Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I neither say we do or don't require him. You are not reading what I just told you. I counter your argument of saying that we sign him based on the player meets the ''identity'' but you are not looking at both things of both identity and roles. We should be looking at both. For example, if his best position is no 10, why should we sign him this summer after giving Bruno a new contract? He spent lot of his time at RB Leipzig playing as attacking midfield of behind striker or this season as second striker in 2 striker position. Him being capable to play wide as good as he is in the middle is still debatable, even if he is capable to play wide as good as he offers in the middle, another question appears whether it is right or left, if it is left then once again we have Sancho and Rashford that already covered the position. I even checked this in Transfermarkt, his most played position at RB Leipzig is second striker and attacking mid, in comparison to wide area, it's very small number that he even play there and even when he does, he plays on the left more than on the right. If you can provide something to backup your statement, share it.
That's my issue with this move. And it honestly feels like a repeat of the Sancho saga where many, including myself, said he was very good on the right, even if he was slightly better on the left, and so of course he was going to come here to play on the RW, that never happened. Nkunku is definitely better on the left than on the right, I'd say the difference of his comfort and ability to impact the game for RB Leipzig on the left compared to the right is bigger than it was with Sancho's at Dortmund.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We still need to sign a forward, with Cavani leaving and Greenwood not playing, and Rashford/Martial being totally useless.
You have Cristiano. You need backups. In midfield and wingbacks, you need starters

bucky

I didn't say it as an argument. Just wanted to know what's his attacking ability that makes people sure this is a player with an ability rather than someone benefitting from poor defence.

I wanted to see why people are sure about him because I hardly watch him.

Anyway you mentioned one attacker/forward on your list.
He's not Timo Werner. There's your answer. You literally say you don't watch him and also say in the same breath that they can't defend in the German league. What point is there to argue with you? You did the same with Tchouaméni and the French league. For every Timo Werner, who has played in the Bundesliga and was signed by a PL club, there is a good player in the PL, who used to play in the Bundesliga. You can do the same for other leagues. Some signings work, others don't. If you want to know what he is good at, read the thread.

Mainoldo

I neither say we do or don't require him and I wouldn't know the answer since I don't know what kind of attacking style Ten Hag wants at United. You are not reading what I just told you. I counter your argument of saying that we sign him based on the player meets the ''identity'' but you are not looking at both things of both identity and roles. We should be looking at both. For example, if his best position is no 10, why should we sign him this summer after giving Bruno a new contract? He spent lot of his time at RB Leipzig playing as attacking midfield of behind striker or this season as second striker in 2 striker position. Him being capable to play wide as good as he is in the middle is still debatable, even if he is capable to play wide as good as he offers in the middle, another question appears whether it is right or left, if it is left then once again we have Sancho and Rashford that already covered the position. I even checked this in Transfermarkt, his most played position at RB Leipzig is second striker and attacking mid, in comparison to wide area, it's very small number that he even play there and even when he does, he plays on the left more than on the right. If you can provide something to backup your statement, share it.
My statement was pretty clear, his style of play suits our future model. That was it. I don’t think it matters where exactly he plays as he covers off all attacking positions. If we were City or Liverpool however, I might be bothered about the little intricacies of how he fits in with our current player selection. However watching our lack of creativity all season, that shouldn’t matter to you or me if we both have an interest of us developing into a good successful football team.

I get your point but your missing my point. I don’t care that Bruno has been given a new contact or that Rashford and Sancho play on the left. We are currently fitting for 4th with a group of players that offer nothing to build up on. Hence why I’m all for a player who fits the criteria of where we want to be. Getting him now makes the transition quicker. We’ll only plug The priority holes to then moan that our attack is disjointed:lol:. So stop moaning about numbers in positions. I mean would you turn down a first team ball playing CB who can play high line because we have Maguire who is our captain. I’ll answer it for you. No you wouldn’t.

