City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Edwards6

Thank you for agreeing with my original post.

Also, FFP should die a thousand deaths.
Just because you don’t agree with FFP it doesn't excuse City breaking the rules, their success is about as relevant as Lance Armstrong winning the tour de France.
Getting rid of FFP doesn't mean every club will be successful, look what happened to clubs like Portsmouth and Blackburn that spent loads relying on the owners wealth and it wasn't sustainable

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They should just tell the investigating panel that City fans don't care about breaking the rules, so therefore the charges should be dropped.

If they don't get a fair punishment for this such as titles stripped or relegation then I think I'm done with watching the Premier League. Unbelievable amount of cheating gone on.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
In the last 20 years, wherever I have been in the world, I've seen people wearing liverpool shirts. Not as many as ours or real;s, but enough. In places where people didn't know city even existed.

A few trophies doesn't take you from 6000 hardcore fans from stockport to double the turnover of liverpool, when at that same time the couse won the premier league, champions league and were genuinely easily the most dynamic and watchable team playing the game. And I hate you for making me say that.
You know how each team prints "CL trophy winners" when they think they're going to win it in the final? And how 1 team only wins it? And how the other team is now stuck with useless shirts?

Those were the shirts you probably saw.

Also, judging by the number of shirts I've seen on my travels, after United the biggest club is Chelsea. I'm not using my anecdotal experience as a proxy to determine revenue.

And if club revenue is weakly related to trophies and heavily tied to fan base size, United management can rest easy. Why bother winning trophies? The money is huge and will continue to be huge because we have many fans wearing (fake, but doesn't matter) in Burundi and Myanmar.

Ananke

I love it when City fans moan about FFP, how it shouldn’t be.

It exists, deal with it. Everyone else does. And if they don’t, they deserve what comes to them as well.

adexkola

Supports
Just because you don’t agree with FFP it doesn't excuse City breaking the rules, their success is about as relevant as Lance Armstrong winning the tour de France.
Getting rid of FFP doesn't mean every club will be successful, look what happened to clubs like Portsmouth and Blackburn that spent loads relying on the owners wealth and it wasn't sustainable
I'm on record saying if City are found guilty they can't complain with the PL throwing the book at them.

They are on trial of breaking idiotic rules they agreed to follow. I don't have to hold up the rules as some divine precept they broke. Rio was suspended for 8 months for missing a drug test. I think it's a stupid rule but he agreed to the rules so he can't complain with the punishment.

Heinzesight

Through significant investment. How else? Another other route is impossible. There isn’t a City fan on the planet who would deny that without it we would be where we are today.

There’s a perception that City fans deny ownership investment along the way to get us to where we have today. I don’t think that’s the case. We just don’t care about FFP because the intent of it was to stop teams like City winning big trophies. If anything it just makes it all the more sweet.

Easy to forget that all of these charges everybody is up in arms about are against rules that were only introduced 10 years ago, with many clubs of the fans who are so vocal having benefited from significant ownership investment prior to that.
There is no perception that City fans deny ownership investment. Your club have brazenly defied the rules to artificially get to where you are.

‘We just don't care about FFP’…the arrogance is appalling. Rules are there for every other team but your club just think they can grease another few palms and the charges will magically disappear.

An awful club with an equally awful, deluded, head in the sand fanbase.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Say what you want about Liverpool and Arsenal. At least when they were shite, their fans stuck around and even grew in numbers. Their revenues have always been enough to run the club and to sign players (not necessarily have to be the world class ones but they could do it as well). City on the other hand, when it's their time to be in that cycle where they're past their peak and struggle to regenerate, their newer "fans" will leave them, if and ONLY if the cheating is stopped by then aka they won't get injected by their own 'sponsors' again, there might be no way to climb back up. What about the history you say? what history? cheating and doping history? players play for them right now because they're the best club in PL plus they are filthy rich. That's all there's to it. Nobody gives a feck about the treble if they're no longer the best as it's all artificial anyway. Nobody gives a feck about their stupid statues as well.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
The point is not to debate if FFP is fair or not. Its there, it exists, and everyone else is following it. Clubs that achieve success by breaking the rules should simply be punished.

