City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
First one is seeing ridiculousness in involving the police in things like this, second a sad joke about complete severity/unforgiveness from some Cafe members (being delighted about his life being ruined, making an example of him, and similar). Everyone can be redeemed in my naive view.
I don't know if you were ever been subject to being racially abused or can relate, but trust me, this guys deserves it all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
When the internet has gone all in, it’s difficult to accept that we might have incorrectly cancelled someone because then we’re the assholes.

But I don’t buy this racist’s version of events. The evidence is there, it’s damning and his aggressive, unapologetic response to any offence caused only makes him look worse.

Kostur

海尔的老板
If you were doing a monkey gesture wouldn’t you curl your hands up so they’re almost touching your armpits? Maybe I’m wrong but I’m not convinced he was being racist based off the footage.
I honestly have no idea how I would have been doing it since last time I pretended to be a monkey was probably in kindegarten but this is quite visibly an attempt at the monkey gesture taunt. I mean, nobody really shakes his hands like this because it's cold either. This type of explanation reeks of the time when Hennessey was doing nazi salute and then tried some mental gymnastics to justify/explain it.

What we're seeing there is a bunch of aggressive cnuts, all acting like stupid fecks and then you've got the mob mentality kicking in. The one doing racist gestures is obviously the dumbest one, give them a couple of minutes more and you'd probably see more of them parroting such behaviour.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Keep politics out of this FFS, it's nothing to do with politics. You're as bad as brainless Neville.
I shouldn't say this but it looks like your one of the left wing, spoilt snow flakes.
fecking left wing snowflakes not liking racism. They're the worst.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If you were doing a monkey gesture wouldn’t you curl your hands up so they’re almost touching your armpits? Maybe I’m wrong but I’m not convinced he was being racist based off the footage.
This isolates the incident, clear as day. He's in the middle of giving a shitload of abuse and you can see his mouth form the "monkey noises".

He's not trying to keep his hands warm.

Kostur

海尔的老板
By the way, Neville is fecking dumb to meddle politics into it, I agree with the notion. Sign of times we live in that people lap such shit up.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's a fool coming out with what he did on social media, his hands weren't anyway near his pants, or more logically his pockets, the most believable scenario was just stretching his arms after shouting so much abuse, but that wouldn't have gone down well either no doubt.

To me it looks like he did exactly what he is been accused of, albeit very briefly, but quickly thinks better of it, and stops himself going further, hence a slight element of doubt for some, but did it all the same, he'd have been far better saying it as it was, and making a grovelling apology.

Nanook

This isolates the incident, clear as day. He's in the middle of giving a shitload of abuse and you can see his mouth form the "monkey noises".

He's not trying to keep his hands warm.

I’m not convinced. He’s got his hands up and when he brings them down he shakes them a bit. The ‘monkey chant’ lasts for less than a second. Given that his name is all over twitter and he’s lost his job I think the burden of proof should be much higher than a 1 second clip where maybe it looks like he’s doing a monkey chant.

I could well be wrong but like I said I’m not convinced and I don’t think it’s anywhere near as obvious as some are claiming.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

You can see the racist incident starting at 1:02. Honestly I’m struggling to see where this gorilla gesture is. He shakes his hands for a second but I think that’s because it’s cold. He’s an idiot but I don’t think he was racially abusing Fred or Lingard.
If he hasn't actually done anything wrong that you can see, then why is he an idiot?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I’m not convinced. He’s got his hands up and when he brings them down he shakes them a bit. The ‘monkey chant’ lasts for less than a second. Given that his name is all over twitter and he’s lost his job I think the burden of proof should be much higher than a 1 second clip where maybe it looks like he’s doing a monkey chant.

I could well be wrong but like I said I’m not convinced and I don’t think it’s anywhere near as obvious as some are claiming.
You've a more forgiving heart than I.

As my old nan used to say, "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a racist duck".

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's a fool coming out with what he did on social media, his hands weren't anyway near his pants, or more logically his pockets, the most believable scenario was just stretching his arms after shouting so much abuse, but that wouldn't have gone down well either no doubt.

