City and Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
What a clueless bunch of stars they have assembled at City run by an even more clueless manager. Yes, I know they trounced us but that was just one of those days. Watching them against Sunderland today it was very obvious that here was a bunch of expensive players who had no shape or system whatsoever, run by an even more clueless bunch of managers/coaches.
For a start what manager looses control over players such as Tevez and Ballotelli? They tried playing in triangles and were completely lost. They have not a clue where there players are on the field. With all the possession they had they should have scored at least six goals. Long may City continue on their clueless game!

Dion

If they can get top of the league being clueless I'd hate to see what they could do if they got smart... and what would that make us losing to Blackburn at OT?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
They are a very good team, Mancini is a resonably good manager at the very least (I havent followed his career but he has done well at Citeh). Every team has their good and bad days, shit happens. How a bad result effects a team is the difference of Champions and contenders imo. Team spirit is key, and how you brush off a shit result to allow the players to build up their confidence again. If Citeh are just the money grabbing whores most state, then they will drag their heals after a 2-3 bad results in a row, where we rise and do very well as proven so far this season.

ukbob

Like most of the replies in here. Clueless. Obviously know feck all about football only what you read in the media rags.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Much like our starting 11 when a few key players are not playing Augero and Silva they look average and not that great i was thinking when i seen their line up. I think our starting 11 is better but their squad is better, although they have had very few injuries and a player i hoped we'd sign in Nasri looks a pale shadow of the player at Arsenal and unfit.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Like most of the replies in here. Clueless. Obviously know feck all about football only what you read in the media rags.
So they have 2 below par games, and they become a clueless football team?? Teams have shit spells, and as I said it is how they respond that counts.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
With a team as expensively assembled as theirs, it's hard not to be better than everyone else.

That said, I do have reservations about mancini. His record in Europe is poor, no matter who he's managing. I also think City have been seriously lucky with injuries this season. Be interesting to see how they cope without, for example, Kompany - who's so good he's almost a one man back four.

ukbob

With a team as expensively assembled as theirs, it's hard not to be better than everyone else.

That said, I do have reservations about mancini. His record in Europe is poor, no matter who he's managing. I also think City have been seriously lucky with injuries this season. Be interesting to see how they cope without, for example, Kompany - who's so good he's almost a one man back four.
Yea!! Someone with a bit of footballing sense!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They're still far from clueless, arguably they're the best team in England and it shows in the table.

togg

I do agree about Kompany...he is a class player. However I do think their reserve team..which amounts to what...120million was quoted, is far superior to ours...which is hardly surprising. The thing City don't have which we do, is Ferguson. He is the big difference season after season (perhaps apart from Wenger regardless of his trophyless few years) who instils the ethic that is needed to be a winner. Its weird really, because the first four years of Fergies reign you would never say that about him in general. I do think he has learnt as much as anyone during his time at united. Yes he did have that winning mentality when he arrived, no doubt, but what he has learnt is how to individually transmit that to individual players dependant on their personality. That is the big big thing he has learnt.

ukbob

Clueless and top of the league Bob.
So they should with the players they have brought. My point is that they should be pissing the league and games with the amount of talent they have. Anyone with an ounce of coaching experience can see what a clueless bunch of overpaid "stars" they are. Just watch the style and formation they play. Just a bunch of prima donnas who run the game as they want not what the manager wants, hence the problems they have with certain players. Would not happen with SAF.

togg

I think today Mancini has learnt today just how tough it is to win this league. I'm not saying he won't do it, but he knows, as giggs has said, that it takes more to win this league than anywhere else in the world because of the competition throughout it. Bottom can beat top...mid table can beat top..its just not the same in most of the leagues in the world. Ferguson has learnt that you can't play great all the time, in fact...most of the time..but you have to win, hence his reaction yesterday. He bloody knew it was a win game...the kind of league game that decides championships..and we lost. However...happily Mancini has learnt today...that "it was a strange game" is what this league is all about. You can't suppose anything at all..which actually does make it, if not technically, the most exciting league in the world to my mind

Saliph

I think today Mancini has learnt today just how tough it is to win this league. I'm not saying he won't do it, but he knows, as giggs has said, that it takes more to win this league than anywhere else in the world because of the competition throughout it. Bottom can beat top...mid table can beat top..its just not the same in most of the leagues in the world. Ferguson has learnt that you can't play great all the time, in fact...most of the time..but you have to win, hence his reaction yesterday. He bloody knew it was a win game...the kind of league game that decides championships..and we lost. However...happily Mancini has learnt today...that "it was a strange game" is what this league is all about. You can't suppose anything at all..which actually does make it, if not technically, the most exciting league in the world to my mind

All league games decide championships. What the hell made yesterdays game so special?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So they should with the players they have brought. My point is that they should be pissing the league and games with the amount of talent they have. Anyone with an ounce of coaching experience can see what a clueless bunch of overpaid "stars" they are. Just watch the style and formation they play. Just a bunch of prima donnas who run the game as they want not what the manager wants, hence the problems they have with certain players. Would not happen with SAF.
Yeah thats a fair point.