The Irish Connection

A bit of research would bring to your attention the following timeline:

Mar 2022 - OKX start sponsoring Man City

Jul 2022 - OKX increase their sponsorship

Also Jul 2022 - OKX receive a provisional license allowing them to operate in the UAE
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...kx-gets-dubai-license-set-to-open-hub-in-city

June 2023 - OKX announces plans to expand Middle East operations
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...on-with-eye-middle-east-expansion-2023-06-15/

Jul 2023 - OKX increase their sponsorship yet again
Good research, thanks. Dodgy as feck.

Yakuza_devils

A bit of research would bring to your attention the following timeline:

Mar 2022 - OKX start sponsoring Man City

Jul 2022 - OKX increase their sponsorship

Also Jul 2022 - OKX receive a provisional license allowing them to operate in the UAE
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...kx-gets-dubai-license-set-to-open-hub-in-city

June 2023 - OKX announces plans to expand Middle East operations
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...on-with-eye-middle-east-expansion-2023-06-15/

Jul 2023 - OKX increase their sponsorship yet again
What an excellent research. This is to show those deluded City fans and strangely one Arsenal fan here frothing at their mouth trying to convince everyone that City's revenues are real because they're winning a lot. Their revenues are more than RM, Barca, Man Utd and Bayern Munich.

Lance Armstrong of football. 115.

Irwin99

I've always found it strange that fans of mid level or historically big clubs like Villa, Everton, Spurs or the likes of Leicester seem so apathetic when it comes to City, Chelsea and Newcastle's money and use City's success to gleefully rub it in the face of every United, Arsenal or Liverpool fan when they are the ones being hurt by this just as much. Partly I wonder is it their own fantasy to be bought out by an oil state one day or are they just unaware that it makes their efforts to achieve anything of note in football that much harder? Poch's Spurs finally cracked the top 4 and got Spurs champions league football (even a final) for a while and Leicester won a league, an FA cup and missed out on two top 4 finishes in successive seasons by the narrowest of margins. Both achievements were a big deal for their respective supporters. Good luck to teams trying to replicate something like that with Newcastle entering the arena.

Yes undeniably FFP was partly created to protect the likes of United, Madrid etc. but it was also created on the backs of clubs spending obscene amounts of money and running themselves into the ground to try and keep up with the big boys and the oil clubs. FFP is a step in the right direction for football regulation surely? the fact that City have broken the rules consistently you would think would really anger other club's fans.

JagUTD

At this point, nothing short of Manchester City being forced out of business would be a stain on football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've always found it strange that fans of mid level or historically big clubs like Villa, Everton, Spurs or the likes of Leicester seem so apathetic when it comes to City, Chelsea and Newcastle's money and use City's success to gleefully rub it in the face of every United, Arsenal or Liverpool fan when they are the ones being hurt by this just as much. Partly I wonder is it their own fantasy to be bought out by an oil state one day or are they just unaware that it makes their efforts to achieve anything of note in football that much harder? Poch's Spurs finally cracked the top 4 and got Spurs champions league football (even a final) for a while and Leicester won a league, an FA cup and missed out on two top 4 finishes in successive seasons by the narrowest of margins. Both achievements were a big deal for their respective supporters. Good luck to teams trying to replicate something like that with Newcastle entering the arena.

Yes undeniably FFP was partly created to protect the likes of United, Madrid etc. but it was also created on the backs of clubs spending obscene amounts of money and running themselves into the ground to try and keep up with the big boys and the oil clubs. FFP is a step in the right direction for football regulation surely? the fact that City have broken the rules consistently you would think would really anger other club's fans.
I think it's as simple as it makes no difference to mid to low end prem clubs who spends the most money. And it makes no difference to them either way, as they will still be way off achieving anything.

Orion.