Mainoldo

That's my issue with this move. And it honestly feels like a repeat of the Sancho saga where many, including myself, said he was very good on the right, even if he was slightly better on the left, and so of course he was going to come here to play on the RW, that never happened. Nkunku is definitely better on the left than on the right, I'd say the difference of his comfort and ability to impact the game for RB Leipzig on the left compared to the right is bigger than it was with Sancho's at Dortmund.
But why should that matter going into a ETH era. It might be an issue with Ole or Southgate. However Sancho’s issues haven’t been playing on the left or right (As he’s pretty bang average at both right now) the issue is how we set up to play football. Nkunku has the attributes to improve that.

Liverpool brought Sadio Mane playing RW and he was also our RW option for LVG the year before hand. It’s all about style of play and roles.

jesperjaap

My statement was pretty clear, his style of play suits our future model. That was it. I don’t think it matters where exactly he plays as he covers off all attacking positions. If we were City or Liverpool however, I might be bothered about the little intricacies of how he fits in with our current player selection. However watching our lack of creativity all season, that shouldn’t matter to you or me if we both have an interest of us developing into a good successful football team.

I get your point but your missing my point. I don’t care that Bruno has been given a new contact or that Rashford and Sancho play on the left. We are currently fitting for 4th with a group of players that offer nothing to build up on. Hence why I’m all for a player who fits the criteria of where we want to be. Getting him now makes the transition quicker. We’ll only plug The priority holes to then moan that our attack is disjointed:lol:. So stop moaning about numbers in positions. I mean would you turn down a first team ball playing CB who can play high line because we have Maguire who is our captain. I’ll answer it for you. No you wouldn’t.
Nonsense. We have a good five holes need plugging already, how many players do you think we sign and how much do you think we are spending this summer?

That is like saying sign Ronaldo he improves us and ignore the obvious pish we have in central midfield, especially defensively.....we are paying for it now.

I like NKunku, he is a good player. That doesnt mean he comes in and improves us. Sancho was a wodnerful player in Germany, even Mhikitarian was, doesnt mean they will be a success here.

We need to improve our first eleven, does Nkunku start if players are in decent form, no he doesnt unless he is shunted on to the right.....are we really going to continue that mistake?

He isnt even a luxury signing, he is simply a signing we dont need. I would love to see Sulemana at Old Trafford who would cost a similar fee, but again there is no point us signing left sided players, we actually need to get rid one/two in Rashford/Martial, not sign another one

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

How can you say he suits to our future model without enough context of what is our future model? Not saying he won't but I need more than just limitted and lazy answer here. Bruno just signed a new deal, should that send a message that our future model no 10 will be him? Even if he fails but we will only know that after another year or two or three, shouldn't the priority of the money being spent right now is on other areas? Another case is Sancho, which a young winger that we just invested massively, does it also indicate that he will be the one of the player United tries to build with for this ''future model''?? LW and no 10 or role behind striker is something we shouldn't be thinking at the moment. I just want more context how he's going to fit in to our future model if part of this ''future model'' involves with Bruno and Sancho since one just signed a new deal while the other one just being invested massively.

On contrary, CB is part of the position we are thinking to upgrade right NOW. Maguire being our captain is also CURRENTLY a problem and CURRENTLY in the community discussion, thus, it makes more sense to accept the fact that CB requires an upgrade NOW not the LW and No 10. Furthermore, I know very well that Erik ten Hag's football requires a ball playing CB that capable to play progressive pass, thus, I wouldn't turn down a first team ball playing CB because the current CB don't play enough progressive passess. This context meets our ''future model''.

Mainoldo

Nonsense. We have a good five holes need plugging already, how many players do you think we sign and how much do you think we are spending this summer?

That is like saying sign Ronaldo he improves us and ignore the obvious pish we have in central midfield, especially defensively.....we are paying for it now.

I like NKunku, he is a good player. That doesnt mean he comes in and improves us. Sancho was a wodnerful player in Germany, even Mhikitarian was, doesnt mean they will be a success here.

We need to improve our first eleven, does Nkunku start if players are in decent form, no he doesnt unless he is shunted on to the right.....are we really going to continue that mistake?

