City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Josep Dowling

Lineker said before the game ‘City still have the financial fair play over them but that doesn’t take away what Pep has done’. Why is this the stance by so many in the media? Of course it does. Without the financial doping he wouldn’t have a 23 man squad where there is no drop in quality. That’s their advantage over every single club in Europe now.

He doesn’t have to give youth players a chance.

He can leave a £45m signing in Phillips on the bench for an entire season, barely given a chance. Phillips was starting for England before he joined City. The only reason they bought him was to meet the English homegrown quota.

He had an injury in defence and in January spent £70m on Laporte. Now Laporte doesn’t play. We had to bring in Weghorst on loan when were in a similar position.

They can sign Haaland for ‘just £60m’. Then it transpires he’s earning £900k a week and the agent fees involved triple the price tag. Is that element on City’s books like every other club would need to do?

Reactions: Fortitude

Josep Dowling

The Premier League is the biggest obstacle in this by far. They are not taking on just a football club, not even a business but a country and a country willing to do what it takes to get it's way.

All we can do is hope the Premier League have learned from UEFAs case, which was successful let's not forget and unlike UEFA, the PL don't have CAS to contend with.

City will employ every tactic in the book, I wouldn't be surprised if they even end up trying to intimidate people if the walls start closing in on them. I've said all along they operate like organised gangs so nothing is beyond them.
An organised gang with unlimited money which can bride British politicians. They’ll simple ‘donate’ to an investment project in Manchester and it will go away. That is the sad state of affairs in this country.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are years away from a resolution. Even at that, the collateral damage from all the punishment people are asking for is so vast the premier league will shy away from it.
The best case scenario is a points deduction and no retrospective punishment.
The media will not want to bang on the doping too much cause there’s a chance City beat the charges.

C'est Moi Cantona

Lineker said before the game ‘City still have the financial fair play over them but that doesn’t take away what Pep has done’. Why is this the stance by so many in the media? Of course it does. Without the financial doping he wouldn’t have a 23 man squad where there is no drop in quality. That’s their advantage over every single club in Europe now.

He doesn’t have to give youth players a chance.

He can leave a £45m signing in Phillips on the bench for an entire season, barely given a chance. Phillips was starting for England before he joined City. The only reason they bought him was to meet the English homegrown quota.

He had an injury in defence and in January spent £70m on Laporte. Now Laporte doesn’t play. We had to bring in Weghorst on loan when were in a similar position.

They can sign Haaland for ‘just £60m’. Then it transpires he’s earning £900k a week and the agent fees involved triple the price tag. Is that element on City’s books like every other club would need to do?
Heard that a few times from pundits representing the BBC, 'it's not the manager though is it', or 'it's not the players though is it', end of conversation.

I mean I'm sure it's just a legal thing, and when they are found guilty they'll be allowed to let rip with how they really feel.

C'est Moi Cantona

We are years away from a resolution. Even at that, the collateral damage from all the punishment people are asking for is so vast the premier league will shy away from it.
The best case scenario is a points deduction and no retrospective punishment.
The media will not want to bang on the doping too much cause there’s a chance City beat the charges.
I think just been found guilty will be enough for many, but you'd expect something pretty severe for them all the same.

By the time it is resolved the Premiership could be a different place, Pep most likely gone, Newcastle on a different level, United hopefully having all the wrongs of the Glazers put right, and City not the dominant force they are now, just thinking it could be a little bit easier to punish them properly if that was case.

GazTheLegend

Lineker said before the game ‘City still have the financial fair play over them but that doesn’t take away what Pep has done’. Why is this the stance by so many in the media?
+ @C'est Moi Cantona

He can't say anything. He took 1.6million from Qatar. Gary Neville took an unspecified but huge amount to do the same. My understanding is Alan Shearer has an "ambassadorial role" (in other words say nice things). They can't say anything negative because every single one of them is -bought and paid for-. It's been at attempt at total regulatory capture by them, and they have the money to do it - they're a government and state that KILLS dissenters, quite literally. Much easier to take their fecking money isn't it. But our country has previous, inviting KGB agents to own London clubs, so I have less than zero faith anything will ever be done, and their tainted treble, as hurtful as it is, will still be written into the books

Too many fecking pigs in the trough in the media.