The issue with Arab state ‘investment’ is that, by nature, they’re monopolists; competing doesn’t interest them, they answer to nobody, and have modern slaves and infinite inherited wealth to pander to every one of their urges.

Desperate loser fan bases like City and Newcastle will willingly bend over for an Arab sugar daddy to make all of their dreams come true, in the same way Hitler capitalised on the depleted morale and desperation of the post-Treaty Of Versailles German populace to attain support - but I hope the United fans will have more moral fibre than willingly accepting any Qatari acquisition; the Glazer’s are holding United hostage, but if Qatar get it, it’s gone forever.

The outcome of this PL FFP action against City defines the future legitimacy of the Premier League - they’ve made a mockery of the competition for over a decade and ultimately defrauded numerous clubs out of prize money and Cup successes - only title stripping and relegation will salvage any credibility for the product moving forward.

Failing that, the Super League is football’s only salvation, as it’s the only competition that will strictly regulate it’s participants and create an elite, evenly-financed sporting spectacle. The puppeteered outrage at its proposal a couple of years ago is laughable; it was literally deemed a threat to the integrity of the domestic game here, while the PL has been casually monopolised by Mansour’s mercenaries - a dubious dynasty built upon sand and sleaze.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, it took 117 pages, but someone has likened Man City's owners to Hitler.
Think I'm out for a bit :lol:

Orion.

Thank you for agreeing with my original post.

Also, FFP should die a thousand deaths.
If FFP was a properly-imposed regulation from the turn of the century, Arsenal probably wouldn’t have been waiting 20 years to win another title you eejit.

City and Chelsea literally leapfrogged Arsenal via oil benefactors, cherry-picking your best players and transfer targets in the process, at a time where you’d built your own stadium with your own money; have some self-respect and demand accountability, and ultimately justice for your club and Wenger.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
I'm not sure why so many people think revenue is unattached to recent success. Otherwise, why is Milan skint as feck? They're a big club, right? Ditto for Ajax.
Milan and Ajax don't have the money, and they can't even rely on past success cause they peaked in the 70s,80s, 90s and early 2000s when internet wasn't global and football clubs were not 100% marketable brands as they are today.

Teams certainly can create more profit if they peaked around the late 2000s when social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc) became huge.

adexkola

Supports
If FFP was a properly-imposed regulation from the turn of the century, Arsenal probably wouldn’t have been waiting 20 years to win another title you eejit.
That's exactly why it's idiotic from a neutral position. FFP would have ensured the title stayed between United and Arsenal. You dumb weapon.

That's exactly why it's idiotic from a neutral position. FFP would have ensured the title stayed between United and Arsenal. You dumb weapon.
Nonsense considering both Liverpool and Leicester have won the fexking thing since SAF retired, and the scouse have broke 90 points 3 times right?
Spurs likely would have had a title too.

FFP wouldn’t have ensured anything post Fergie, clearly.

This.

Liverpool,Arsenal, and Tottenham could have won something.
It’s such a daft argument, considering United have spent like feck yet ended up behind Leicester, fecking Everton, and Spurs plenty, etc and the same with Arsenal; the honest truth is that City’s dominance and finance fiddling has robbed some proper football clubs of a chance to do something special once Fergie retired.
Instead we’ll have City making Fergie’s dominance (13 in 20 seasons after his first title) look like child’s play when they win something like 8 out of 10 titles.
Allowing a state owner hasn’t been somehow good for the game by breaking up a Bayern Munich esque dominance, it’s done the exact opposite, when teams had their chance post Fergie, it’s instead created the most dominant team in PL history, hitting 90+ points every season, already with a treble, already winning a record 5 of the last 6 titles. It’s been horrendous for the game.

We weren’t allowed (rightfully so) to be taken over by Sky, due to the financial disparity that would have created, so of course a bottomless pit of oil state money should have been blocked.

Last edited:

Orion.

Nonsense considering both Liverpool and Leicester have won the fexking thing since SAF retired, and the scouse have broke 90 points 3 times right?
Spurs likely would have had a title too.

