Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah he reminds me of Heung-min Son with his attacking work-rate and directness. They both developed in Germany so maybe that's why they seem similar stylistically.

Also playing him in his favoured position on the left I think is having a good impact on his performances. Dortmund would play him on the right as a speedster down the line and while he was ok, he wasn't as good.
This is a very good point. His left foot isn't especially poor or anything but he'll always be more comfortable coming inside onto his right. He's not so much a touchline-hugging winger who puts in crosses all day, he's actually very aggressive in his movements and makes a concerted effort to get into the box (especially at the far post).

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Pulisic has always been a very good young player. His only sin the last year at at Dortmund was refusing to sign a new deal and unlike Lewandowski before him, the meteoric rise of Sancho in his stead meant that they could afford to bench a player who was leaving in January.

Niggling injuries IMO might be the only thing that might stop him from reaching world class status.

He'sRaldo

He has a much higher ceiling than I thought he had at Dortmund. Seems to be one of Chelsea's best players whenever I watch him.

He has a much higher ceiling than I thought he had at Dortmund. Seems to be one of Chelsea's best players whenever I watch him.
Agreed. Being American born I always followed him and hoped he'd succeed, but his last season and a half at Dortmund gave me serious doubts he'd ever be able to be a top level player. Adapted unexpectedly well to the Prem, he's been Chelsea's best player for me since the restart.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Pulisic is playing really well. Tearing defences open. Keeping in mind an 18 year old Sancho sent Pulisic to warm the bench, should say a lot about what Sancho could do here.

Womp

idiot
Has looked very good the recent times I've watched him. His control, especially at the pace he runs at is immense.

He'sRaldo

Agreed. Being American born I always followed him and hoped he'd succeed, but his last season and a half at Dortmund gave me serious doubts he'd ever be able to be a top level player. Adapted unexpectedly well to the Prem, he's been Chelsea's best player for me since the restart.
I think missing the World Cup had a net positive effect on him. He looks determined to bounce back, and is playing a lot more aggressively than before.

izec

He wasn't doing great before the lockdown and even at Dortmund for quite a while, but he looks a different player now. Maybe he just needed a break and to refocus again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s quite good. Didn’t expect it, honestly. He was somewhat underwhelming at Dortmund and on the fringes a bit towards the end.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He’s quite good. Didn’t expect it, honestly. He was somewhat underwhelming at Dortmund and on the fringes a bit towards the end.
Yeah he's hugely exceeded expectations. In the league for Dortmund he managed 13 goals in 90 appearances; for Chelsea he's already on 7 from 19 - he's scoring at more or less 2.5 times his previous rate. That said, he's still only 21 so perhaps it's not outrageous that he's continuing to improve.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Fantastic performance from him again. Always knew he'll be worth every single penny we spent on him and at 21 he's only gonna get better. If we are able to land Havertz I see Werner up front with Pulisic Havertz and Ziyech behind him. Can't wait for next season.

Reactions: golden_blunder

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah he's hugely exceeded expectations. In the league for Dortmund he managed 13 goals in 90 appearances; for Chelsea he's already on 7 from 19 - he's scoring at more or less 2.5 times his previous rate. That said, he's still only 21 so perhaps it's not outrageous that he's continuing to improve.
I was also guilty of looking at his stats when we signed him and being underwhelmed, but it's important to keep in mind that his career at Dortmund was from age 16 to 20. Players are hardly a bastion of consistency at that age.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’ll say it again, Reyna will eclipse Pulisic. At 17 he is better technically than Pulisic was at that age. United need to get on this now if they want the next great American hope(tm)

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Haaland too is english from leeds. Tf is Southgate doing...
Well it is probably lucky for whatever club signs him next that he doesn't play for England. If he did, English tax would've boosted up to £1bn or something.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasn't this guy meant to be a flop? looks pretty useful so far.
As usual you can't really judge people in their first season, people need time to adjust.

He's certainly looked Chelsea's most dangerous player since the break.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fantastic performance from him again. Always knew he'll be worth every single penny we spent on him and at 21 he's only gonna get better. If we are able to land Havertz I see Werner up front with Pulisic Havertz and Ziyech behind him. Can't wait for next season.
CHO Mount and Tammy will be pleased.

Great news for the academy lads!

forevrared

Just like Greenwood will be pleased if/when you buy Sancho!
Bit different as Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner would all have been bought for big money after the listed ones have made it to the first team. Greenwood's not even a natural right sided player.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Not really though is it?
It's literally the exact same situation. Youth player potentially displaced by big signing; he'll have to knuckle down and improve to regain his place or be content with a spot on the bench.

Mount is still playing even if we buy Havertz anyways, CHO and Tammy haven't shown enough to be starters week in week out. They'll still get plenty of minutes but will have to improve to be nailed on starters.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Bit different as Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner would all have been bought for big money after the listed ones have made it to the first team. Greenwood's not even a natural right sided player.
Greenwood is in the first team right now and obviously any move for Sancho comes after he's become a nailed on starter. Also Pulisic didn't come in after CHO / Tammy / Mount, this is his first season.