The Urban Goose

And no doubt in other elements.

Shearer "City have set the standard, what can Utd do to catch up?". Ermm... other than also cheat?

I wonder who else Qatar have paid off... sorry, asked to be ambassadors, and therefore whether there will be any serious form of punishment. I expect not.

SER19

When it comes down to it, the FA and Premier League whoever - will weigh it up and think feck, it ruins the leagues reputation all over the world if we punish them accordingly. A slap on the wrist or a protracted watering down of everything is what will likely happen.

Yesterday was everything in a microcosm - BBC, ITV and so on, so desperate to promote their 'brand' as some great traditional competition and simply refusing to acknowledge it. Then the small details, like imagine Jose wearing a manky hoody and jeans to Wembley. They are in the pockets of City - this is what propaganda is and how it works.

Put simply - if the best team in ANY other sport in the world was under investigation and had 115 charges of cheating against them, there would be NO other story. It would be that big. Same in individual sport. It is just insane. Imagine the Yankees winning the world series while under this level of investigation - do you think US media would be on their knees for them? Imagine the NZ rugby team just being given a clear run at the world cup while they had 115 charges against them that led directly to their capacity to compete at such a level. It's insane, utterly insane.

Eric_the_Red99

When it comes down to it, the FA and Premier League whoever - will weigh it up and think feck, it ruins the leagues reputation all over the world if we punish them accordingly. A slap on the wrist or a protracted watering down of everything is what will likely happen.

Yesterday was everything in a microcosm - BBC, ITV and so on, so desperate to promote their 'brand' as some great traditional competition and simply refusing to acknowledge it. Then the small details, like imagine Jose wearing a manky hoody and jeans to Wembley. They are in the pockets of City - this is what propaganda is and how it works.

Put simply - if the best team in ANY other sport in the world was under investigation and had 115 charges of cheating against them, there would be NO other story. It would be that big. Same in individual sport. It is just insane. Imagine the Yankees winning the world series while under this level of investigation - do you think US media would be on their knees for them? Imagine the NZ rugby team just being given a clear run at the world cup while they had 115 charges against them that led directly to their capacity to compete at such a level. It's insane, utterly insane.
Some people argue that the media are staying quiet on the charges against City because nothing has been proven yet and they don’t want to be sued for libel, etc - that’s rubbish, quite frankly. The media are always free to cover allegations like this (barring specific legal restrictions/court orders) as long as they’re accurate, fair and balanced. So it’s very clearly a deliberate editorial decision to pretend it’s not happening.

But I wonder if they’d be so quiet if we were facing similar charges?

hp88

Juventus, Glasgow Rangers, Bolton, Leeds, Luton and many others. All have been demoted and heavily punished in the past.
What makes City and their fans think they are better and more untouchable than those clubs?!
Because it’s the Premier League who are going after them. The most I’m expecting out of this a suspended sentence or some kind of transfer ban but that’s after they have had time to get any business done this summer.

sugar_kane

Absolutely zero chance of meaningful punishment happening.

The PL socials went hard with the City love in when they won the league this time, when they could have got away with a few cursory congratulations posts which could have been overlooked when punishment eventually landed. Instead they’ve doubled down heavily on pushing City as one of the greatest teams that ever were.

It may “only” be social media but it is the most direct way for brands to showcase themselves to the world, and they have showcased they are all aboard the City train.

The media’s conduct also says to me that they too know nothing meaningful is going to happen or they wouldn’t go so effusive in their praise constantly while skirting the issue.

OneUnited24

Because it’s the Premier League who are going after them. The most I’m expecting out of this a suspended sentence or some kind of transfer ban but that’s after they have had time to get any business done this summer.
My feel is this case will not be concluding anytime soon. It took the league 4 years to put this case together. You can bet it will be years before it concludes. At which point fee will care of the outcome.

