City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

cyberman

Yes, so there are likely more charges to come.

Also 2009-2018 are key foundational years, nearly a decade. are you trying to argue that cheating for 9 years is OK if that builds you a team to win for 5-10 years after you stop cheating? Weird argument if so.
Yep, it’s only up until 2018 because City won’t release any more details

caid

Yes, so there are likely more charges to come.

Also 2009-2018 are key foundational years, nearly a decade. are you trying to argue that cheating for 9 years is OK if that builds you a team to win for 5-10 years after you stop cheating? Weird argument if so.
Theres charges for 2019 to present too for not cooperating and not giving an accurate picture of their finances. It doesn't even work on that level

Hughie77

I’m convinced that City have taken out a super injunction to block any mainstream media.
Otherwise, why is it all so quiet?
I fear that it’s going to drag on for years.
May be there was a little bit more today on Radio so maybe it could gather some pace, guy was talking about how The likes of Birmingham , Juventus etc were docked points, and a fine is pointless as it's probably In there business model to break the rules and pay a fine.

whitbyviking

People believing that Haaland only cost City 60m is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. It's also probably closer to half a billion rather than 300m.
Interesting point, I live in Norway and the information relating to how much someone earns is very public. I’m not sure how easy it is to hide either if he ever plans on living in Norway as they are extremely strict on foreign earnings with prison as a punishment for wrongly reporting. Carew nearly went to prison over lying about his earnings while playing overseas.

whitbyviking

On what city have spent, or not as they claim. Do people not see the massive red flag here? They’ve had some of the world’s best players for small fees and apparently on peanuts in comparison to other players of the same level. They might be an attractive club now, but that is relatively recent. I think it’s glaringly obvious there have been shenanigans to get players to sign for them during the earlier years.

Fluctuation0161

Interesting point, I live in Norway and the information relating to how much someone earns is very public. I’m not sure how easy it is to hide either if he ever plans on living in Norway as they are extremely strict on foreign earnings with prison as a punishment for wrongly reporting. Carew nearly went to prison over lying about his earnings while playing overseas.
They can be creative.

Like with Peps brother.

Why Girona? Manchester City’s deal with Pep Guardiola’s brother raises questions
Of all the football deals in all the world, what attracted Manchester City’s Abu Dhabi owner and executives to go into business with their manager Pep Guardiola’s brother and agent?
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions

Or Mancini.

Manchester City paid Roberto Mancini extra via Abu Dhabi club, claims leak
• Mancini alleged to have had two contracts while City manager
• Second said to have been with another Sheikh Mansour club
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bu-dhabi-money-second-contract-sheikh-mansour

Acole9

Outstanding
All I am interested in is when are they stripping city of their wrongly won titles!
You're going to be waiting a long time for that because it's not going to happen. At worst they'll get a hefty fine or suspended points deduction.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Listened to TalkSPORT this morning and Simon Jordan said ‘any success is tainted until City expose the evidence they have that proves them innocent’ Jim White asked Martin Keown what he thought about it and he went in to some weird discussion about Pep and succession planning and didn’t mention the charges and wasn’t pulled up on it. Almost like they were told to move on.

Redlyn

Listened to TalkSPORT this morning and Simon Jordan said ‘any success is tainted until City expose the evidence they have that proves them innocent’ Jim White asked Martin Keown what he thought about it and he went in to some weird discussion about Pep and succession planning and didn’t mention the charges and wasn’t pulled up on it. Almost like they were told to move on.
Is it even possible to prove oneself innocent in this situation. Its a case of how long is a piece of string. They could lay down everything and the response will be that it's probably some undeclared under the table payments. Much easier for the accuser to put out whatever incirimintating evidence they have.

Real Name

Breaking what laws and what kind of fraud are they being investigated for? FFP yes, that ain't the law. In which country are they under investigation? And which player/staff is under investigation?