He isnt even a luxury signing, he is simply a signing we dont need. I would love to see Sulemana at Old Trafford who would cost a similar fee, but again there is no point us signing left sided players, we actually need to get rid one/two in Rashford/Martial, not sign another one
Man I can see why half the fanbase never see the problems arriving until they do. I mean your example of Ronaldo is exactly what’s the issue. There’s nothing wrong with the Ronaldo signing if the structure is in place. We have a lot of holes that need fixing but like ETH said we have to make sure and can’t afford to make anymore mistakes in the market. That statement isn’t designed for just plugging holes. Which is why the profile of an Nkunku shouldn’t matter to the fanbase but yet we still believe there is a squad here that can be built around. In that case we should of just got Poch.

Mainoldo

How can you say he suits to our future model without enough context of what is our future model? Not saying he won't but I need more than just limitted and lazy answer here. Bruno just signed a new deal, should that send a message that our future model no 10 will be him? Even if he fails but we will only know that after another year or two or three, shouldn't the priority of the money being spent right now is on other areas? Another case is Sancho, which a young winger that we just invested massively, does it also indicate that he will be the one of the player United tries to build with for this ''future model''?? LW and no 10 or role behind striker is something we shouldn't be thinking at the moment. I just want more context how he's going to fit in to our future model if part of this ''future model'' involves with Bruno and Sancho since one just signed a new deal while the other one just being invested massively.

On contrary, CB is part of the position we are thinking to upgrade right NOW. Maguire being our captain is also CURRENTLY a problem and CURRENTLY in the community discussion, thus, it makes more sense to accept the fact that CB requires an upgrade NOW not the LW and No 10. Furthermore, I know very well that Erik ten Hag's football requires a ball playing CB that capable to play progressive pass, thus, I wouldn't turn down a first team ball playing CB because the current CB don't play enough progressive passess. This context meets our ''future model''.
This is our future model mate.

"As I said after the [Norwich] game we need to be more compact, find a better balance of what we can do in possession of the ball, we need to be more aggressive, more on the front foot but make sure we have all the players behind the ball. This is what we need to show against one of the best teams in producing chances and creating moments.

"Around the box we need to be on our very best defensively but still have a formation and approach to the game that we can be dangerous ourselves." Ralf Rangnick.

It’s not about plugging wholes it’s about the. System. I’m not giving you a lazy answer your just not grasping what I’m saying. Stop looking at contracts and fees. It’s why we are a mess now. Pep signed two keepers in a year and signed 3 right backs in 3 years. These players have done nothing for us. We get on board with what the manager wants. Yes Bruno got a new contract but we also have Van De Beek who was brought for good money who doesn’t even play. Why should I be upset if Bruno on a new contract doesn’t play because he doesn’t press as good as an Nkunku.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is our future model mate.

"As I said after the [Norwich] game we need to be more compact, find a better balance of what we can do in possession of the ball, we need to be more aggressive, more on the front foot but make sure we have all the players behind the ball. This is what we need to show against one of the best teams in producing chances and creating moments.

"Around the box we need to be on our very best defensively but still have a formation and approach to the game that we can be dangerous ourselves." Ralf Rangnick.

It’s not about plugging wholes it’s about the. System. I’m not giving you a lazy answer your just not grasping what I’m saying. Stop looking at contracts and fees. It’s why we are a mess now. Pep signed two keepers in a year and signed 3 right backs in 3 years. These players have done nothing for us. We get on board with what the manager wants. Yes Bruno got a new contract but we also have Van De Beek who was brought for good money who doesn’t even play. Why should I be upset if Bruno on a new contract doesn’t play because he doesn’t press as good as an Nkunku.
Another lazy answer without context. When I ask context means explain how and why. Therefore, you need to tell us here how Nkunku's profile (who plays most of the time as no 10, second striker, and plays more LW than RW) will fit in to what we are trying to build but why not Sancho and Bruno fit in? How Nkunku fits in to the system but why not Bruno and Sancho when there are other areas for example RW that clearly requires upgrade first to make the system works. How can no 10 and LW are more priority than other areas. If it's not then tell us how can Nkunku will fit in in other position like RW for when he rarely even play there at RB Leipzig? Not saying he won't fit in but there are things that botthered me so I need to know more here. And also what makes you think Bruno doesn't press as good as Nkunku? If anything that we can't criticise in Bruno is actually his off ball work where he always press.