To me it looks like he did exactly what he is been accused of, albeit very briefly, but quickly thinks better of it, and stops himself going further.
Red top, body warmer... just did a monkey chant at Fred.

If anyone can screenshot from Sky and put on here/social media...
Exactly what I thought. I mentioned it in the matchday thread ⬆ as it happened, because I was watching in a pub so couldn't watch again and thought maybe someone else had seen it. I remember the replies weren't that sure which probably shows how quickly it happened.

It looks like he does it instinctively (which is really sad that his first instinct is to go there... gives a bit of an insight into him) then seems to catch himself ... either because he realises what he's doing or (maybe more likely) because he realises he's doing it in probably one of the most watched games of football of the season, with multiple cameras.

Either way, just a tool.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The evidence for the guy being an actual idiot: 'I'd better only do half a racist gesture because the telly cameras might be on me.'

2 man midfield

Did you see the guys post on social media? Racist or not, he's definitely an idiot.
No, I haven't. I assumed he meant off the strength of the clip alone, fair enough if there's more.

Fluctuation0161

Keep politics out of this FFS, it's nothing to do with politics. You're as bad as brainless Neville.
I shouldn't say this but it looks like your one of the left wing, spoilt snow flakes.
Are people still using the word snowflake in this context? How soft. :lol:

What has being spoilt got to do with monkey chants in a football game?

It seems you are getting a little defensive.

Anyone who thinks racism in football happens in a little football bubble is naive at best. Society influences football fans as much as anyone else. Politics influences society. Can't state it any simpler than that.

SnowRoll

Spot on.

Three observations :

1) Racism was around long before the EU, Brexit and Boris. In fact, racism was much more prevalent before Brexit and Boris or immigration debates. Not many on here are old enough to remember the 70's, but I assure you those were far worse times.

2) Gary taking the opportunity to do a bit of electioneering on behalf of Corbyn and Labour especially on matters of racism, was disgusting. Labour are only the second party after the BNP to be officially investigated for institutional racism by the ECHR and indications are Labour may be found guilty when investigations conclude next year.

3) And just a follow up to point 2. One maybe two morons doing monkey gestures grab all the headlines, whilst videos of Labour supporters spouting anti-semitic comments make it onto Jewish newspapers and occasionally the daily mail. The double standard in this country between anti-black racism and anti-semitism sickens me and makes Gary's little rant so disingenuous. One is an evil that needs rooting out, the other...well...you know..kind of a smear by them.
Agree, mostly on points 1 and 3. There's another Gary who likes to mix politics with his sports-related job. So this doesn't come as a huge surprise.

2 man midfield

Because of his Facebook post. And he was also getting animated and shouting abuse to the United players, I’m just not sure it was racist.
What did he say? Yeah he was animated, but if you really believe that he was just a cold bloke shivering and not a racist twat then he was actually one of the better behaved people in that clip is all I was saying!

Fluctuation0161

It's been going in football for donkey's years, it never stopped. Neville trying to get political and blame Johnson is wrong and out of order.
To be fair, Jamie Redknapp brought up the fact that racism is a problem bigger than football. Then Neville explored his point. Watch the vid.

Denis79

:lol: I rattled someone it seems.Shoe fits, does it?

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

You can pretty certainly tell that he is forming the monkey noises by the video posted above. It is very short and maybe not conclusive enough for the court so him and his lawyer will probably go with that route. In that sense I can understand your point of view, but only in relation if the court can prove that guilty beyond a reasonable doubt shit and if the video is enough...

Anyway, the way the clubs, police and even his firm reacted upon the incident is pretty good example to anyone who might have similar ideas in the future.

Fluctuation0161

Spot on.

Three observations :

1) Racism was around long before the EU, Brexit and Boris. In fact, racism was much more prevalent before Brexit and Boris or immigration debates. Not many on here are old enough to remember the 70's, but I assure you those were far worse times.

2) Gary taking the opportunity to do a bit of electioneering on behalf of Corbyn and Labour especially on matters of racism, was disgusting. Labour are only the second party after the BNP to be officially investigated for institutional racism by the ECHR and indications are Labour may be found guilty when investigations conclude next year.