None. It's all FFP breaches.. and that doesn't really matter as CAS is not sure FFP is even legal
I'm not sure you know enough about the subject, especially the CAS part. What does CAS not being sure FFS is legal has to do with it. Do you know what CAS is?
FFP it is a law by which clubs must abide. By your logic United could just vote against it and shouldn't abide by it. They're under charges by the FA, you know, English football federation they're a member of and in whose competitions they're participating in.

All in all strange kind of posts by an United fan.

Last edited:

Edwards6

They are not under investigation for that. And I'm pretty sure it's been looked into. Tax fraud is high on the agenda from the authorities. And no, they don't have to follow FFP, who is going to punish them? FA? FIFA?

Above them, CAS, has said they are not sure the FFP system is legal.
Yes they do have to follow FFP because its one of the rules of the league they're signed up for, why do you think they've got 115 charges?

sirAlexsglasses

I am sure they will wrangle out of it somehow with a slap the wrist, I am certain though that had this been united then we would have the proverbial book thrown at us. As did Juve……as did Rangers. City are a club that can walk through the rain and dodge the raindrops, the Premier league brand is massive with far reaching sponsors, and City have deep pockets . They should however face the strongest consequences possible as no one should be above the law.

Hughie77

This will all come out before start of next season and I can see it before the CL final imo. A lot of the Charges are City have not Adhered to the evidence asked of them to the FA? So basically there telling the FA we don't have to show you anything?.. wow so let's see .. imo something has to give and if City get away with it Again then look out up North . And here if Qatar buys Utd..

ExecutionerWasp001

I’m convinced that City have taken out a super injunction to block any mainstream media.
Otherwise, why is it all so quiet?
They have already been before a judge to try to stop any reporting on the issue. The judge denied their request. It's was only The Mail that went big on the story when the judge gave the media the go ahead to start reporting.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
They don't really need a super injunction considering they have many "journalists" in their pocket already. In fairness, there are some that are consistently reporting on it, it was mentioned as a talking point in the BBC Daily football podcast following their crowning as champions, I don't remember if it was Mark Chapman or someone else, but it was mentioned as being an asterisk to their success for the time being (in parallel to a lot of gushing). And I think it's Martyn Ziegler from The Times who has been quite consistent on reporting it.

Not quite the media coverage you'd expect considering the immensity of it, but the sportswashing has functioned to a wide extent.

Hughes35

If City don' t get hit with at least a hefty points deduction, I look forward to the news story in 10 years time about how much money leading members of Fifa were bribed to sweep it under the rug.

miked99

They don't really need a super injunction considering they have many "journalists" in their pocket already. In fairness, there are some that are consistently reporting on it, it was mentioned as a talking point in the BBC Daily football podcast following their crowning as champions, I don't remember if it was Mark Chapman or someone else, but it was mentioned as being an asterisk to their success for the time being (in parallel to a lot of gushing). And I think it's Martyn Ziegler from The Times who has been quite consistent on reporting it.

Not quite the media coverage you'd expect considering the immensity of it, but the sportswashing has functioned to a wide extent.
They really have. I remember a couple of years ago reading one journalist mentioning in an article about how well they were treated at city and how wonderful the hospitality was (the point being United was pretty poor by comparison). That's all it takes to win their favour, apparently. Pigs with their snouts in the trough.

Edwards6

Find it funny how City fans just gloss over the cheating and act like they're the victims, just heard Noel Gallagher on talksport comparing the secret salary Mancini was getting to like the owner giving him a bag of sweets or something as a gift and it's clever business

Strootman's Finger

Find it funny how City fans just gloss over the cheating and act like they're the victims, just heard Noel Gallagher on talksport comparing the secret salary Mancini was getting to like the owner giving him a bag of sweets or something as a gift and it's clever business
So they have moved from denying to justifying. It's not a good sign for them.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Gallagher’s a complete knobhead when it comes to footy and particularly City.

A talented artist, but he’s been surrounded by yes men for 30 years and treated like ‘one of the boys’ by City, so he thinks he’s fecking up there with ex players when it comes to footy knowledge… and he really isn’t.

