City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

NLunited

There is no way Everton gets punished this harsly and City gets away with a few fines. Is there?

If they do I’m done with watching PL.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
In the times of the Wrexham documentary, they’d probably get relegated to League 2, make a mental fairytale documentary. Nobody has ever won all four titles on the spin and they’d absolutely piss it.

Victory would be spun from the situation.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In the times of the Wrexham documentary, they’d probably get relegated to League 2, make a mental fairytale documentary. Nobody has ever won all four titles on the spin and they’d absolutely piss it.

It's an earner in itself. No doubt about it. Redemption arc ahoy and a PR exercise showing penance. Might even win them neutrals along the way.

They'd also boost viewing figures and TV deals for those leagues to unprecedented levels.

Who would be better off in terms of trophies and money without City? Maybe United, Arsenal and Liverpool? All three owned by private individuals who's primary concern is making money. And would it even benefit them that much? Man Utd haven't "competed" in the league for 10 years and they're still making plenty of money...well the owners are. Everyone else will get their TV money either way and their concern is more about maintaining the status quo and/or surviving in the PL, to which City are an insignificant factor. There is a bigger risk in rocking the boat and trying to force hand the bigger teams into playing by rules they don't want to, than there is in accepting that sometimes Man City, Chelsea, etc. might cheat financially, which to someone like Aston Villa isn't really any different to Man Utd being able to legitimately spend £90m on a substitute right winger who they then banish from their own squad.
Our commercial revenues are beginning to suffer now, we're at a turning point where we need to start winning. Arsenal have long since slipped down the financial pecking order and Liverpool were nowhere until Klopp reinvigorated them. Success brings the money in and City are stealing that from everybody else.

For everybody else City have multiplied the risk factor. The 10m player you took a punt on is now a 50m player, and the debt you take on to fund that spirals in accordance. It makes the whole operation riskier for all clubs involved.

The Super League was created in response to that. You can play in our league but you will play by our rules.

Nogbadthebad

People got on the wrexham band wagon because ryan reynolds is a likeable bloke.

No one gives a feck about city. They won the treble last year and we still got more publicity for one player falling out with his manager.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
There is no way Everton gets punished this harsly and City gets away with a few fines. Is there?

The Everton charge is the first because I understand that theirs was the most straightforward contravention.
Chelsea and Manchester City should be heard soon.
As you say, the Everton 10 points charge relates to about £20m.
So let's see what happens.

Rojofiam

If you guys want a laugh then pop over and have a look at the thread Bluemoon have in this.

Jesus Christ, I’ve never seen such nonsense in my life. Apparently they are completely innocent and all of this is being stirred up by United and Liverpool because they run the PL…
I checked that thread, out of curiosity yesterday. Immediately closed it when one poster confidently stated that they aren't state owned, while talking about how they can sponsor themselves with Etihad, etc.

Last edited:

Partridge

City fans are far more stupid than i thought, and i already had them down as thick as shit. I'm with a few posters who have stated that if man city get away with their cheating, i am done with football. period. I'll watch aew full time.

manutddjw

I kind of want the punishment to happen next season. If they get a points deduction now, Arsenal or Liverpool will win the title and that’s far worse than the plastic cheats

lysglimt

Scout
I kind of want the punishment to happen next season. If they get a points deduction now, Arsenal or Liverpool will win the title and that’s far worse than the plastic cheats
It wont happen this season, first they have to get a punishment - and then they will appeal .. I will be surprised if it even is next season

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Anyone who has finished 5th in the league since city became top have lost a ton of money
Depending on the final points standing and matches against City, could affects clubs finishing 4th through 10th vying for various European spots, and also in the domestic cup matches how many sides lost out on a Cup Win or Final appearance.

Kylar Stern

If they were dumped into League 2 their fake sponsors would no longer represent fair market value and their income from football related activities would drop significantly, which would mean they would then either break FFP rules to keep their players on, or work around them to pay them under the table and get even more sanctions.

If they were dumped into league 2 that would be the end of City as a force for years, with no guarantees they would be able to climb back up to the PL ever again.

Expect a fine and a handful of points docked at best as theres no way they will get the kind of punishment that would result in all that.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They should be made to restart in the lowest division England has to offer and they should be stripped of all titles won.

They will get something like a one time 30 point deduction and a fine of a 100 million. They will appeal and accept a punishment of 20 points and 60 million and pretend that this somehow proves they didn’t really do anything wrong. Their fans will buy it, others will become apathetic and the sports media won't really care and do what they do best: act as spokespeople for the clubs they are covering and focus on what’s on the pitch.

stevoc

Outside of possible fines, point deductions, stripping titles and relegation as possible punishments. The PL really should be looking into forcing a change of ownership. Not only has this crowd blatantly broke the rules for a decade or more. They've made a mockery of the Premier League as an institution, the idea of a fair competition and refused to even acknowledge or cooperate now they've been found out.

So any punishment should affect the owners more than it does the football club they've dragged through the mud with their Sportswashing project.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The Premier League knows a fine is not enough so they'll give City a half-punishment, what I mean by that is they'll get a big points deduction for the current season but won't be enough to relegate them and maybe not even enough to cost them Champions League football.

They won't relegate City and they won't strip them of titles, they'll just cost them a 4th in a row and then it will be business as usual after that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A one off 30 point deduction or relegation, without anything else, would make what City have done well worth it for them.
Yeah a 30 point deduction means very little. One year without the league title. How will they ever recover!?

m1tch

Can see a record points deduction that ultimately just means no title in the season given, and maybe no Europe for 1 year whilst they walk the title again.

