City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The arrogance in City's statement tells you they have no fear of the Premier League.

Money talks and they have infinite amounts.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You must know you've cheated. You're not daft.

City fans can deny it online or with other clubs fans but between just City fans you must all know how dodgy it is. Claiming you have higher revenue than Real Madrid and Utd and Liverpool and Barcelona etc. It's absurd.
I mean I've said multiple times since the day we cut that backroom deal with Uefa in 2014, something dodgy was going on. If City wanted to fight and end this, they'd have done it then and brought down the entirety of FFP, but they made a deal.

Von Mistelroum

It's lovely to see this finally getting some attention at least. The fact that it's coming to light in the mainstream is a very good thing. I suspect that it'll be a fine and that will be the end of it, but it's still good that they're being shown for what they are. I've never considered them to be champions or even to be Manchester City since the takeover. They're just Sheikh Mansoor FC and the actual shell could be any old club.

The 100 breaches has to be the tip of the iceberg. I reckon they'll have extra wages for every player in their first team squad and most of the backroom staff at least. This isn't seems to go up to 2018 too, which means they haven't even counted their latest breaches.

The fine will do nothing but the publicity will be interesting!

darko

It didn't take long for Abromovitch to be forced to sell Chelsea. Perhaps City's ownership should be forced to sell.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

They maybe will get some heavy fines which are
ultimately meaningless and nothing more.

Still it’s very funny and fully deserved.

Woodzy

The statement basically says they are surprised have so much evidence on something they haven’t done… do they not really how stupid that makes them come across?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
No more clued up than everyone else who has read the report and what’s been released I guess.

Have you had a look?
I don’t think there’s enough information out there to make any kind of prediction. I’d imagine both City and the PL have their own legal advice which, beyond the short statements, they are both keeping under wraps.

I certainly wouldn’t read much into the fact that the charges number 100+. They may all rely on the same underpinning regulation. I think it’s quite rare in financial crime that you’d have 100 separate regs being broken, more likely the same one being repeatedly broken. But we literally know nothing right now.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Agreed. And as another poster said, it must suck to be you right now. So fair play to you here.

But we all know what should happen. My question was do you really think there will be significant punishment ?

I’m not so sure.
Theres a couple of reasons I think there will be if and its a big if the PL can make this stick.
No.1 - they don't want an independant regulator, so they have to be seen as being strong on this.
No.2 - 100 charges is a lot, if City are guilty and get a slap on the wrist, that allows any club to just trample over the financial rules in any way they see fit. (Not just City, and Newcastle, but United, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc...)

That said I don't think it will go as far as relegation being honest. I can see a big point deduction at the start of a season, as I said above, enough to make sure we don't make the CL but also small enough that we don't get relegated (so like 30-35 poiints) a big fine and a transfer ban.

Mike Smalling

The arrogance in City's statement tells you they have no fear of the Premier League.

Money talks and they have infinite amounts.
Absolutely. The "irrefutable evidence" and "this matter being put to rest once and for all" bits are frankly disgusting.

mshnsh

I hope they get the most severe punishment possible and Abu Dhabi are forced to sell the club to owners who are not as wealthy. City will than return to being the noisy neighbours no one gives a f### about.

BerryBerryShrew

In a perfect world, Citeh would have played and beaten Arse twice in the PL and then this gets announced and a massive points deduction for them. We'd be favourites for the title then.

EtH

Imagine if Agueroo means fek all in the end.
It’s a bit weird. On one hand I would love the titles of course but on the other they would seem completely innocuous aside from that one.

Never mind the fact that no marks like Paul Pogba and Steven Gerrard would suddenly have multiple PL medals, the latter obviously being a bit difficult to stomach. Also Ole and Jose who were both shite in their United managerial stints. I also just thought about Lukaku.

This is getting really gross, actually.

padr81

Supports
Man City
In a perfect world, Citeh would have played and beaten Arse twice in the PL and then this gets announced and a massive points deduction for them. We'd be favourites for the title then.
Nothing can happen this season anyway. Next season is very likely when whatever punishment will come in.

cyberman

It’s a weird one. On one hand I’d love the titles of course but on the other they would seem completely innocuous aside from that one. Never mind the fact that no marks like Paul Pogba and Steven Gerrard would suddenly have multiple PL medals, the latter of which would obviously be difficult to stomach. Also Ole and Jose who were both shite in their United managerial stints. I also just thought about Lukaku. This is getting really gross, actually.
Ole was only shit because City cheated. He could have been the only man to win the league as a player and a manager.
He would have been a legend with a league title and the many deep cup runs we had. it’s basically Klopps domestic career if he won an FA cup in that time

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t think there’s enough information out there to make any kind of prediction. I’d imagine both City and the PL have their own legal advice which, beyond the short statements, they are both keeping under wraps.

I certainly wouldn’t read much into the fact that the charges number 100+. They may all rely on the same underpinning regulation. I think it’s quite rare in financial crime that you’d have 100 separate regs being broken, more likely the same one being repeatedly broken. But we literally know nothing right now.
I think we know enough to know this isn’t slap on the wrist territory

Gordon Godot

Ole was only shit because City cheated. He could have been the only man to win the league as a player and a manager.
He would have been a legend with a league title and the many deep cup runs we had. it’s basically Klopps domestic career if he won an FA cup in that time
Come off it, Ole was a very limited manager, we only need to see what impact ETH has both on the team looking like a modern football team and the progress of various individuals.