FFP wouldn’t have ensured anything post Fergie, clearly.
Leicester won the league then lost Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez within a few years to……..oil clubs. Monaco were phenomenal in 2016/17, winning the league while making a big impact on the Champions League but then immediately lost Mbappe, Bernardo, Mendy and Bakayoko to……oil clubs. They absolutely ruin legitimate sporting projects; Liverpool aren’t a club I particularly like, but their achievements over the past decade have been phenomenal and they’ve had a potential dynasty tarnished by a financially doped Abu Dhabi proxy club.

Leicester won the league then lost Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez within a few years to……..oil clubs. Monaco were phenomenal in 2016/17, winning the league while making a big impact on the Champions League but then immediately lost Mbappe, Bernardo, Mendy and Bakayoko to……oil clubs. They absolutely ruin legitimate sporting projects; Liverpool aren’t a club I particularly like, but their achievements over the past decade have been phenomenal and they’ve had a potential dynasty tarnished by a financially doped Abu Dhabi proxy club.
Aye, it’s clearly been horrendous for the game and for competition, both in France and in England.
France was a similar story to post Fergie, after Lyon’s dominance was broken they had 4 different winners in 4 seasons. Since PSG fecked over FFP over there, they’ve won 9 of the last 11, Lyon managed 6 in total during their dynasty.

Make no mistake, the same thing is happening here, City like PsG are dominating to a ridiculous degree.

OldSchoolManc

It’s such a daft argument, considering United have spent like feck yet ended up behind Leicester, fecking Everton, and Spurs plenty, etc and the same with Arsenal; the honest truth is that City’s dominance and finance fiddling has robbed some proper football clubs of a chance to do something special once Fergie retired.
Instead we’ll have City making Fergie’s dominance (13 in 20 seasons after his first title) look like child’s play when they win something like 8 out of 10 titles.
Allowing a state owner hasn’t been somehow good for the game by breaking up a Bayern Munich esque dominance, it’s done the exact opposite, when teams had their chance post Fergie, it’s instead created the most dominant team in PL history, hitting 90+ points every season, already with a treble, already winning a record 5 of the last 6 titles. It’s been horrendous for the game.

We weren’t allowed (rightfully so) to be taken over by Sky, due to the financial disparity that would have created, so of course a bottomless pit of oil state money should have been blocked.
Exactly this. United dominance came to an end once SAF retired.
Other naturally emerging teams deserved to take their place with the odd title or two.

Instead, City took a nuclear weapon to a spud gun fight and wiped everyone out.

It’s an ugly, abhorrent, meaningless void. Any whataboutism is moronic.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Other naturally emerging teams deserved to take their place with the odd title or two.

But fairplay to them; playing pretty football with a squad that shouldn't exist and dominating because they're playing by the rules everyone else is.

Sgt.Dignam

Supports
Carlisle United

Yep, this.

It also explains why to a degree people have had them rather win it than Liverpool - because it is hollow and no matter how much success City get. It is born out of corruption/cheating and obfuscation and will never have legitimacy.

b20times

But we did the same in the 90s/00s.

NWRed

Finally got around to watching this:
Surprised it has so few views.
Very interesting documentary. Although it's always been obvious City cheated this makes out the PL probably have the evidence to find City guilty.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Very interesting documentary. Although it's always been obvious City cheated this makes out the PL probably have the evidence to find City guilty.
The evidence is there. Some of it is just unusable due to legal loopholes like time restrictions and illegal sourcing (via the hack). Even most city fans acknowledge they've cheated, they just don't care.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The evidence is there. Some of it is just unusable due to legal loopholes like time restrictions and illegal sourcing (via the hack). Even most city fans acknowledge they've cheated, they just don't care.
Seriously…I’ve not met one

NWRed

There are no time restrictions in the PL case, I'm not sure on whether the hacked material can be used or not but the case isn't taking place in CAS and City can't appeal to CAS so the same rules won't necessarily apply.