City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Imagine if all clubs affected by their alleged financial cheating decide to bring a class action lawsuit against them (or whatever the UK equivalent of this is) and they end up being made to pay hundreds of millions in damages to clubs who got relegated / knocked out of cups / denied titles

Oh my

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I would say the reason its taken the long is to gather up the necessary (and above-board) proof of everything and make sure its watertight.
Their lot still questioning whether they have proof, i mean fecking hell...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They better come down hard on them then. If they don't I can see the other PL clubs complaining.
I’ve not seen many people say this but I agree, there’s no way teams will accept being relegated/not getting Europe etc whilst City get a fine for deliberate false accounting.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Only one of the 98 breaches has to stick i think, and theyre fecked

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If they are guilty of hiding things from contracts and paying players or staff off-book, isn't that the same as money laundering?

Blood Mage

All well and good punishing City but surely something should be done about Chelsea too?

Scriblerus

Just a couple of thoughts on nuclear options...
1. The PL's fit and proper owners test is reviewed every season.
2. If they have failed to provide proper accounts, can't HMRC ban all the directors?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but I'm really surprised by this, I thought the CAS is like the Supreme Court of sports and they would have a final say over everything. Didn't know City won't be able to go to them.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Weve been here before many many times, we know how this goes down.
The indipendant regulator will be hit , most likely personally by the club, well never know about it but they will almost definitely use underhanded tactics to effect the outcome of all this.

I think well see a hefty fine and maybe one or two window transfer ban and maybe , just maybe a 5 point deduction or something symbolic like that, which is essentially nothing to them.

It will be rigged in a way that will seem like a light punishment but they ultimately get away with it.

I think they should be relegated and stripped of all titles in the period being investigated.
The integrity of the league is compromised.

crossy1686

career ending
They should cancel the whole club.

I think it only goes up to the 17/18 season, meaning we’d have 22 titles, and Liverpool would have 20. Which is jokes.
It only goes up to 2018 because City have failed to provide the necessary documentation after that date, which they're also charged with failure to comply. So there's potentially another 5 years of charges in the post.

Woodzy

Pep is already on the cusp of a mental breakdown, I can see him walking sooner rather than later tbh. The guy burnt out managing the best team in football at Barca.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If it goes from 2009-2022.

2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - Manchester Utd
2011/12 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2012/13 - Manchester Utd
2013/14 - Manchester City Liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2018/19 - Manchester City Liverpool
2019/20 - Liverpool Invalid season
2020/21 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2021/22 - Manchester City Liverpool

Amazingly it would only affect Utd and Liverpool and give both 3 titles each.

New standing would be

Manchester United - 23 times
Liverpool - 21 times
fixed

LordSpud

Weve been here before many many times, we know how this goes down.
The indipendant regulator will be hit , most likely personally by the club, well never know about it but they will almost definitely use underhanded tactics to effect the outcome of all this.

I think well see a hefty fine and maybe one or two window transfer ban and maybe , just maybe a 5 point deduction or something symbolic like that, which is essentially nothing to them.

It will be rigged in a way that will seem like a light punishment but they ultimately get away with it.

I think they should be relegated and stripped of all titles in the period being investigated.
The integrity of the league is compromised.
Honestly, if they get away with it again I can see myself falling out of love with it. Really makes the whole thing pointless if cheaters gonna cheat.

Mike Smalling

Pep quote from last year:
I said to them: ‘If you lie to me, the day after I am not here. I will be out and I will not be your friend any more. I put my faith in you because I believe you 100% from day one and I defend the club because of that.’

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Off to book the parade…

On a more serious note, surely a lot of clubs and players could claim they’ve lost earnings revenue and CL places etc off the back of this?

Not sure about the retrospective stripping and awarding of titles.

Handsome Devil

When Rangers had their trouble back in 2012, the other SPL clubs voted to block their readmission to the league. Could the other clubs in the EPL act in the same way to City?

bringbackbebe

Looks severe. Don't think points deduction or transfer ban is going to cut it. They should be forced to sign Lukaku and Ronaldo and play them up front for the next 3 years.

Zen86

Pep made such a money focused choice going there, you’d have to be the biggest of mugs to believe he had no idea.
If Mancini had off the books deals with City, you can bet that Pep has something to hide as well.

Djemba-Djemba

It only goes up to 2018 because City have basically refused to hand over any information after that.

They've clearly still been cheating since 2018 so I imagine there will be even more charges to come.

I know they got away with it last time, but this feels much much more airtight and serious. They're fecked.