g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Again you haven't, you've seen emails that are being used as evidence but nothing proven. I mean we have the Greenwood footage, go on a platform with hundreds of thousands of viewers, presume his guilt and call him what you think he is and see how it works out for you. What you think doesn't matter or have any implication on what you can or cannot say.

Why do you think Keane, Carragher etc... are all treading carefully, do you think they don't think City are guilt? Hardly. everyone and their mother thinks its very, very likely City are guilty but they won't put their foot in it till they are sure.
I am entitled to speak on publicly available information, so is everyone else. The Sky pundits are being careful because Sky has told them to be to an extent.

The CAS and the Der Spiegel documents are enough.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I am entitled to speak on publicly available information, so is everyone else. The Sky pundits are being careful because Sky has told them to be to an extent.

The CAS and the Der Spiegel documents are enough.
They're actually not, that's why we have a legal system to establish guilt. You're free to say what you think, but if you're saying someone is cheat who hasn't been proven to be a cheat that's libel whether you like it or not.
I mean if me and you had a disagreement on here and I called you something you aren't guilty of or haven't been proven guilty of, you'd tell me to stop even if you had done the deed. (And vice versa of course).

Saying what they want without it proven is the domain of Alex Jones and Katie Hopkins and they've rightly both been censored too.

The point is just because we know something doesn't mean we're legally allowed to say it, cause it suits our pov.

Drainy

They're actually not, that's why we have a legal system to establish guilt. You're free to say what you think, but if you're saying someone is cheat who hasn't been proven to be a cheat that's libel whether you like it or not.
I mean if me and you had a disagreement on here and I called you something you aren't guilty of or haven't been proven guilty of, you'd tell me to stop even if you were guilty. (And vice versa of course).

Saying what they want without it proven is the domain of Alex Jones and Katie Hopkins and they've rightly both been censored too.

The point is just because we know something doesn't mean we're legally allowed to say it, just cause it suits our pov.
It's more akin to Johnny Depp and The Sun.

They were found to be entitled to rely on untested evidence from AH to make definitive statements.

We are entitled to rely on reporting from Der Speigel, and the CAS verdict for the facts which form our opinions

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He's a City fan though so he'd obviously take that stance.
Not necessarily, he could easily say he's heard it's true and agrees with it and that people can't accuse people without fact etc but he has gone the opposite the way and said he thinks it's rubbish.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not necessarily, he could easily say he's heard it's true and agrees with it and that people can't accuse people without fact etc but he has gone the opposite the way and said he thinks it's rubbish.
Sorry I misunderstood, I took it as he called him a clown or something because I believe he's made digs at Goldbridge before.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They are threatening a SLAPP. It's obviously a public interest topic that we're all entitled to engage in discussion over. City, as many pricks who have too much money do, think they can abuse the legal process to chill people's freedom of expression.

Anyone who gets one of the letters should go to the law society website and find the solicitor roll number of the person sending the letter and report them for abuse of process and let them explain to their regulator if they have a claim
I'm nearly certain that frivolous lawsuits solely designed to shut people up are quickly dismissed and those bothered can sue for costs and damages brought about by frivolous lawsuits. Or is this just a US thing?

And worst case, there are plenty of lawyers willing to take up such cases pro-bono (in exchange for a cut of the profits from the fines/penalties) on behalf of those being bothered by such suits.

Drainy

I'm nearly certain that frivolous lawsuits solely designed to shut people up are quickly dismissed and those bothered can sue for costs and damages brought about by frivolous lawsuits. Or is this just a US thing?

And worst case, there are plenty of lawyers willing to take up such cases pro-bono (in exchange for a cut of the profits from the fines/penalties) on behalf of those being bothered by such suits.
In the UK the prevailing party wins costs. There will be show cause hearings but it could be strung out over a long time and really cause a nuisance even if you will have most of your costs paid back in the end.

In the US there are anti-SLAPP laws which are state level protections of the first amendment which does facilitate an immediate pre-(discovery)disclosure hearing that if the claimant fails to show the cause there will be a costs orders and other sanctions.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
In the UK the prevailing party wins costs. There will be show cause hearings but it could be strung out over a long time and really cause a nuisance even if you will have most of your costs paid back in the end.

In the US there are anti-SLAPP laws which are state level protections of the first amendment which does facilitate an immediate pre-(discovery)disclosure hearing that if the claimant fails to show the cause there will be a costs orders and other sanctions.
Ah, I thought it was a universal principle, synonymous with freedom of speech and the press, that you can't use the law in this way to silence free speech.

It's fecked up that you can do this in the UK without fear of a fine or sanction from the legal authorities.

Drainy

Ah, I thought it was a universal principle, synonymous with freedom of speech and the press, that you can't use the law in this way to silence free speech.

It's fecked up that you can do this in the UK without fear of a fine or sanction from the legal authorities.
Our Solicitors are far more heavily regulated than in the US.

The SRA has been making noise about being harder on solicitors who engage in SLAPPs and have published guidelines.

I would suggest being aggressive in referring anything a person suspects might be a SLAPP to them for their view

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I mean if me and you had a disagreement on here and I called you something you aren't guilty of or haven't been proven guilty of, you'd tell me to stop even if you had done the deed. (And vice versa of course).