The PL are not going to go hard against City (ie harsh punishments) because that will look worse on the league. “We have the best league in the world… but we failed to realise a a club was financially doping”. It just makes them look incompetent. I think if they do a light punishment the narrative will be that the integrity of the league was kept … even if the opposite has occurred. I actually believe the only reason they brought up the charges was to prove they can self regulate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Love the sentiment but they are being investigated for 2012 - 2021 only. I don't think they are cooking the books anymore as they probably no longer need to. It was those early years when they had to play catch up. That's 6 league titles though that shouldn't count if they are guilty.
Cooking the books all those years had led to a squad where they’ve got 5 players on the bench this season that would walk in to most Prem teams. The cheating has meant all injuries are covered, loads of options every game, and can make subs in most positions without any detriment to the team. It doesn’t just affect the seasons they did it and with what they’ve done they’ll benefit from it in the future too with the players they can attract.

Sure they’re managed well and have bought well but that’s all acquired through doping.

People can do all the mental gymnastics they want but the reality is they do not get pep without financial doping and we all know he is making more out of it than his official contract salary and without him they would not achieved a quarter of what they have under him
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t more going on with actual transfer fees and player wages as well.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
+ @C'est Moi Cantona

He can't say anything. He took 1.6million from Qatar. Gary Neville took an unspecified but huge amount to do the same. My understanding is Alan Shearer has an "ambassadorial role" (in other words say nice things). They can't say anything negative because every single one of them is -bought and paid for-. It's been at attempt at total regulatory capture by them, and they have the money to do it - they're a government and state that KILLS dissenters, quite literally. Much easier to take their fecking money isn't it. But our country has previous, inviting KGB agents to own London clubs, so I have less than zero faith anything will ever be done, and their tainted treble, as hurtful as it is, will still be written into the books

Ambassadorial role for who?

Got to be careful when writing stuff like that, could potentially be libellous?

Eric_the_Red99

At this point it’s almost worth hoping for the Qataris to take over United, knowing that will prompt the ABUs in the media to suddenly change their opinions about state ownership. Maybe they’ll see belated punishment for City as acceptable collateral damage as they go after the real target - us.

GazTheLegend

Ambassadorial role for who?

Got to be careful when writing stuff like that, could potentially be libellous?
Newcastle United. It's not exactly libellous is it, it's in the press and if it wasn't true then they'd be the ones to go after. And any trial they brought against these sorts of 'allegations' would involve discovery - they'd have to provide the proof that these people aren't being paid, or how much they're 'not' being paid. Which is nonsense of course: they are. It doesn't mean they are necessarily being paid to be positive about Manchester City, but it's pretty clearly going to be difficult for them to criticise them, seeing how financially they have benefited personally, and a the very least in Shearer's case he'd want his club to do well and won't say anything against them now will he.

I understand how to be on the safe side they would be careful, I wouldn't want anyone coming to cut me up and dismember me before sending my body down in pieces to a waiting car if I was them either. Absolute parodies of human beings.

GazTheLegend

I wonder who else Qatar have paid off... sorry, asked to be ambassadors, and therefore whether there will be any serious form of punishment. I expect not.
To be fair it's the Saudi's that wanted Shearer in the ambassadorial role but he can hardly be counted as a neutral now.

SER19

Some people argue that the media are staying quiet on the charges against City because nothing has been proven yet and they don’t want to be sued for libel, etc - that’s rubbish, quite frankly. The media are always free to cover allegations like this (barring specific legal restrictions/court orders) as long as they’re accurate, fair and balanced. So it’s very clearly a deliberate editorial decision to pretend it’s not happening.

But I wonder if they’d be so quiet if we were facing similar charges?
100% not.

They're allowed to freely discuss what's already public knowledge and just refuse to. They were deifying Guardiola as soon as he came here, who remembers the absurd near parody levels of influence he was credited with down as far as non league any time a decent team goal was scored. Today you have Shearer declaring that we were 'passed to death' in a game where possession ended 60:40. It's absurd. Mansour and Abu Dhabi are managing and appeasing men like Assad - they know how to keep Alan Shearer and Micah Richards singing from their hymn sheet.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
I do believe they will get found guilty and punished. A lot of what they claim is too extreme to make sense. Generating more money than Real Madrid and yourselves despite an inherently smaller fan base. Although for me, what was most nauseating was the covid year where Man City reported a profit and increased revenues. I always found this unintentionally hilarious given like all other clubs, they lost matchday revenue for an entire season. Every other club in the world reported losses and less revenues but Man City recorded a profit and increased revenue - this is utterly outrageous and even comical.