Mainoldo

Another lazy answer without context. When I ask context means explain how and why. Therefore, you need to tell us here how Nkunku's profile (who plays most of the time as no 10, second striker, and plays more LW than RW) will fit in to what we are trying to build but why not Sancho and Bruno fit in? How Nkunku fits in to the system but why not Bruno and Sancho when there are other areas for example RW that clearly requires upgrade first to make the system works. How can no 10 and LW are more priority than other areas. If it's not then tell us how can Nkunku will fit in in other position like RW for when he rarely even play there at RB Leipzig? Not saying he won't fit in but there are things that botthered me so I need to know more here. And also what makes you think Bruno doesn't press as good as Nkunku? If anything that we can't criticise in Bruno is actually his off ball work where he always press.
You say all this but do you personally know this or is this what the caf told you? I remember asking the caf if they was sure Sancho wasn’t a left winger. Guess what I got... now everyones is adamant he can’t play on the left.

Maybe just watch Nkunku and you’ll get a better understanding of how he will fit in. As they don’t play the same formation this current United play. His role in the team isn’t the same as Bruno’s and on Bruno I haven’t seen any calculated press to make me believe he can do it. I’ve already listed what Nkunku offers as a footballer and we don’t have that in our team. So maybe explain to me what attacker of quality we should be looking at? As we do need an attacker, the club has made it known to the media.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You say all this but do you personally know this or is this what the caf told you? I remember asking the caf if they was sure Sancho wasn’t a left winger. Guess what I got... now everyones is adamant he can’t play on the left.

Maybe just watch Nkunku and you’ll get a better understanding of how he will fit in. As they don’t play the same formation this current United play. His role in the team isn’t the same as Bruno’s and on Bruno I haven’t seen any calculated press to make me believe he can do it. I’ve already listed what Nkunku offers as a footballer and we don’t have that in our team. So maybe explain to me what attacker of quality we should be looking at? As we do need an attacker, the club has made it known to the media.
I already told you on the last page that I want to know more because based on transfermarkt, his most played position at RB Leipzig is second striker and attacking mid of no 10, in comparison to wide area, it’s very small number that he even play there and even when he does, he plays on the left more than on the right. You don’t know this?

You are just giving me a lazy answer, it’s like you are just assuming that he will fit in without actually knowing where he usually play since you don’t know anything much about him and his position. You could have just tell me that.

I neither say we do or don't require him and I wouldn't know the answer since I don't know what kind of attacking style Ten Hag wants at United. You are not reading what I just told you. I counter your argument of saying that we sign him based on the player meets the ''identity'' but you are not looking at both things of both identity and roles. We should be looking at both. .…………. I even checked this in Transfermarkt, his most played position at RB Leipzig is second striker and attacking mid, in comparison to wide area, it's very small number that he even play there and even when he does, he plays on the left more than on the right. If you can provide something to backup your statement, share it.
Based on calculated press, Bruno is above Nkunku.

Mainoldo

I already told you on the last page that I want to know more because based on transfermarkt, his most played position at RB Leipzig is second striker and attacking mid of no 10, in comparison to wide area, it’s very small number that he even play there and even when he does, he plays on the left more than on the right. You don’t know this?

You are just giving me a lazy answer, it’s like you are just assuming that he will fit in without actually knowing where he usually play since you don’t know anything much about him and his position. You could have just tell me that.

Leipzig plays 343. Two 10’s so like a said before he does not play 10 in the same role as a Bruno Fernandes. He’s comfortable on both sides but starts on the left of a 10 for Leipzig. However I made a point to say Saido Mane was a right sided forward for Southampton. He has spent the majority of his Liverpool career on the left.

So I repeat his position is not an issue. What he offers as a football player is what we currently require.

Don’t know what I’m talking about with the 10 role. Think Conte’s Chelsea with Hazard and Willian.

I don’t care about stats too much thankfully.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Oh oh someone is using stats and not watching…

NewYorkRed

I have not seen him play. But the last 2 attacking signings we made from the bundesliga were total flops and the jury is still out on Jadon. For Chelsea, werner has been largely a flop and while Havertz has scored some huge goals, he’s overall not been great. Same for Pulisic, although he’s been unlucky with injuries. So i’m gonna suggest we stay away purely based on that.