3) And just a follow up to point 2. One maybe two morons doing monkey gestures grab all the headlines, whilst videos of Labour supporters spouting anti-semitic comments make it onto Jewish newspapers and occasionally the daily mail. The double standard in this country between anti-black racism and anti-semitism sickens me and makes Gary's little rant so disingenuous. One is an evil that needs rooting out, the other...well...you know..kind of a smear by them.
I think you've been reading the Daily Mail too much.

1) Racism has been stoked up for political gain by both Boris Johnson and the far right elements in the Leave campaign. For example: hate Crime against increased by 375% after Boris Johnson said Muslim women look like letterboxes.
Link

2) Racism in football is influenced by factors outside of football. See point 1. I don't recall Gary Neville saying anything about voting Labour on Sky Sports. Either way, the Tories have a terrible record of deporting black windrush generation citizens unlawfully, ignoring the warnings and aftermath of grenfell, their leader saying black people have watermelon smiles not to mention the massive problem with Islamophobia.
Link

3) After only 24 hours coverage of this guy doing monkey chants. Are you seriously trying to argue that anti semitism in the Labour party has had less media coverage? After 3 years of non stop coverage! I mean, really? Because that's a ridiculous claim.

Giggsyking

You can pretty certainly tell that he is forming the monkey noises by the video posted above. It is very short and maybe not conclusive enough for the court so him and his lawyer will probably go with that route. In that sense I can understand your point of view, but only in relation if the court can prove that guilty beyond a reasonable doubt shit and if the video is enough...

Anyway, the way the clubs, police and even his firm reacted upon the incident is pretty good example to anyone who might have similar ideas in the future.
Exactly, even if he dose not get any punishment by the court and he manages somehow with a miracle to prove himself innocent (I highly doubt he will prove the allegations are false), the actions of the clubs, the police and most importantly his firm will make difficult to any racist to even think about doing it in the future.

Judas

Open to offers
The second you use the term snowflake unironically you lose basically any chance you have of anyone taking you seriously ever again.

mu4c_20le

The evidence for the guy being an actual idiot: 'I'd better only do half a racist gesture because the telly cameras might be on me.'
I think that's giving him too much credit, looks like it was just mixed in with the rest of the abuse he was giving. The way he did it so casually makes me think it wasn't the first time, and he was just unlucky the cameras decided to focus on that section after play was stopped because of the missiles.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's so funny seeing people somehow attacking Raheem for this, let's blame the black man for racism shall we? :lol:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Depends if it was a "monkey" or an "ape". I think chimpanzees do the curled arm, but a gorilla (for example) would hunch and shake its arms.

Not that I expect the bloke was a primatologist :D

Anyway, a steward is stood in front of him so I wonder if his evidence is involved? Maybe pitch-side mics?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So he’s been identified on social media and now the twitter mob are tweeting his employer asking for him to be sacked before his even been convicted of anything.

If what he did was a monkey chant he deserves the full punishment of the law and whatever City decide. That’s it. His punishment should be no different to if someone made a racial comment / gesture to someone in a pub whatever you’d imagine it be a ban and probably a caution / community service from the courts.

When social media gets involved and justice is no longer equal then we have a problem. This man, no matter how repulsive his actions and views, committed a crime that in any other situation would not result in him losing his job. The courts would not punish him by saying his employers should sack him, but now because of social media he will lose his job. His family will suffer, his hate will grow.

And worse it brings a two tier justice system: People caught on social media get punished more then those whose crimes escape social media.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I think part of the ‘education’ is the swift and comprehensive way civil society enjoins to condemn such action. The speed with which clubs, pundits, fans and the public have condemned this guy has been quite startling.

There is a side debate about the ethics of ‘trial by social media’ by angry and projecting critics, but I dare say every English match attending fan is now forewarned about what happens if you should indulge in such illegal and anti social behaviour.
It's not just football though, it's happening all over the country in different shape and forms, who's going to educate them? Maybe I'm just sick and tired of this education excuse being used every time something like this happens but it's time to act and act hard on the racists and not the clubs who do try their hardest to stamp out any discrimination.
I followed England for a time and I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt tbh. England fans moaning about other countries racism is just laughable.

