City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A bit confused by the posts complaining about the City players doing nothing. Silva, Mahrez and Otamendi all clearly motioned to the fans to calm down, and several more City players were heading in that direction, presumably to do the same.
Yeah I saw this too. Commendable from them. I think they were quite upset and ashamed of their fans in that moment.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Sterling in fairness should have awarded us the 3 points and issued a couple of stadium bans. Hypocrite.

JohnnyKills

Sterling in fairness should have awarded us the 3 points and issued a couple of stadium bans. Hypocrite.
Yeah exactly. Given he didn't get into the crowd and take the fan out he clearly doesn't care about the issue.

Foxbatt

I thought some of the city players were upset with what was going on and tried to stop it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Genuinely embarrassed to be a City fan tonight. Shameful behaviour from the fans in that corner towards Fred. The only positive is the cretin’s identity is not in doubt so at least swift action will be taken. United deserved the win today, same old story for City this season. Leaky at the back, unable to create anything meaningful at the other end. Our season now hinges on the Champions League.
Good man. Thank you for posting this.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Definitely looked like B. Silva and Mahrez tried to stop their own fans from being idiots. It didn't work though.
That is what I saw, as well. I have no doubt any normal human hated what those asshats were doing and the racist behavior. Undoubtedly that definition of normal humans included most City fans and players, as well. We can be rivals in sport, but when it comes to human decency most of us are on the same page, important to remember.

Irrational.

Looks like he'll be out of a job on Monday. He doesn't seem the sharpest knife in the drawer either. He has a history of racist comments if you have a look on Twitter.

Mr Smith

Raheem could have made a statement tonight. He should have taken both teams off the field after the abuse. What a fantastic gesture that would have been. But "unfortunately" this time, it wasn't aimed at him. Credit to Riyad and David Silva though. They acted in a proper way.
Absolutely wrong to put the burden of a systemic cultural problem on one individual, no matter what history he has with it. He's one man. Yes it would be good if he'd made a statement, but he shouldn't be vilified for not doing so.

The responsibility is on the club to take the appropriate action (lifetime bans for the fans involved).

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Looks like he'll be out of a job on Monday. He doesn't seem the sharpest knife in the drawer either. He has a history of racist comments if you have a look on Twitter.
He's getting absolutely dogs abuse on Twitter and Facebook. People tweeting his employer (who've already said "they'll look into it" = P45)

And amazingly, he actually replied to someone on Facebook (that was stupid) and said it was just a screenshot making him look bad and he was putting his hands in his pockets.

The only thing I don't like is there are pictures of his family/kids everywhere now.... they've got to go to work/school, it'll be shit for them.

The power of social media is scary at times.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Respect to the City players who tried to calm the crowd, and respect to the many City fans who condemned these idiots. Not all City fans are knobheads. There are many at every club, Chrissakes I've seen some total idiots who follow United. It was absolutely shameful, but unfortunately racism is becoming stronger in this country. Brexit seems to have helped it fester.

Reactions: SteveJ

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah I saw this too. Commendable from them. I think they were quite upset and ashamed of their fans in that moment.
I'd hardly consider it commendable when they spent the previous minute bitching about time wasting while Fred and Lingard were having objects thrown at them. Waiting until Fred was actually physically assaulted to stop complaining to the ref about time isn't commendable.

Irrational.

He's getting absolutely dogs abuse on Twitter and Facebook. People tweeting his employer (who've already said "they'll look into it" = P45)

And amazingly, he actually replied to someone on Facebook (that was stupid) and said it was just a screenshot making him look bad and he was putting his hands in his pockets.

The only thing I don't like is there are pictures of his family/kids everywhere now.... they've got to go to work/school, it'll be shit for them.

The power of social media is scary at times.
Pathetic isn't it? :lol:

Yeah, it can be a bit of a lynch mob out there, you have to feel sorry for his family/ dependents having such a massive idiot for a father.

croadyman

Has Sterling or any of his team mates tweeted to condemn that City fan. I know the club have published a statement but heard nothing individually.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Exactly. People suggesting he's a hypocrite (or it seems so) if he doesn't fight every racist while he's playing a football match.
Other than going over and putting every racist under citizens arrest, what is he supposed to do.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
People criticising Sterling are closet racists. If I were Sterling and black players were getting abused nearby you'd be hesitant yourself to go running over to the crowd to try and cool the situation. Not like he's magically exempt from racist abuse because he speaks out about it. You can say all you want but these players deal with the hurt behind closed doors and it does hurt. You can say all you like about how much they get paid but it doesn't change anything.