I understand that the past is not always a great predictor of the future but this is a position that we can find other alternatives in so I’d rather just go that route.

Cassidy

I have not seen him play. But the last 2 attacking signings we made from the bundesliga were total flops and the jury is still out on Jadon. For Chelsea, werner has been largely a flop and while Havertz has scored some huge goals, he’s overall not been great. Same for Pulisic, although he’s been unlucky with injuries. So i’m gonna suggest we stay away purely based on that.

I understand that the past is not always a great predictor of the future but this is a position that we can find other alternatives in so I’d rather just go that route.
Going to just ignore the Bundesliga successes then?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Leipzig plays 343. Two 10’s so like a said before he does not play 10 in the same role as a Bruno Fernandes. He’s comfortable on both sides but starts on the left of a 10 for Leipzig. However I made a point to say Saido Mane was a right sided forward for Southampton. He has spent the majority of his Liverpool career on the left.

So I repeat his position is not an issue. What he offers as a football player is what we currently require.

Don’t know what I’m talking about with the 10 role. Think Conte’s Chelsea with Hazard and Willian.

I don’t care about stats too much thankfully.
So that’s make it worse because two 10s formation and role are not something ETH uses. So how is someone who plays more as 10 in formation of two 10s is going to fit in on the right? You are using other players example but then again they are not Nkunku, it’s like Sancho’s discussion all over again where people just use hey if Nani can play both left and right equally good then Sancho can do it and turn up his best position is actually LW. Basically, what I’m asking here what Nkunku can offer on the right or something.

Mainoldo

So that’s make it worse because two 10s formation and role are not something ETH uses. So how is someone who plays more as 10 in formation of two 10s is going to fit in on the right? You are using other players example but then again they are not Nkunku, it’s like Sancho’s discussion all over again where people just use hey if Nani can play both left and right equally good then Sancho can do it and turn up his best position is actually LW. Basically, what I’m asking here what Nkunku can offer on the right or something.
Are you trying to be a fool for the sake of it, name me a modern day Ryan Giggs? He’s a modern day forward which is where number 10’s normally operate on the wing. I made it fairly easy for you by giving you the Chelsea example for you to grasp Leipzig wide forwards play as two 10’s. It’s not hard to grasp. If Eden Hazard plays in a 433. He plays on the bloody wing. If they play 4231 he plays on the wing even though he’s a number 10. Juan Mata is also a number 10 who has played on the wing however Nkunku happens to be quick, can dribble and very agile. That makes him very useful attacker. He can play anywhere along the front. If ETH got hold of him I’m sure he would make it work like he’s done with Tadic.

NewYorkRed

Going to just ignore the Bundesliga successes then?
Of course not and there have def been success stories (KDB the obv example). I am just talking about recent history, in particular ours. I have already admitted to never have watched him, I’m sure he looks great but we’ve had enough transfer busts- think its best to take the least risky option.

Cassidy

Of course not and there have def been success stories (KDB the obv example). I am just talking about recent history, in particular ours. I have already admitted to never have watched him, I’m sure he looks great but we’ve had enough transfer busts- think its best to take the least risky option.
Our recent failures are down to poor coaching and tactical setup on our part in my opinion

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you trying to be a fool for the sake of it, name me a modern day Ryan Giggs? He’s a modern day forward which is where number 10’s normally operate on the wing. I made it fairly easy for you by giving you the Chelsea example for you to grasp Leipzig wide forwards play as two 10’s. It’s not hard to grasp. If Eden Hazard plays in a 433. He plays on the bloody wing. If they play 4231 he plays on the wing even though he’s a number 10. Juan Mata is also a number 10 who has played on the wing however Nkunku happens to be quick, can dribble and very agile. That makes him very useful attacker. He can play anywhere along the front. If ETH got hold of him I’m sure he would make it work like he’s done with Tadic.
Again, I already mentioned this in my last post that we used this logic on Sancho and turn up his best position is on the left not on the right. Did you not read that? If you do, you wouldn’t mention Mata, Hazard and Giggs name in your next post. Even two of the names you mentioned plays on the left while one plays on the right due to his left foot, which different to Nkunku. May be that’s why he plays more on the left than right because he likes to cut inside more.

