City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Sounds very much like the choice of words to say they are approaching an agreement that is acceptable for all parties.
Almost like a lawyer pleased he’s not going to court and has a nice plea deal close.
Yup. They're gonna get away with it aren't they, feckers

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Points deduction just lowers their league position for a season. Relegation just ruins any league they're demoted to and they'd only be away for a short time anyway. Fines mean nothing. Transfer penalties pointless as they've stock piled enough quality for a few seasons. Euro ban? Yep that worked the last time. They've achieved what they set out to do so the only real punishment is having their trophies and titles striped and an asterisk placed in the records but the powers that be are too cowardly to do that so any negotiated censure really will be meaningless. I'm past caring as we all know there'll be no real meaningful punishment.

90 + 5min

Very hard to take the Premier League seriously with them involved.
This is the problem that The FA face. Lot of people are not taking this league seriously anymore. At least not until this is finished. ManCity won treble last year but people just shurgged their shoulder. Instead of giving them tons of credit, there isn't. It is just indifference. It just feels wrong. It just feels artificial. Not giving any decision just puts more and more people off.

Talking about "The case will resolve itself" is just not professional. Why don't we get any transparency.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
This is the problem that The FA face. Lot of people are not taking this league seriously anymore. At least not until this is finished. ManCity won treble last year but people just shurgged their shoulder. Instead of giving them tons of credit, there isn't. It is just indifference. It just feels wrong. It just feels artificial. Not giving any decision just puts more and more people off.

Talking about "The case will resolve itself" is just not professional. Why don't we get any transparency.
That’s no problem at all, because there aren’t any organised fans who would do anything to threaten their way of doing business. So they’ll just continue. They don’t give a shit wether people care or not. The bottom line is wether the money is right. It is. So they’ll just continue.

Mathew

Any season where City win is effectively VOID assuming they don't hand titles to 2nd place, personally i would void the season as a reminder of what happened for the last decade or so. So technically for the last 3 seasons (and possibly the current season) were played for no reason at all. It's like all football should of been stopped till these 115 charges were resolved.

The recent comments in parliment by George Galloway were interesting, but maybe a party (that isn't conservative) can start asking questions around limiting foreign government/entities speaking to the current government in power to avoid charges for there personal play things.

The Irish Connection

Agree.

I just hope after all the waiting/delay they get properly punished.

4 league titles in a row shouldn't happen in the supposed best and most competitive league in the world.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How many of the EPL directors do we expect to be working for UAE in 5 years?

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Why is it a problem for the FA when it's the PL involved?

90 + 5min

Why is it a problem for the FA when it's the PL involved?
My misstake. I've should said Premier League. Thanks for pointing it out.

However, it should also be in TheFA interest for this matter to be solved. Quickly.

Agree.

I just hope after all the waiting/delay they get properly punished.

4 league titles in a row shouldn't happen in the supposed best and most competitive league in the world.
I actually don't have anything against if they win 4 in row. If they are good, they are good. Right now, I feel indifferent about their titles after all those charges. Before they were brought up I could say, well done. They had a plan and did great work getting their team to the top. But now? It just took away all that and until some verdict it is going to be indifference if they win.

For me, question is what happens when everything get decided? Football is going to lose whatever verdict is.

ShoePolish

Fascinating, how these sort of meetings get the dates set 5-6 months ahead and I always think it's got nothing to do with bringing all evidence together, as they've had years prior for that, which seemed like hell of a time already.

Probably Celtic Manor was all booked out and they're all to posh for Travelodge.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What's to stop the PL clubs holding a vote in say June and they elect to kick them out of the PL with all this stuff hanging out there, lack of cooperation, and delay tactics?

Sure, City would challenge such but do the bylaws allow for such a vote if the clubs elected to do so?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
They are going to get hammered. You read it here. Probably before the start of next season. Nothing 115 ‘win’ has meaning in the slightest.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is really taking away my enjoyment of football in general. Something serious needs to be done. So many great moments and fantastic, deserving campaigns and achievements lost.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
They are going to get hammered. You read it here. Probably before the start of next season. Nothing 115 ‘win’ has meaning in the slightest.
I hope you are right but I'm not optimistic at all. I expect they will get a fine that will be large but nominal to them and soon after they announce the luxury tax and the removing of financial restrictions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We still all have the hope.
The smart money is probably they manage to swerve the vast majority of the offences based on not being helpful to the investigation, and get some sort of massive fine and possibly 2-3 window transfer ban.
Which like the last time they got the latter, get it swiftly reduced.

It's very difficult to see really hard punishments like relegation(s) as we've simply not seen it before.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers

Sorry, who are these people that are not taking the league seriously? Clubs? Players and coaches? Sponsors? TV media? Fans of Liverpool, Arsenal and United?

For the guys that say "their titles don't mean anything or is hollow or nobody cares". Do you guys think that professional footballers, coaches feel the same way.
Trent did say that their titles mean more to them than City's and mentioned finances as possibly why. But I don't really get that feeling from other footballers and coaches who always heap praises on them.

City have won the best club of the year two years running presented by UEFA, a body that charged you for irregularities still recognised you as the best in world knowing fully well the cheating is what got them there.

I don't know but given how much it is repeated on the internet. Do you guys even believe it when you say it or it's copium

90 + 5min

Sorry, who are these people that are not taking the league seriously? Clubs? Players and coaches? Sponsors? TV media? Fans of Liverpool, Arsenal and United?

For the guys that say "their titles don't mean anything or is hollow or nobody cares". Do you guys think that professional footballers, coaches feel the same way.
Trent did say that their titles mean more to them than City's and mentioned finances as possibly why. But I don't really get that feeling from other footballers and coaches who always heap praises on them.

City have won the best club of the year two years running presented by UEFA, a body that charged you for irregularities still recognised you as the best in world knowing fully well the cheating is what got them there.

I don't know but given how much it is repeated on the internet. Do you guys even believe it when you say it or it's copium
I know lot of people around that have lost interest because of that and VAR. Also how football has developed. I guess there are others to. It isn’t something strange.

Players and managers are never going to not take football serious. At least shouldn’t. For them titles should mean everthing.

I don’t think anyone can say they are bad team. I’m saying that as long as this thing hangs over their head there will always be questions. And lot of people would be indifferent to them winning before we know everything. If we ever get that transparency.