His bitterness and rabid ABU take is very, very strong.

glasgow 21

If City don' t get hit with at least a hefty points deduction, I look forward to the news story in 10 years time about how much money leading members of Fifa were bribed to sweep it under the rug.
Unfortunately irrespective of City or not, the Headline " How much money leading members of Fifa were bribed" will never ever surface. The fact they are in Switzerland is no coincidence, the land of hidden money and none disclosure. Nazi money anyone ? 80 years later.

These organisations operate on mutual self destruction mode. You don't get to dine at the table unless you have skeletons .

To even progress up the ladder you have already exposed yourself , you are trusted never to expose others who conduct business a certain way.
It the a well trodden path where " Here , take this freebie" newbie replies " No" resulting in " Houston we have a problem " and thus career is halted.

I would like it to be different but to think anything different is just naive.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've just read the Der Spiegel four-part expose from 2018. Jesus christ how do they expect to get away with any of this? :lol:

It's as clear as it possibly can be.

Hughes35

Unfortunately irrespective of City or not, the Headline " How much money leading members of Fifa were bribed" will never ever surface. The fact they are in Switzerland is no coincidence, the land of hidden money and none disclosure. Nazi money anyone ? 80 years later.

These organisations operate on mutual self destruction mode. You don't get to dine at the table unless you have skeletons .

To even progress up the ladder you have already exposed yourself , you are trusted never to expose others who conduct business a certain way.
It the a well trodden path where " Here , take this freebie" newbie replies " No" resulting in " Houston we have a problem " and thus career is halted.

I would like it to be different but to think anything different is just naive.
I think the story will probably surface. Just after the offending people have retired /died and nothing will ever come of it.

iHicksy

To all you quite frankly, idiots defending city.

Would you do the same if a player was caught abusing drugs to enhance his performance? It's the same thing on a club level. It's cheating. It's financial DOPING. This is what it is called.

Lance armstrong was caught cheating because he broke the rules - he used things to give him an edge he wouldn;t have had otherwise. Hence he was banned and his medals stripped, because he got them by cheating. City have done the exact same thing. Yet because it's not steroids, it's money you think it's OK?

They doped financially, they artificially increased the amount of money they make through fake sponsorship deals and companies and planned it all out and hid it so that they could spend untold billions. Billions that they hadn't earned through the allowed procedures. The same procedures, that every other single club has to follow and be hamstrung by in the league....except one club. Manchester City. They then use this money to buy whoever they please, and hide other payments for god knows what and who. This isn't conjecture it is fact and is all there in black and white for everyone to read. It is financial DOPING.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Would you do the same if a player was caught abusing drugs to enhance his performance? It's the same thing on a club level. It's cheating. It's financial DOPING. This is what it is called.

Lance armstrong was caught cheating because he broke the rules - he used things to give him an edge he wouldn;t have had otherwise. Hence he was banned and his medals stripped, because he got them by cheating. City have done the exact same thing. Yet because it's not steroids, it's money you think it's OK?

They doped financially, they artificially increased the amount of money they make through fake sponsorship deals and companies and planned it all out and hid it so that they could spend untold billions. Billions that they hadn't earned through the allowed procedures. The same procedures, that every other single club has to follow and be hamstrung by in the league....except one club. Manchester City. They then use this money to buy whoever they please, and hide other payments for god knows what and who. This isn't conjecture it is fact and is all there in black and white for everyone to read. It is financial DOPING.
fecking well said. Double thumbs up from me.

ColvaleGoa

Yes sir . Well said.

It's called doping for.a reason.