Instead of using this lazy example like what people did last year on Sancho, I think you should explain what Nkunku can offer on the right or something.

Mainoldo

Again, I already mentioned this in my last post that we used this logic on Sancho and turn up his best position is on the left not on the right. Did you not read that? If you do, you wouldn’t mention Mata, Hazard and Giggs name in your next post. Even two of the names you mentioned plays on the left while one plays on the right due to his left foot, which different to Nkunku. May be that’s why he plays more on the left than right because he likes to cut inside more.

Instead of using this lazy example like what people did last year on Sancho, I think you should explain what Nkunku can offer on the right or something.
As I said already with Sancho let’s not be the total opposite and assume Sancho can play on the left only now. He was clearly more used on the left for Dortmund if people bothered to watch him but he was also part of a good system. He looks better on the left for us because we have no system and he’s just reverting to type. Like Nkunku these are flexible players so let’s not limit them to sides when they don’t have one. Sancho has had good games on the right for us and for Dortmund. He like Nkunku is also a number 10. So it doesn’t really matter. They have two different playing styles and they can work with each-other as part of a good system the same way Phil Foden and Jack Grealish can play together.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As I said already with Sancho let’s not be the total opposite and assume Sancho can play on the left only now. He was clearly more used on the left for Dortmund if people bothered to watch him but he was also part of a good system. He looks better on the left for us because we have no system and he’s just reverting to type. Like Nkunku these are flexible players so let’s not limit them to sides when they don’t have one. Sancho has had good games on the right for us and for Dortmund. He like Nkunku is also a number 10. So it doesn’t really matter. They have two different playing styles and they can work with each-other as part of a good system the same way Phil Foden and Jack Grealish can play together.
So you still can’t tell or explain what Nkunku can offer on the right or something?

Mainoldo

So you still can’t tell or explain what Nkunku can offer on the right or something?
So let’s get this straight. You are having an argument because Nkunku needs to be able to play on the right. Completely ignoring the debate I was having.

If Liverpool signed Mane but turned down Salah. Where would they be? I’m sure there was someone on there forum doing a you and asking can Salah play on the left :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So let’s get this straight. You are having an argument because Nkunku needs to be able to play on the right. Completely ignoring the debate I was having.

If Liverpool signed Mane but turned down Salah. Where would they be? I’m sure there was someone on there forum doing a you and asking can Salah play on the left :lol:
Well, I mentioned ‘’or something’’ not just on the right as long as it’s not on the left and no 10. So any answer of that question that I asked you?

Mainoldo

Well, I mentioned ‘’or something’’ not just on the right as long as it’s not on the left and no 10. So any answer of that question that I asked you?
He plays anywhere along the front. That should be good enough. Stop with the fixation about the right. Last years Sancho was suppose to solve this and now everyone is acting like they never seen him playing on the left coming.

Nkunku can play anywhere along the front. Leave it as that. If he comes here you’ll learn more about him like most United fans find out about players.

Just trust Rangnick is pushing for him hard and I’m sure he knows who our new manager is going to be. So I’m sure he’s not looking to just over crowd the left.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He plays anywhere along the front. That should be good enough. Stop with the fixation about the right. Last years Sancho was suppose to solve this and now everyone is acting like they never seen him playing on the left coming.

Nkunku can play anywhere along the front. Leave it as that. If he comes here you’ll learn more about him like most United fans find out about players.

Just trust Rangnick is pushing for him hard and I’m sure he knows who our new manager is going to be. So I’m sure he’s not looking to just over crowd the left.
So what he offers in the attack that makes you think he will suit to our RW role or a position that we actually needs for our/ETH system other than LW and no 10?