The point is just because we know something doesn't mean we're legally allowed to say it, cause it suits our pov.
He's not saying they've been found guilty of being cheats - he's saying they're cheats, i.e. that's his opinion. There's so much in the public domain, i.e. the Spiegel docs, I believe the Football Leaks and the UEFA case; you do realise that some of the stuff that was dismissed because it was time barred, and some of the documents from Spiegel, undeniably show they've cheated and set up systemic processes to cheat.

You're a reasonable poster - please tell me you realise that even if all the charges are dropped, for whatever reason, you do understand the club you support has cheated?

LordSpud

Just listened to the pod. Clickbaity but he bought up that some City fan or channel had said that Goldbridge had received the C&D letter and that's where the whole thing started.

Basically he doesn't have one and that the 115 charges is not defamation, they have been charged.and that you shouldn't believe what you read on the socials.

Taribo's Gap

Just listened to the pod. Clickbaity but he bought up that some City fan or channel had said that Goldbridge had received the C&D letter and that's where the whole thing started.

Basically he doesn't have one and that the 115 charges is not defamation, they have been charged.and that you shouldn't believe what you read on the socials.
So he was just engagement farming? Sigh...

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's not saying they've been found guilty of being cheats - he's saying they're cheats, i.e. that's his opinion. There's so much in the public domain, i.e. the Spiegel docs, I believe the Football Leaks and the UEFA case; you do realise that some of the stuff that was dismissed because it was time barred, and some of the documents from Spiegel, undeniably show they've cheated and set up systemic processes to cheat.

You're a reasonable poster - please tell me you realise that even if all the charges are dropped, for whatever reason, you do understand the club you support has cheated?
I've said 100 times what I think of the charges. I'm talking absolutely 100% on Goldbridge, or any public figures not being careful in what they say. If you're on a public platform and you say team or person x is y, there's a good chance x will either gag you or sue you, before those charges are proven (proven being the key word). If Goldbridge did get a cease and desist from City its because he overstepped and they likely have him on it. He should have tread more carefully like Carragher or Delaney or proper pundits/journalists do ,who are very careful not to say "Hey Man City you are cheats" because they know the ramifications.

That's why I used the Lance Armstrong and OJ references. Everyone and their mother knew both were guilty but Armstrong won his libel case. My point was City wouldn't have sent him and in particular only him a cease and desist unless they had found a reason too.

What I'm trying to say and failing to say is "Charged 115 times Man City is perfectly valid", implying guilt is not even if we all know the truth.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I'm very surprised how many people believed him (including people whom I respect and think of as intelligent). To me it was always nothing less than the most obvious of lies.

Withnail

Is that website reliable? It's quoting an unknown source from Man City where you would think in something like a flat denial, nobody would need to hide their identity.

He's said he'll be reading it out today on his podcast. Why he would lie about this is a mystery.

So he just lied? For what? To get people to listen to his podcast? Why anyone bothers with this clown is beyond me.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Really, he just flat out lied and there wasn't one? Even for a "character" that's a super shitty thing to do.
I listened to the first 10 mins to hear what happened and apparently he said he only went along with the cease and desist claim to fuel the fire etc I actually don't hate him like most here do but it was quite poor from him to clearly fish for clicks.

SuperiorXI

My decision to unsubscribe was correct then. He really began to grate on me as his channel got bigger and bigger. Shame as it used to be good entertainment.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
My decision to unsubscribe was correct then. He really began to grate on me as his channel got bigger and bigger. Shame as it used to be good entertainment.
A better way of looking at it is that your original decision to subscribe was completely wrong.

crossy1686

career ending
I listened to the first 10 mins to hear what happened and apparently he said he only went along with the cease and desist claim to fuel the fire etc I actually don't hate him like most here do but it was quite poor from him to clearly fish for clicks.
His whole existence is for clout, which is why you cannot trust anything he says, meaning there's a million other things you could do that would be a better use of that time.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His whole existence is for clout, which is why you cannot trust anything he says, meaning there's a million other things you could do that would be a better use of that time.
True but i quite listening to fan commentary and no other YT channel is any good either once they reach a certain size

tomaldinho1

Keep Goldbridge chat to the other thread, that guy is literally just a chancer who makes money off United fans by being a plonker.

The silence now despite the 'near future' update really give me little hope. Fully expect an announcement soon about how FFP/PSR is being scrapped and City are getting a £5m fine.

LordSpud

Keep Goldbridge chat to the other thread, that guy is literally just a chancer who makes money off United fans by being a plonker.

The silence now despite the 'near future' update really give me little hope. Fully expect an announcement soon about how FFP/PSR is being scrapped and City are getting a £5m fine.
Actually one of the current decent things about United is Goldbridge. The man is gold.

I will be interested to see who the nearly team are to City next season. It seems there's always a team who gets dodgy decisions all season and I'm beginning to think they always need a team thereabouts to try and keep the league interesting. Arsenal have had a few this season, Liverpool in season's past. See if the 2nd team after Chrimbo start getting some mad decisions in their favour.

NotThatSoph

C&D letter to YouTube fan channels, a new low and additional charge in my eyes for each letter sent. So far we know of two, 117 charges FC is the name, cheating is the game
I guess we better hope the first 115 will hold up better than 116 and 117.