Judas

Open to offers
So he’s been identified on social media and now the twitter mob are tweeting his employer asking for him to be sacked before his even been convicted of anything.

If what he did was a monkey chant he deserves the full punishment of the law and whatever City decide. That’s it. His punishment should be no different to if someone made a racial comment / gesture to someone in a pub whatever you’d imagine it be a ban and probably a caution / community service from the courts.

When social media gets involved and justice is no longer equal then we have a problem. This man, no matter how repulsive his actions and views, committed a crime that in any other situation would not result in him losing his job. The courts would not punish him by saying his employers should sack him, but now because of social media he will lose his job. His family will suffer, his hate will grow. And worse it brings a two tier justice system.
Wouldn't mind if every racist in the world lost their job to be honest.

These weird posts trying to get people to feel sorry for scum are baffling. I seriously hate this place when real world issues are discussed, its horrifying how backwards so many people on here are.

Judas

Open to offers
I think part of the ‘education’ is the swift and comprehensive way civil society enjoins to condemn such action. The speed with which clubs, pundits, fans and the public have condemned this guy has been quite startling.

There is a side debate about the ethics of ‘trial by social media’ by angry and projecting critics, but I dare say every English match attending fan is now forewarned about what happens if you should indulge in such illegal and anti social behaviour.
Yes I too hate how quickly people join together to.......condemn racists? Actually nah I don't.

Kag

When social media gets involved and justice is no longer equal then we have a problem. This man, no matter how repulsive his actions and views, committed a crime that in any other situation would not result in him losing his job. The courts would not punish him by saying his employers should sack him, but now because of social media he will lose his job. His family will suffer, his hate will grow. And worse it brings a two tier justice system.
Another bizarre stance to take. Let’s not castigate the racist man; let’s post gibberish about his outing via social media.

You’re also wrong, for what it’s worth. Many people lose their jobs for bringing their company/employers into disrepute. Codes of conduct exist for this reason.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

When social media gets involved and justice is no longer equal then we have a problem. This man, no matter how repulsive his actions and views, committed a crime that in any other situation would not result in him losing his job. The courts would not punish him by saying his employers should sack him, but now because of social media he will lose his job. His family will suffer, his hate will grow.

And worse it brings a two tier justice system: People caught on social media get punished more then those whose crimes escape social media.
You're essentially talking about fairness - what, exactly, is fair about the man's behaviour towards his victims?

BlueHaze

Literally a few seconds before that the daft bald cretin had his hands inside his jeans grabbing his nutsack for about 10 seconds which indicates he's a big fan of Joachim Low. He probably had his hand inside his arse and sniffed it as well when the cameras wasn't on him.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wouldn't mind if every racist in the world lost their job to be honest.

These weird posts trying to get people to feel sorry for scum are baffling. I seriously hate this place when real world issues are discussed, its horrifying how backwards so many people on here are.
What’s weird is people who react emotionally to others that make a logical point. His committed a crime.. he should be punished by the courts not social media warriors. He and the person who do the same thing on say a bus should both receive the same punishment.. social media should not decide whether person who hasn’t even been convicted loses their job. Now innocent until proven guilty is a value we all believe in, but it seems the majority only when it suits them.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Yes I too hate how quickly people join together to.......condemn racists? Actually nah I don't.
Taking the situation to a wider context - you assume it is done with good intentions. It is often not, but veiled by the perception of good intentions.

It's no different to the abhorrent nature people used to have when condemning witches, "criminals", and anyone else they used to publicly hang and torture. A baying mob.

As I say, you look at it out of context - imagine if you were caught on camera doing something innocent but it looked wrong. Would you be happy that by the next day a huge number of strangers had publicly condemned you, harassed your employer to sack you, maybe bricked your window etc. Your name would be permanently etched into Google.

These things should be deal with in the way that civilised society dictates - not social media.