Even relegation to the championship is a punishment that won't hold them back too much, all the players would stay and they'd win the title the year after promotion.

They need some sort of financial punishment that means they can't avoid having to drastically reduce their wage bill to avoid non-compliance with FFP again, at least until their on field performance brings in the extra revenue again. Something that would hopefully be quite difficult with half their best players moved on.

You just know they're getting away with it.

GameOn

That's where you draw the line?

The PL has been a complete sugar daddy league for a while now.

Basically some arab states, shady American businessmen and (formerly) oligarchs run the show.

They dictate where this ship is sailing, not the FA.

SER19

Can see a record points deduction that ultimately just means no title in the season given, and maybe no Europe for 1 year whilst they walk the title again.

Even relegation to the championship is a punishment that won't hold them back too much, all the players would stay and they'd win the title the year after promotion.

They need some sort of financial punishment that means they can't avoid having to drastically reduce their wage bill to avoid non-compliance with FFP again, at least until their on field performance brings in the extra revenue again. Something that would hopefully be quite difficult with half their best players moved on.

You just know they're getting away with it.
A huge punishment like relegation would at least go some way towards correcting the history of premier league football, forever adding an asterisk to every title that shouldn't exist.

I qualify every post about this by saying that my belief is that nothing will happen.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
My prediction is city will eventually accept a "lesser" penalty of a points deduction of somewhere between 10 and 20 points. The investigation will then disappear and everyone will have forgotten this within 18 months.
Not going to happen. It amazes me how people do not understand the set up of the PL vs. UEFA/FIFA/The FA. It isn't the same whatsoever where those bodies are essentially regulating bodies.

The PL is however a members club where each club has a vote and each vote is equal and any decision needs 14 votes to get ratified.

People keep talking about them bribing everyone but how much money would they need to bribe 13 PL clubs who all benefit from them being fecked? It would be billions (I would say about £500m per club, give or take, so that would be 6 and a half bill.) That simply is not going to happen, especially as you cannot even mask £6.5bn with the public nature of the PL.

So there is no way do the clubs just let City off. The presedent has been set with Everton. Break the rules and you get hammered.

The only question with City is really to do with whether they get thrown out or a ridiculous points deduction. Thrown out means they run a real risk of non-league football. A points decution that assures relegation- say 100 points - only mean relegation to the Championship.

sangria

Yeah a 30 point deduction means very little. One year without the league title. How will they ever recover!?
At the very least, there needs to be at least a year's ban from promotion to the PL for each year that they've refused to cooperate with the PL. That's not 5 years away from the PL, but 5 years of promotion to the PL denied. So if they go down multiple tiers, they need to at least get back to the Championship before the ban kicks in, and each year they don't qualify for promotion, is a year that doesn't count to that tally.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not going to happen. It amazes me how people do not understand the set up of the PL vs. UEFA/FIFA/The FA. It isn't the same whatsoever where those bodies are essentially regulating bodies.

The PL is however a members club where each club has a vote and each vote is equal and any decision needs 14 votes to get ratified.

People keep talking about them bribing everyone but how much money would they need to bribe 13 PL clubs who all benefit from them being fecked? It would be billions (I would say about £500m per club, give or take, so that would be 6 and a half bill.) That simply is not going to happen, especially as you cannot even mask £6.5bn with the public nature of the PL.

So there is no way do the clubs just let City off. The presedent has been set with Everton. Break the rules and you get hammered.

The only question with City is really to do with whether they get thrown out or a ridiculous points deduction. Thrown out means they run a real risk of non-league football. A points decution that assures relegation- say 100 points - only mean relegation to the Championship.
Genuine question

I thought it was an independent commission looking at these charges, not a members vote?

lysglimt

Scout
If the Independant Commision recommend expulsion the Premier League will then call a general meeting where its member clubs will vote on whether the expulsion should be carried out.
But how many teams need to vote in favour ?

Yakuza_devils

Lance Armstrong was banned from the sport for life for cheating.
Lance Armstrong is not sitting on one of the world largest Oil and Gas reserves that even the world super power like USA and China want to be in their good book. With their enormous resources it could change a lot things in their favour easily.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I hear 14 out of 20, but I may be wrong
i’d imagine the the ffp rule breakers, like chelsea, everton, united and city won’t break rank and vote against their own interests.

Strangest Tribe

They’re going to get away with it, we all know so we may as well accept the fact now to spare further anguish that this most corrupt of teams will walk away relatively unscathed, maybe a fine and transfer ban just to show the PL ain’t messing around but you have to promise you won’t do it again.. Nothing..NOTHING will happen to them and we all know it.

RedRocket9908

I hear 14 out of 20, but I may be wrong
i’d imagine the the ffp rule breakers, like chelsea, everton, united and city won’t break rank and vote against their own interests.
But according to the City fans on Bluemoon its those clubs that brought these charges against City.

The only team I think would definately side with City is Burnley.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
I am always surprised that the behaviour of a well known scumbag in the final game of the 2012 season doesn’t get more scrutiny.

lysglimt

Scout
I wish we can bring back the word "frivolous" - which they used every time someone tried to appeal a sending-off.

Sure Everton - you can appeal the decision, but if we find it frivolous - you will get 15 points instead :) And then use the same tactics for Chelsea and City