Reactions: Sultan

Fridge chutney

I really think it's ridiculous to criticize Sterling in this scenario. Poor form. Sterling is not the issue. Racism and fan behaviour is.

Shocking stuff really.

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
Typical idiot fans ruining it for the rest of us. Throwing things at footballers as if they're war criminals instead of just blokes playing for the other team. It's as bad as liverpool fans chucking things at coaches. What sort of an imbecile is so riled up about the derby they resort to nonsensical racism. As if we don't have black players or one trying to lead a campaign against it. The d***head has no place at the club and no place in football or society tbh. Only idiots make aeroplane gestures too, regardless of it being stupidly insensitive generally, the amount of people with city links on that plane...

Another game we deserved to lose due to poor defending, this season very much looking like another write-off ala 2013 or 2015. just hope it results in the manager changing things rather than the club changing managers.

Reactions: Sultan

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Definitely not Sterling’s fault, c’mon people what are we like? It’s simple racism, reflects badly on the individual and the club and should be dealt with accordingly.

reddevil80

If you look up "pleb" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of that ignoramus.

Carolina Red

Staff
Typical idiot fans ruining it for the rest of us. Throwing things at footballers as if they're war criminals instead of just blokes playing for the other team. It's as bad as liverpool fans chucking things at coaches. What sort of an imbecile is so riled up about the derby they resort to nonsensical racism. As if we don't have black players or one trying to lead a campaign against it. The d***head has no place at the club and no place in football or society tbh. Only idiots make aeroplane gestures too, regardless of it being stupidly insensitive generally, the amount of people with city links on that plane...

Another game we deserved to lose due to poor defending, this season very much looking like another write-off ala 2013 or 2015. just hope it results in the manager changing things rather than the club changing managers.
Good on you

RyRy11

A couple of issues we need to clear up in this thread. Firstly, Sterling may be the most high profile British player pushing for action against racism but that doesn’t mean he is tasked with sorting it out, the Stewards, Police and FA should be dealing with these matters. I’m not sure why people have such an obsession with him but I can probably take a quick guess as to why.

Secondly, it’s important not to generalise a fan base and group all city fans as “racists”. The actions of one individual doesn’t mean City should be deducted points or play their next home match behind closed doors, every club unfortunately has its share of idiots and punishing the other 99.9% doesn’t help the cause in any way. City were great to come out straight away and denounce the fans gestures which sets a clear example going forward that any racist actions that take place will be dealt with swiftly and not just brushed under the carpet.

lsd

The Oracle
A couple of issues we need to clear up in this thread. Firstly, Sterling may be the most high profile British player pushing for action against racism but that doesn’t mean he is tasked with sorting it out, the Stewards, Police and FA should be dealing with these matters. I’m not sure why people have such an obsession with him but I can probably take a quick guess as to why.

Secondly, it’s important not to generalise a fan base and group all city fans as “racists”. The actions of one individual doesn’t mean City should be deducted points or play their next home match behind closed doors, every club unfortunately has its share of idiots and punishing the other 99.9% doesn’t help the cause in any way. City were great to come out straight away and denounce the fans gestures which sets a clear example going forward that any racist actions that take place will be dealt with swiftly and not just brushed under the carpet.

Again the reason he is being called out here is simple as he was stood there looking directly at the incident and acted like it was nothing which people find rather puzzling.

Thats the reason and nothing else

arthurka

I'm mental and shouldn't be taken seriously, but I'm at the point where I'm losing patience with the world on stuff like this. Just get a firing squad, shoot one and tell the others to keep in their fecking line.
Saudi style
Got it

knot_buzz

What gets me is the stewards standing directly in front of him not batting an eyelid.

croadyman

Social media will do its thing with that idiot. I can’t say I sympathise with the eventual consequences either. Bellend.
Yeah looks like he could lose his job and don't feel in the least bit sorry for him. He will seriously regret doing that in front of the TV cameras.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I remember reading about John Barnes and other great players get death threats telling them not to sign for the clubs that they were linked too. Today’s type of racism is just as deplorable but I doubt any of those fools would object if tomorrow their team was going to sign any good black player.
I bet many of them would if they could (i.e. were it widely acceptable/consequence free).

Balagan

Did anyone else notice that when McTominay started fronting up to the racists dick heads in the crowd, several City players started trying to rough him up?

Tells me everything I need to know about those players.

Hughes35

Raheem could have made a statement tonight. He should have taken both teams off the field after the abuse. What a fantastic gesture that would have been. But "unfortunately" this time, it wasn't aimed at him. Credit to Riyad and David Silva though. They acted in a proper way.
Have I missed something? Why do people keep talking about Sterling in relation to this incident?