2 years away from a big move though, although, with a strong season for Dortmund and a good WC the hype will get out of control.

DannyDee

He's a young American. There's like 4 teams he's likely to be a supporter of. Given how young he was when he joined Dortmund he's most likely just a Dortmund fan these days.
Probably more like 6. One of us, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal, or one of the big 2 from Spain. If he was Italian, I'd add Juve, Inter and AC, which all have big followings with people of Italian descent, but don't have as big a catch-all crowd with other demographics. I'm 29, but that just how it was when I was growing up, and the popularity of teams around my college campus which bar was always packed for CL games. No idea if City, PSG, and Spurs have made sizable inroads. Not sure if Bayern has either. Dortmund was pretty much everyone 2nd team though around 2010-2013, where they were no ones favorite, but no one hated them. This is just in my experience in Canada, which I would assume has a similar vibe as the US.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really like Pulisic, can see why Dortmund are willing to let Dembele leave when they have this lad in reserve

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Really like Pulisic, can see why Dortmund are willing to let Dembele leave when they have this lad in reserve
No they dont WANT Dembele to leave. They are "willing" to let him leave cause he is acting like a cnut plus the money aint bad either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No they dont WANT Dembele to leave. They are "willing" to let him leave cause he is acting like a cnut plus the money aint bad either.
I didn't say they WANT him to leave?

MadMike

He only joined BVB 2 years ago and that interview where he said he's a big United fan is 11 months old. I'm sure he's fond of BVB by now but doubt that much has changed with regards to where he dreams of playing.

Plus Bundesliga is not a league to inspire. You either play for FCB and win titles or you don't and you are always on the outside looking in. I'm sure when he develops a bit more he'd like to play for a team with more aspirations and potential to win things. Not to mention in a league that pays better and where his mother tongue is spoken.

I mean Mkhi and Kagawa wanted to come here and they were neither United fans nor native English speakers.