City defence

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Richards and LEscott are easily the most over-rated defenders in world football. Both have shit control, average at best passing and positional sense suited to the championship. They are both physically impressive with good pace but that doesnt make you a great defender.

It's typical overhyping. say what you will about big man JT but he can defend and doesnt rely on pace to keep him out of trouble.

City now have a good side no doubt about that but not THAT many of their players would be key players for a genuine top 4 side. You could argue with this but i really wouldnt expect any more than Adebayor, Robinho and Tevez to get regular football for a top 4 side. Bridge couldnt cut it at chelsea, Toure was great for a while but he hasnt been the same. Barry was never top 4 class etc etc

They are getting there, and now have a team to beat 85-90% of premiership teams without too much trouble.
4 teams represent more than 10-15% of premiership teams

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
If maths isn't your forte then you should stop using it.
I'm so, so sorry Kouroux. I didnt realize a mathmatical mishap during a football discussion was such an offense.

I thought the fact i cleared it up after you intially pointed it out would be enough for you to fogive my error. I was wrong, but again just to clear it up, i'm so, so sorry.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Let's wait 6 months, give them time to adjust first. Vidic wasn't the shining point in defense in his first six months. New team New goalkeeper new environment etc. Let them settle down first and then have this conversation. 5 games are nothing yet. Rate them at about 20 when they've met every team.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm so, so sorry Kouroux. I didnt realize a mathmatical mishap during a football discussion was such an offense.

I thought the fact i cleared it up after you intially pointed it out would be enough for you to fogive my error. I was wrong, but again just to clear it up, i'm so, so sorry.
hihihi