Its going to be interesting to see how they respond to today. With Chelsea and Spurs dropping points Liverpool have a big chance to close the gap to fourth on Tuesday and I expect them to give City a proper game. With Gerrard back too they might just improve the service to that lump they have up front too.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If only football was as easy as winning every game 5 or 6 nil just because you have a team full of big money stars...

Lance Uppercut

Yeah thats a fair point.

Its going to be interesting to see how they respond to today. With Chelsea and Spurs dropping points Liverpool have a big chance to close the gap to fourth on Tuesday and I expect them to give City a proper game. With Gerrard back too they might just improve the service to that lump they have up front too.
I doubt Dzeko will start.

Agent Red

They're far from the finished article, but I think it's a leap to call them 'clueless'. Of course they should be up there at the top given the investment they've had, but they've had those kind of investment levels for several seasons now yet this is the first season that they've played the kind of football that could win them the league.

Mancini has signed some good players and has them gelling well together. That wasn't the case today or last weekend but generally this season they have played well as a unit. There's questions unanswered about how they'll deal with pressures, injuries etc. and obviously how Mancini and the squad deal with that will be a real teller. Equally you can say that their achievements are undermined by the investment they've had, and I'd agree with that.

But to say they're 'clueless' implies that they haven't improved this season or played as a team at any point, when their results would suggest they surely have. Mentally it's unlikely they'll operate with the same experience and tactical nouse that we do, but a lot of our strength in that department has been derived from Fergie, and there aren't many that can compete with that.

Decotron

They're far from the finished article, but I think it's a leap to call them 'clueless'. Of course they should be up there at the top given the investment they've had, but they've had those kind of investment levels for several seasons now yet this is the first season that they've played the kind of football that could win them the league.

Mancini has signed some good players and has them gelling well together. That wasn't the case today or last weekend but generally this season they have played well as a unit. There's questions unanswered about how they'll deal with pressures, injuries etc. and obviously how Mancini and the squad deal with that will be a real teller. Equally you can say that their achievements are undermined by the investment they've had, and I'd agree with that.

But to say they're 'clueless' implies that they haven't improved this season or played as a team at any point, when their results would suggest they surely have. Mentally it's unlikely they'll operate with the same experience and tactical nouse that we do, but a lot of our strength in that department has been derived from Fergie, and there aren't many that can compete with that.

Great post. Perfectly sums up the situation.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Disagree. He's made them into a very good team. SAF's theory is that they will tire out as they don't rotate much and maybe he's right but they play really good football and they have a clear system.

AVARiCE

There's a sticky -- a sticky -- in this forum where you've had a go at the level of coaching in this country, ukbob.

From someone with enough intelligence to make such a statement, I find this thread really disappointing. The only thing I can think of here is that you're on a WUM. I think, from memory, you're infamous for them but I apologise if I've recalled that incorrectly.

Alas, your opening argument is not the work of someone who's thought through their post. I was going to post a proper reply but then I realised I didn't want to fly straight into it and get WUMmed.

Inspectah deck

People will laugh it off but you have a point( extreme perhaps). The thing is, with the amount of money they've spent they should be as good as a side like Madrid.

Their team stand no chance against a side like that though. The game against Bayern for me shows how far they are from teams like that, they couldn't even compete with them, so much so you would think Bayern's first 11 was five times as expensive.​

sincher

To say they'd stand no chance against Real is well wide of the mark. They might not be favourites in that match but it would be a fairly even contest.

I'm not sure they'll win the league though. They should, from where they are and with the fixtures coming as they are, but I have a feeling they might bottle it. We need to get our players back though or we will blow our chance to take advantage.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
To say they'd stand no chance against Real is well wide of the mark. They might not be favourites in that match but it would be a fairly even contest.

I'm not sure they'll win the league though. They should, from where they are and with the fixtures coming as they are, but I have a feeling they might bottle it. We need to get our players back though or we will blow our chance to take advantage.
I've noticed their players playing the victim card at the ref the last away games - they haven't won in 4, and doesn't seem to deal with those problems very well at all. Especially Yaya Toure has been a right old moaner instead of trying to force the issue(oh God what a cliché that is, what does it even mean?).

sincher

Mancini is playing it smart not changing the team too much but there could come a time where he has to (injuries, say) or where he wants to because things get sticky. That's when they might start really fecking up.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Mancini is playing it smart not changing the team too much but there could come a time where he has to (injuries, say) or where he wants to because things get sticky. That's when they might start really fecking up.
Like yesterday - no Silva, Aguero, Milner in the starting line-up, three points lost.

RedLars

What I want to know is how Mancini can find time to both manage Manchester City and play Sherlock Holmes in the movie I saw at the cinema the other day.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
What a clueless bunch of stars they have assembled at City run by an even more clueless manager. Yes, I know they trounced us but that was just one of those days. Watching them against Sunderland today it was very obvious that here was a bunch of expensive players who had no shape or system whatsoever, run by an even more clueless bunch of managers/coaches.
For a start what manager looses control over players such as Tevez and Ballotelli? They tried playing in triangles and were completely lost. They have not a clue where there players are on the field. With all the possession they had they should have scored at least six goals. Long may City continue on their clueless game!
You can't just dismiss them wiping the floor with you as just one of those days Bob.

Was Blackburn yesterday another of those days?

I've been to City a few times this season and they've been far from clueless...in fact they have been very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.