City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Bertie Wooster

Will this affect Girona if/when they qualify for CL or EL?
I don't know, but I very much doubt it. These multi club owners know how to juggle the board / supposed ownership to get round the restrictions.

As other multi club owners have managed to do it, then I'm sure City Group will have all that covered already and be able to somehow do the same.

Oranges038

I don't know, but I very much doubt it. These multi club owners know how to juggle the board / supposed ownership to get round the restrictions.

As other multi club owners have managed to do it, then I'm sure City Group will have all that covered already and be able to somehow do the same.
They own less than 50%. Won't be a problem.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
So 100m Grealish is binned then?

So many things wrong with the modern game.
Like Maguire Antony Sancho Enzo etc and other big money signings will likely be binned very soon and most likely wont win the EPL or CL

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Hard for us to moan about this when our new joint owner has 3 clubs. And if Todibo joins us for a snip, then we'll all be quite pleased with the set up.
It's not hard at all, loads of people have been saying that Ineos's other ownerships was an issue.
Like Maguire Antony Sancho Enzo etc and other big money signings will likely be binned very soon and most likely wont win the EPL or CL
Unh? What are you even going on about? You're a strange poster.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
so the moral highground
:lol:

City are in major danger of having everything stripped from them because of how blatantly bollocks it's all been.

If not having that happen to us is the moral high ground then yes please. It's like watching someone being sentenced to years in jail for fraud and going "Ugh wish I'd have done that instead of being all moral".

Zen86

It's a slippery slope. It needs to be stopped entirely before we're in a huge mess of every single club being under an umbrella of ownership and players moving around the same pathways. It's dull and as I said, ruins the integrity of it all.
It does, but it should have been addressed years ago. The ruling bodies seemingly have no appetite to put an end to it and it’s barely mentioned in the media. Basically, it’s not going to change unless the fans openly revolt against it, and I can’t really see that happening anytime soon.

Football sold its soul and crossed a line many years ago, this is just the next evolutionary step in that. Ironically, I think more widespread adoption by clubs like United will only put a greater spotlight on it, which I guess is a good thing.

bosskeano

:lol:

City are in major danger of having everything stripped from them because of how blatantly bollocks it's all been.

If not having that happen to us is the moral high ground then yes please. It's like watching someone being sentenced to years in jail for fraud and going "Ugh wish I'd have done that instead of being all moral".
City have been sitting on these "allegations" for how long and feck all has been done?

again though....this was more about how they have a consortium of clubs taht can buy different players and then move them which if i'm correct currently is NOT against any sort of transfer rule

bosskeano

well I call it not cheating but yea if you like
is there a rule or law in place by FIFA against transferring a player between clubs owned by the same group??? i mean city and red bull have been doing it for years without consequence

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
City have been sitting on these "allegations" for how long and feck all has been done?

again though....this was more about how they have a consortium of clubs taht can buy different players and then move them which if i'm correct currently is NOT against any sort of transfer rule
Yeah we're all waiting to see. They've set a precedent with the Everton ruling too. That one was done quickly because Everton co-operated. City are obstructing the investigation which is why it's taking longer.

And yes it's not against a transfer rule, but it should be.

bosskeano

Yeah we're all waiting to see. They've set a precedent with the Everton ruling too. That one was done quickly because Everton co-operated. City are obstructing the investigation which is why it's taking longer.

And yes it's not against a transfer rule, but it should be.
I agree it should be as it's an easy way around FFP however it's currently not....similar to Chelsea giving players 8 year contract to usurp FFP

just saying if UEFA doesn't alter rules for those types of transfers, Sir Jim and his group should be using the same loop holes to navigate our transfers.

City just has blatantly used a country to bankroll their spending without really giving two fecks and not worrying about it. This type of transfer loop hole really isn't their big issue, it's their volume of spending and not having the revenue to counter balance it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I agree it should be as it's an easy way around FFP however it's currently not....similar to Chelsea giving players 8 year contract to usurp FFP

just saying if UEFA doesn't alter rules for those types of transfers, Sir Jim and his group should be using the same loop holes to navigate our transfers.

City just has blatantly used a country to bankroll their spending without really giving two fecks and not worrying about it. This type of transfer loop hole really isn't their big issue, it's their volume of spending and not having the revenue to counter balance it.
Might be how some think but personally I wouldn't want us to do that. I want to be proud of my club and to be able to hopefully say in a couple years when City and Chelsea have been clamped down on that we didn't resort to that.

bosskeano

Might be how some think but personally I wouldn't want us to do that. I want to be proud of my club and to be able to hopefully say in a couple years when City and Chelsea have been clamped down on that we didn't resort to that.
hell i think we all want to be proud of the history of our club despite the bs that has allowed the likes of City, PSG etc to make themselves relevant bc UEFA doesn't have the balls to stop tehm yet they'll pick on fecking Everton and Forrest