It will be interesting to see how much they dope the FA and whoever is in charge of the investigation etc.

glasgow 21

I think the story will probably surface. Just after the offending people have retired /died and nothing will ever come of it.
It institutionalised , Blatter and Platini even when they are caught, nothing happens. They could have and should have, in normal circumstances, thrown these pair to the wolves as " look we take action" but again its mutual destruction mode. Infantino is a Blatter anointed successor then the removal of Eckert and Borbely who had 100's of pending cases neutralised the momentum. So you move down the ladder and not hard to expect any drive against City will be neutralised by the power of the State. Its as simple as throwing money at the problem until it goes away. They will bog it down in challenges until what ever hair i have left will be well gone by then. 18 months to penalise Toney on a slam dunk, sit back and just think about that for a moment. They are going up against a state backed, numerous title winning and most probably champions league winning Team here.

Fletchageddon

HA! just you wait to the sporting side comes out. Any form of injection is illegal under WADA rules. Think how many times you hear people openly discussing pain killing injections in football. They are illegal and yet...

Everywhere Pep goes he leaves a trail. He lost his best doctor at Bayern to Klopp. Suddenly Liverpool start winning and with a ridiculous never tiring press.... All these clubs are dodgy. Any form of injection is illegal. Think of the Milanello - lab, all these greats in their late thirties sprinting about. Football is rotten. The best players HAVE to play all the games and how do they do that? Not with bread and water.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I've just read the Der Spiegel four-part expose from 2018. Jesus christ how do they expect to get away with any of this? :lol:

It's as clear as it possibly can be.
Would you believe it if it had been published in a British newspaper?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

You have all this proof?

Give it to the authorities because that's what they're trying to find

Lance Armstrong was caught and it was proved to have been cheating, City have been "caught" but as of yet that has not actually been proved, a bit like Donald Trump, everyone thinks he's guilty but he's not in jail (yet) because no one has proved it

iHicksy

You have all this proof?

Give it to the authorities because that's what they're trying to find

Lance Armstrong was caught and it was proved to have been cheating, City have been "caught" but as of yet that has not actually been proved, a bit like Donald Trump, everyone thinks he's guilty but he's not in jail (yet) because no one has proved it
I'm not sure if you're being obtuse on purpose or you're just clueless.

" This came after an investigation spanning more than three years. What's more, in 2014, the club had accepted that it had broken the financial fair play (FFP) regulations set by UEFA "

"City were first charged by UEFA in March 2019, prompting the Premier League to launch their own investigation"

In their verdict clearing City, CAS ruled that much of the evidence had fallen outside of a five-year time limit. The Premier League have not been bound by the same limit..

You can literally google all of the evidence, such as extra payments - how do you think people know about Mancini? This is LITERALLY EVIDENCE that they cheated. They were banned for 2 years on EVIDENCE and went to the court of arbitration to get the ban overturned. Not because of lack of evidence but on a technicality of time. They have already been found guilty previously.

Do you think that the FA would accuse them of 115 charges without evidence. It would be a pretty short trial wouldn't it? There are 115 charges because they are based on individual breakings of the rules - again which would need evidence to trigger said accusations. I don't know what fairy tale make believe world you live in. This isn't like "oh officer i saw him slap that man - there's no grey here. It's black and white, it's documented. Hence why there are 115 charges.

"City are alleged to have provided the Premier League with inaccurate financial information, while they did not disclose the financial remuneration of their managers over a four-year period. One of the managers in question could have been getting paid much more than the club was letting on.

City also failed to comply with UEFA's FFP regulations for five years and have not co-operated with the Premier League during their lengthy investigation"

You think they pulled this out of their ass, without evidence?

So when you make stupid little comments like "give the proof you have to the authorities because they are trying to find it" No you dimwit - THEY HAVE IT. HENCE THE 115 odd ACCUSATIONS. Jesus wept, sticking up for city makes you look like an absolute fool.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pep is obviously in denial. No matter what he’s a fantastic coach and has done a great job in managing a big squad and getting them playing sensational football. He’s obviously been lied to about the project he became involved with.

It is strange given he probably had never even heard of City in his playing days, so how he could possibly think the shit loads of money they were spunking to get the players he wanted was anything other than dirty oil money, I don’t know.