City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Castia

I'm hearing Everton are getting a -12 point deduction. Zero chance City get away with this if Everton are punished

Oranges038

I'm hearing Everton are getting a -12 point deduction. Zero chance City get away with this if Everton are punished
PL suits are obviously just fed up of Everton giving Liverpool 6pts every year and scraping out of the relegation battle.

crossy1686

career ending
It would be really interesting to know the actual sponsorship number that's not linked to the UAE in seriousness though
They probably have some decent sponsors after what they’ve won but when you look at the crowds they draw on tv and in the stadium it’s not going to be many big sponsors. I think it’s mostly kids who consume City content on the likes of Tik tok because they play FIFA and want to see the likes of Haaland. You can’t really sell wine or business communication software to that crowd so they’re always going to have dodgy sponsors like crypto exchanges anyway because it’s cool with the kids.

tomaldinho1

They probably have some decent sponsors after what they’ve won but when you look at the crowds they draw on tv and in the stadium it’s not going to be many big sponsors. I think it’s mostly kids who consume City content on the likes of Tik tok because they play FIFA and want to see the likes of Haaland. You can’t really sell wine or business communication software to that crowd so they’re always going to have dodgy sponsors like crypto exchanges anyway because it’s cool with the kids.
More because they are companies that are much harder to find information on than because they are cool I would have thought.

If you take out all the linked sponsors, it would be good to know the actual revenue.

Agila Dathi

Everton facing point deduction, probably Chelsea too. But no news about those 115 charges. The only reason why the Barcelona scandal came out is because they are broke and can’t afford to bribe the refs anymore.
But yeah, VAR is the main problem in football right now.

of course Chelsea and Everton should get punished if they did something wrong, but it’ strange how Chelsea were under no investigation untill the new owners came out first after they found out what had been going on. Money really talks.

OldSchoolManc

If City get away with no serious punishment, the rest of football should just refuse to play them.

djembatheking

If City get away with no serious punishment, the rest of football should just refuse to play them.
I like the idea of every team putting a young team of academy players out against them and City would win the title with 38 wins every season but it would be meaningless.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like the idea of every team putting a young team of academy players out against them and City would win the title with 38 wins every season but it would be meaningless.
They're already meaningless. If they're top I basically look at the league from second downwards and don't really consider them part of it. I've not seen even seen a single highlight or any football from them since the FA Cup final.

VARsenal

Supports
Arsenal
Is it true that City have been caught with 'Sponsor Companies' which had headquarters based out of post boxes in some random locations?

If that's true how is that not as damning as it comes? Like why is everyone pretending this is normal and not doing anything about it?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is it true that City have been caught with 'Sponsor Companies' which had headquarters based out of post boxes in some random locations?

If that's true how is that not as damning as it comes? Like why is everyone pretending this is normal and not doing anything about it?
Basically. Journalists have tried to go to the HQ of these sponsors and it's just empty buildings.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

One was apparently a terraced house in Watford with a turnover of about 15k and the MD’s picture was taken from Amazon

djembatheking

They're already meaningless. If they're top I basically look at the league from second downwards and don't really consider them part of it. I've not seen even seen a single highlight or any football from them since the FA Cup final.
If everyone fielded a youth team against them and let them have the 3 points without any fight they would be smashing the kids with double figure scorelines. How long would Haaland and co stay there when it is obviously such a sham.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
One was apparently a terraced house in Watford with a turnover of about 15k and the MD’s picture was taken from Amazon
Wasn't it found that the profile picture of the supposed CEO of their betting partner was a stock image of "business woman"?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Chelsea ends up getting points reduction, City need to be relegated and have their titles revoked.

stevoc

It seems since 2018 when they began to refuse to hand over their finances to the Premier League they haven't even bothered to hide it. They probably thought feck it either they do nothing or they sink them down the divisions, either way they're going to make the most of it while they can and pump as much money is as possible while keeping the vague appearance of legitimacy.

bstb3

I like this idea too, but you would never get enough teams on board with it.
I'd take it one step further and just default their games, all of them. No need to give them fixtures to televise and easy wins to crow about. Just default, everything is a 3-0 for them but no TV coverage. That would get the sponsers scuttling away... oh.... well, some of them. That needs all the other teams to align on that though, which you can't imagine they would, unfortunately. It would send the strongest message.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It seems this information was handed over by Chelsea themselves from what I am reading. Why did they do that?
They probably didn't realise what they were doing?
They discovered it via the financial due diligence process during the takeover - and were proactive about it to help reach a settlement with UEFA. They were so alarmed that they earmarked funds specifically to pay off fines:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...m-europe-for-23-24-in-separate-financial-case

Dr. StrangeHate

They discovered it via the financial due diligence process during the takeover - and were proactive about it to help reach a settlement with UEFA. They were so alarmed that they earmarked funds specifically to pay off fines:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...m-europe-for-23-24-in-separate-financial-case
It makes you wonder what other clubs are doing as well. Chelsea (under Roman), City and Newcastle would be the obvious clubs with issues but I am sure other clubs won't be totally clean.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It makes you wonder what other clubs are doing as well. Chelsea (under Roman), City and Newcastle would be the obvious clubs with issues but I am sure other clubs won't be totally clean.
Probably anyone who has bought a player from Africa or South America, in all honesty - there are so many dodgy agents / representatives out there.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Been a few on twatter talkling about it

Exactly as reliable as some random newbie on the caf.

Why do people automatically believe complete bollocks if it's on twitter?

RedRocket9908

We need the Premier League to release some kind of update on this, its been 9 months since they were charged and we've heard nothing since while City have been able to continue playing and buying players as usual.