Mainoldo

So what he offers in the attack that makes you think he will suit to our RW role or a position that we actually needs for our/ETH system other than LW and no 10?
It’s not role specific mate. My original point was he offers the type of playing style which we need to progress as a club. I also highlighted we currently do not have an attacker at the club like him. But like I said openly in this thread. List a player at the club with similar attributes to him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s not role specific mate. My original point was he offers the type of playing style which we need to progress as a club. I also highlighted we currently do not have an attacker at the club like him. But like I said openly in this thread. List a player at the club with similar attributes to him.
But I told you already in my other posts that we need to look at both the identity and the roles not just one of them . Do you not agree with that. If role is also not important, we might should just sign 5 of no 10 or 4 right backs without knowing whether they can perform at best in the other positions that the manager requires.

I neither say we do or don't require him and I wouldn't know the answer since I don't know what kind of attacking style Ten Hag wants at United. You are not reading what I just told you. I counter your argument of saying that we sign him based on the player meets the ''identity'' but you are not looking at both things of both identity and roles. We should be looking at both. For example, if his best position is no 10, why should we sign him this summer after giving Bruno a new contract? He spent lot of his time at RB Leipzig playing as attacking midfield of behind striker or this season as second striker in 2 striker position. ……………..

reddevilz007

I’m waiting to hear those “big numbers in the Bundesliga, but will fail in EPL” comments for Haaland.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want a false 9 in the squad.

But if we are buying him as a player that also plays RW then I just can't get excited over another right footed player.

We have:

Sancho
Rashford
Elanga
Ronaldo
Cavani
Garnacho
Bruno fernandes
Shoretire

Who are all right footed players that can play as forwards.

Our one and only left footed forward has been arrested.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I am not sure whether he will actually be good in PL, but we definitely need another forward next season to replace Cavani, Greenwood, while Rashford and Martial are both still in very poor form. That’s only one new forward signing for 2-4 attackers missing.

Plus we also need to save funds for midfield signings (need 2 CM/DM to replace Pogba/Matic). We probably also need another CB and RB too. Thats 5 new signing minimum. If each cost us 50-60m, that’s about 250-300m budget need for this summer. Which means we don’t have the fund to buy big on one player. Nkunku is definitely within our budget, but whether he is the best available 50m forward option will be remained to be seen.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I just think it's strange United would go for him, he doesn't actually solve any of the position needs they have. I don't really like the idea of Nkunku as the CF either.
where does he play? Is he a wide forward?

Trex

I haven't seen enough of him what are his actual qualities, is he a dribbler, crosser of the ball, strikes from range, how quick is he, does he press a lot from the front, good a playing through balls, how is his decision making?

jesperjaap

I am not sure whether he will actually be good in PL, but we definitely need another forward next season to replace Cavani, Greenwood, while Rashford and Martial are both still in very poor form. That’s only one new forward signing for 2-4 attackers missing.

Plus we also need to save funds for midfield signings (need 2 CM/DM to replace Pogba/Matic). We probably also need another CB and RB too. Thats 5 new signing minimum. If each cost us 50-60m, that’s about 250-300m budget need for this summer. Which means we don’t have the fund to buy big on one player. Nkunku is definitely within our budget, but whether he is the best available 50m forward option will be remained to be seen.
Yes but I dont see how we spend £50m on more than one player, the "value" term is prevalent this summer likes of Kamara free, Enzo Fernandez £20m, several others, whether good enough or not, we need to be looking at 3/4 signings of £20m or under

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I haven't seen enough of him what are his actual qualities, is he a dribbler, crosser of the ball, strikes from range, how quick is he, does he press a lot from the front, good a playing through balls, how is his decision making?
What makes him exceptional is that he is very good at all those things. He's not a breathtaking dribbler for example but he gets past players if need be. You wouldn't describe him as a playmaker but he picks the right passes and makes the right decisions. Also, he's a very intelligent player who gets into the right spaces with the right timing, works very well against the ball, etc.

I find it hard to compare him with somebody. This season I started to think of him as a more technical version of Thomas Müller.

Personally, I thought the last big talents leaving the Bundesliga (Havertz, Sancho, etc) have a higher ceiling than Nkunku and so does the next bunch of talents which is currently developing (Wirtz, Musiala, Bellingham, etc.). But then again, you probably said the same about Thomas Müller back in the day compared to someone like Özil or Götze and I think it is clear who ended up having the better career by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.