People go on about the 'Man City lawyers' but does the PL have morons working for them? For example prosecutors of the state earn inherently less than corporate lawyers, but they are certainly just as capable. I think it goes without saying there is clear wrongoding, and even active cheating regarding their accounts, the PL having initiated these charges would not have done so without strong evidence. The PL also needs to flex its muscle to fight of the ESL, if it shows weakness then its vulnerable to cracking. Man City will get pinged, its just a matter of what punishment they receive.

Manchester City buck Covid-19 impact as club returns to profit (thenationalnews.com)
They’re just shrewd businessmen who now how to run a club properly!!

Lee565

Everyone knows they had to financially dope their way to laying down the foundations to have interested pep. Do you really think the people behind the scenes at barca really wanted to swap sunny barca and a club at the peak of it's powers for Manchester purely because of an exciting "project".... let's not forget how they were dismantling a good title challenging arsenal side at the beginning as well that arsenal didn't really recover from until this season and all of that was done off the back of financial doping

Moriarty

Juventus, Glasgow Rangers, Bolton, Leeds, Luton and many others. All have been demoted and heavily punished in the past.
What makes City and their fans think they are better and more untouchable than those clubs?!
They have infinitely more money that all the aforementioned clubs put together. Moreover, they are state owned and that state has a lot of clout. Still, if the FA and UEFA have the collective will to press on with this, City won't be able to buy their way out of it.

ExecutionerWasp001

These clubs didn't have the financial clout to bankrupt the FA. It showed an incredible lack of foresight from the FA to allow a state to buy a football club. Even more so a state with highly questionable moral & business ethics. It was plain to see their intentions from day 1 with the signing of Robinho. If they had any intention of trying to stop City they wouldn't have gone on to invite the Saudi's to the party.

The big clubs shouldn't be hoping for the FA to save them. The big clubs hold all the cards here. The PL didn't miss a beat when the likes of City & Newcastle were yo-yoing through the leagues. The big clubs should be working together to get these owners out. They should be making it clear they refuse to play in a corrupt system. Fan demonstrations should be organized & games should be boycotted. There would be short term financial implications but it would create a much better long term outcome. Abu Dhabi & the Saudi's would be out within a year once it became clear that they weren't wanted.

Moriarty

An organised gang with unlimited money which can bride British politicians. They’ll simple ‘donate’ to an investment project in Manchester and it will go away. That is the sad state of affairs in this country.
Bit of a Freudian slip there mate but both entities are married to mammon so it's apt.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
These clubs didn't have the financial clout to bankrupt the FA. It showed an incredible lack of foresight from the FA to allow a state to buy a football club. Even more so a state with highly questionable moral & business ethics. It was plain to see their intentions from day 1 with the signing of Robinho. If they had any intention of trying to stop City they wouldn't have gone on to invite the Saudi's to the party.

The big clubs shouldn't be hoping for the FA to save them. The big clubs hold all the cards here. The PL didn't miss a beat when the likes of City & Newcastle were yo-yoing through the leagues. The big clubs should be working together to get these owners out. They should be making it clear they refuse to play in a corrupt system. Fan demonstrations should be organized & games should be boycotted. There would be short term financial implications but it would create a much better long term outcome. Abu Dhabi & the Saudi's would be out within a year once it became clear that they weren't wanted.
Can't wait for the big clubs to band together and save football. Such a feel good story it would be.

Guy Incognito

I won’t fuss too much about todays defeat. I’ll laugh and laugh when the PL drops the hammer on them. Wonder if they’ll think it’s all worth it then?
There is more chance of Franny Lee growing his hair naturally than the PL making an example of City.

This is what the PL, Sky, etc all wanted - so why would they complain?

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Do you think Qatar and S. Arabia will just keep quiet if City were not relegated and they were expected to play by the rules? They are even more dirty than the City owners.
These charges were finally brought forward because the other clubs simply had enough.

Be patient and watch the fun.

Nogbadthebad

There is more chance of Franny Lee growing his hair naturally than the PL making an example of City.