RedRocket9908

Apprently it’s just down to City having an abnormal amount of prime time kick offs compared to others
Also the inclusion of viewing figures from matches like the Champions League final which would have generated large numbers of viewers regardless of who was playing.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Another episode from Etihad

• The Premier League is facing a fresh battle over changes to rules governing commercial deals between related parties after it was warned by a club that the proposals were unlawful.
  • Sky News has learnt that the 20 top-flight clubs, which include Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea and Manchester United, were notified on Thursday that one of them had informed the Premier League that it could resort to arbitration proceedings to prevent the changes being adopted.
  • The so-called associated-party transaction (APT) rules are intended to ensure a level playing field among English football's elite teams by preventing clubs from signing commercial deals at inflated prices, thereby enabling them to spend even greater sums on players.
  • There was speculation on Friday that Manchester City, which is already facing 115 charges of breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, was the club which had objected to the reforms.
  • It is understood to have told the Premier League that the changes were unlawful in English competition law, paving the way for yet another legal battle involving the game at a time when it is under intense political pressure with an independent regulator looming.
  • Manchester City, which is owned by Abu Dhabi sovereign investors, has previously expressed its opposition to tighter APT rules.
  • Its stadium is named after Etihad, the Gulf state's flagship airline, and it is said to have been among those voting against restrictions on loan signings between clubs with common ownership during a ballot on the issue in November.
  • The current Premier League champions are part of City Football Group, a sprawling international network of clubs in cities including Melbourne, Mumbai, New York and Yokohama.
  • It is contesting the 115 FFP charges, with Richard Masters, the Premier League chief executive, telling MPs last month that a date had been set for a hearing on the allegations.
  • The charges were brought a year ago, since when Everton have also been charged and had a 10-point deduction imposed which leaves the Goodison Park perilously placed in the relegation zone.
  • Everton has also been charged with a second batch of breaches, along with Nottingham Forest.
  • The issue of related-party deals has become increasingly important to many clubs because they believe the competitive balance of the Premier League is being distorted by state ownership at rivals including Manchester City and Newcastle United.
  • Newcastle is majority-owned by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund and has its shirts sponsored by Sela, a Saudi sports rights enterprise.
  • Questions have also been raised about the value of Chelsea's one-year shirt sponsorship deal with Infinite Athlete given that the club failed to qualify for Europe this season.
  • The latest threat to seek arbitration proceedings underlines the increasingly fractured relationship between the Premier League and a number of its clubs, and between the clubs themselves.
  • The top flight is already under pressure to finalise an elusive financial redistribution deal with the English Football League after many months of talks.

Woodzy

So Manchester City are essentially now the governing body of the Premier League.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Who would have thought allowing states to own clubs might pose a risk to the fair and balanced governing of that league.

Shinjch

Why would they decide to start playing fair now when they have been allowed to make the playing field uneven for so long?

SER19

This is getting laughable now. Theyve absolutely destroyed the credibility of English football

HTG

Supports
Bayern
This is getting laughable now. Theyve absolutely destroyed the credibility of English football
I think that was already gone when a certain Russian oligarch purchased Chelsea. City are just the logical continuation.

redcucumber

Everything they have achieved is completely meaningless. The fact they are now hellbent on thwarting efforts to make football a fairer playing field is the cherry on top. Anti competition, anti football. Impossible to put into words how grotesque they are.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Relegate them to the counties league, have the Etihad knocked down and used for spare parts to build new Trafford.

Give Pep a big slap right upon his shiny dome

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Everything they have achieved is completely meaningless. The fact they are now hellbent on thwarting efforts to make football a fairer playing field is the cherry on top. Anti competition, anti football. Impossible to put into words how grotesque they are.
And their fans just go with it and argue on their behalf. A club without any honour and self respect whatsoever. A hollow and criminal construct for hollow people.

RoyH1

But as long as long as the media doesn't do their job and plaster their wrongdoings left, right and centre it won't really be meaningless for them. Their efforts at sportswashing in the US are bearing fruit.

The Irish Connection

But as long as long as the media doesn't do their job and plaster their wrongdoings left, right and centre it won't really be meaningless for them. Their efforts at sportswashing in the US are bearing fruit.
Yes, the media have been crap, but you’d have to assume that A: they don’t want to lose out on their free meals at the Etihad, and B: they’re scared of the army of lawyers.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yes, the media have been crap, but you’d have to assume that A: they don’t want to lose out on their free meals at the Etihad, and B: they’re scared of the army of lawyers.
While we’re at it. Have there ever been meaningful stories about City‘s cheating coming from English papers? To me it feels like most of it comes from other countries.

The Irish Connection

While we’re at it. Have there ever been meaningful stories about City‘s cheating coming from English papers? To me it feels like most of it comes from other countries.
Yeah, very strange. Again, I’d say city have been threatening legal action behind the scenes.
The Glazers have done it with our protests.