This is what the PL, Sky, etc all wanted - so why would they complain?
If it comes out in court how corrupt their finances are, to maintain any sort of value in the premier league brand, city will be fecked. They have to be. The alternative is the premier league itself being seen as corrupt across the world. Even city's owners don't have enough money to compensate for that loss of revenue.

GazTheLegend

If it comes out in court how corrupt their finances are, to maomntain any sort of value in the premier league brand, city will be fecked. They have to be. The alternative is the premier league itself being seen as corrupt across the world. Even city's owners don;t have enough money to compensate for that loss of revenue.
The statement the premier league made on the governments "white paper" said it all, quite frankly https://www.premierleague.com/news/3078480

Comments like "It is vital that regulation does not damage the game fans love to watch in the deepest professional pyramid in the world, or its ability to attract investment and grow interest in our game" suggest that they simply don't give a shit, the second part of that statement is absolutely telling. They're terrified that if they DO go after City, the gravy train ends for the Premier League. So what can anyone even do, the Premier League WANTS an insane amount of money pumped in - as far as they are concerned, it's to their "benefit". So they will do absolutely nothing to stop it: a completely uncompetitive league means nothing if people still watch it worldwide - in part because there is that element of eliteness, they can pick and choose the best players on earth to make up their 25 man squads, and maybe even stockpile some more for good measure. They don't care that it ends up being a defacto race between which oil state pumps the most money in, as long as they keep doing it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The statement the premier league made on the governments "white paper" said it all, quite frankly https://www.premierleague.com/news/3078480

Comments like "It is vital that regulation does not damage the game fans love to watch in the deepest professional pyramid in the world, or its ability to attract investment and grow interest in our game" suggest that they simply don't give a shit, the second part of that statement is absolutely telling. They're terrified that if they DO go after City, the gravy train ends for the Premier League. So what can anyone even do, the Premier League WANTS an insane amount of money pumped in - as far as they are concerned, it's to their "benefit". So they will do absolutely nothing to stop it: a completely uncompetitive league means nothing if people still watch it worldwide - in part because there is that element of eliteness, they can pick and choose the best players on earth to make up their 25 man squads, and maybe even stockpile some more for good measure. They don't care that it ends up being a defacto race between which oil state pumps the most money in, as long as they keep doing it.
Absolutely. That statement is exactly what I expect from them. They probably feel they’ve done their part with the charges. Enough to be seen as being serious.

ExecutionerWasp001

Can't wait for the big clubs to band together and save football. Such a feel good story it would be.
The big clubs have already saved the day in part. Clubs like Crystal Palace wouldn't have in their wildest dreams thought that the PL would have started bringing in over £100 Mill of TV money to them. This is only due to them competing in a league featuring Utd, Liverpool & the other big clubs.

The small clubs have become very wealthy off the backs of the big clubs. It's only right to now start to ask them to earn their corn & support the big clubs. The trouble is many of these small clubs hate the big clubs. In their eyes City are a small club done good.

Lentwood

I think there is another factor to be considered when considering the likelihood of a decent punishment being handed out and that is the spectre of the European Super League.

What most people missed at the time was that the ESL wasn't just a cash-grab by the top clubs, it was also a reaction from the 'establishment' (Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Real, United, Liverpool etc...) to the oil/state owned clubs.

Remember how City and PSG were so reluctant to sign up? They basically got put in a position whereby signing-up would mean accepting really tight FFP rules OR sitting out and no longer competing at the top level of European football.

We're going to get to the point whereby if City (and PSG) are allowed to get away with cheating, then the historical 'big clubs' will simply take their ball away - and the Premier League will fear this.

On another note, I was also disgusted that the cheating isn't/wasn't highlighted more. There seems to be this narrative that we shouldn't let off the pitch matters detract from their on-pitch success, or even worse, that 'all teams spend money'....but both completely miss the point.

First of all, the very simple and straightforward response is that cheating is cheating, and they have broken over 100 rules. If a cyclist cheats, they lose their medals and are treated as outcasts. If a runner cheats, they lose their medals and are treated as outcasts. City cheat and the response seems to be 'yeah they cheated but don't they knock it around nicely?'.

Secondly, and the more complex argument, is that people and pundits have short memories and they forget the sheer volume of players City have churned through to get to this mega squad of 23 clones, whereby they all fit perfectly into the system and there's no drop-off in quality when players are rotated.

To get to Haaland, for example, they went through Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Bojinov, Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero...and likely more I have forgotten.

You can apply that to every single position on the pitch. Don't let anybody con you into this narrative that they have bought well or been well-managed, they threw £3BN at the wall, some of it stuck and now they have the ultimate luxury of being able to plan 2/3 seasons at a time.

Therein lies the real advantage they have. Every other club, no matter how rich, has a budget. United are rich, but we have a budget. If we sign Maguire for £80m and it doesn't work, we can't just bin him and write off the loss, we have to try and make it work. Same with Fred. Same with Martial. Same with Sanch etc...plus each time we address a position there's an opportunity cost i.e if we sign a CB for £80m, that means we can't also sign a CF for £80m.

City have/had no such constraints. Don't like England's #1? Replace him with Barcelona's goalkeeper. Dont like him? Replace him with a £65m upgrade a season later. In the market for a fullback? Buy three, just incase one or two dont work out.

Simply put, they went on a spending spree the like of which has never been seen in world football and with that bought something more valuable than any one player or manager...the luxury of being able to plan two or three years ahead.

Pundits are dim and easily fooled. They will point to net spend/total spend and fail to see the nuanced difference between spending £1BN over a decade or spending £650m in two seasons and then adding a player or two a season thereafter.

I will always maintain that being able to spend big money is an advantage...but being able to spend 4x or 5x the average several windows running is the REAL golden ticket to almost guaranteed success. See also, Chelsea post-Roman.

Last edited:
Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Pintu

The big clubs have already saved the day in part. Clubs like Crystal Palace wouldn't have in their wildest dreams thought that the PL would have started bringing in over £100 Mill of TV money to them. This is only due to them competing in a league featuring Utd, Liverpool & the other big clubs.
This is only part of it… The other part is playing in the league featuring City and N’Castle and supported by hundreds of millions of investments from Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Murdoch etc… The PL is no longer about Pool and United, it has become a very big brand on its own. Pretty soon clubs like West Ham and Tottenham will have as much if not more value than the biggest European clubs outside England.

The PL can afford City cheating its way to titles, but it’s doubtful how punishing City accordingly and admitting that the last few seasons (in which the cheating team won 5 of 6) were basically a joke. Admitting this would impact the brand negatively worldwide…. It’s much more reasonable (business wise) to have this thing dealt with more carefully. I don’t think the owners of the big clubs want City stripped of their recent titles. It’s too dangerous for the brand.

Irrational.

The City owners were very clever with their investment - putting in all the foundation and groundwork emulating the Barca model. They are now a world class institution on and off the pitch, and punishing them will be very difficult for any footballing entity. Just like nothing will happen to Barca for being in trouble financially or for bribing refs.

caid

Im just done with football until City and Barcelona have been dealt with. I cant take a competition containing them seriously and i have no interest in a sport that tolerates them.

ScholesyTheWise

The City owners were very clever with their investment - putting in all the foundation and groundwork emulating the Barca model. They are now a world class institution on and off the pitch, and punishing them will be very difficult for any footballing entity. Just like nothing will happen to Barca for being in trouble financially or for bribing refs.
Well, back in the day Juve were heavily penalized even with their stature in the Italian game, so one could hope.

But I'm too pretty certain that nothing significant will come out of this...
This has CAS outcome written all over it.

I wonder whether the Spanish media stay so quiet about the Barcelona charges.

Superunknown

I've stopped kidding myself that this will lead to anything. They may end up getting a fine or something shit like that, but that's as far as it goes. This will gradually stop getting talked about. Barely hear it mentioned at all now, tbh.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's not forget PSG either. They are said to have manipulated their sponsorship deals even more than City have.

How else could they afford Neymar Mbappe and Messi in one team? They make over £2m a week at PSG collectively. There's no way they have that money in their revenue streams without it being topped up significantly.

Fergies Gum

Well, back in the day Juve were heavily penalized even with their stature in the Italian game, so one could hope.

But I'm too pretty certain that nothing significant will come out of this...
This has CAS outcome written all over it.

I wonder whether the Spanish media stay so quiet about the Barcelona charges.
I have read that CAS do not have the power to intervene in this case.