g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

City schadenfreude - what would you like their punishment to be?

Chief123

I mean, you fecking cheat for a decade; what do you think should happen? Everything you've won is through ill-gotten means; all of it should be rescinded, and why would that be an outrageous statement to make?

That's not even punishment. The punishment should be a drop down the football pyramid and a transfer ban for multiple windows (minimum of 3yrs) on top of a massive fine. There should also be a criminal investigation into the shifting of funds under the table to pay for players and staff who would otherwise not be at your club.

You cannot possibly behave in this manner and expect a smack on the wrist. You should be punished to an unprecedented level, as fitting as what you've done is unprecedented.
This cheating doesn’t even include their last few years in the investigation. They got away with it so long can you imagine how far they would have gone in the last 3 years.

There’s absolutely no way Haaland has been signed legitimately when he was the most sought after player in Europe. I can just imagine the astronomical figures he’s being paid through other companies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This cheating doesn’t even include their last few years in the investigation. They got away with it so long can you imagine how far they would have gone in the last 3 years.

There’s absolutely no way Haaland has been signed legitimately when he was the most sought after player in Europe. I can just imagine the astronomical figures he’s being paid through other companies.
Yes, we've skirted around the issue for years, knowing full well the likes of Pep, Aguero, De Bruyne and so forth could not be there without the unseen payments, but Haaland absolutely took the cake beings as - as you state - he was the hottest property in Europe. Investigating the case of his signing alone should be enough to bury them given half (at least) of it is not above board.

Gandalf

Relegation to league two.
Transfer ban for 12 months.
Ban the owners and force them to sell with Nigel Farage as adjudicator over new bids to ensure next ownership group is properly British.

stevoc

Same as Rangers relegated to the bottom of the pyramid and make them work their way back to the top. Legitimately this time, no financial doping.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Points deducted. Transfer ban and CL ban. That will = guardiola leaving. They’ll go down hill

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's this for me.

10 years of systemic cheating, they've denied us and Liverpool 3 titles each through their cheating, they've knocked teams out of the League Cup and FA Cup when they shouldn't have, they've prevented teams from making top 4 or Europe because of their cheating, they've bought players from other clubs who have struggled to replace them etc.

It's just had such a negative knock on effect for football, for example if Liverpool win the title in 2014 Rodgers doesn't get sacked the year later, same with Mourinho in 2018.

Fining them would mean absolutely feck all, it has to be a punishment that will really hurt. Relegation is the right punishment. They should really also be forced to sell up and get new owners because what's to say they don't just cheat in different ways.

Couldn’t have said it better, this is EXACTLY what should happen.

BuzzKillington

70 point deduction for this season and at the start of next. We need them to turn Arsenal over a couple of times this season. Plus the faintest glimmer of hope of staying up both seasons is what will really destroy them.

I’m only interested in them taking their titles off them if they start a concurrent investigation into the scousers asthma doping. Not having the dippers sweeping up 3 extra titles.

Chief123

Yes, we've skirted around the issue for years, knowing full well the likes of Pep, Aguero, De Bruyne and so forth could not be there without the unseen payments, but Haaland absolutely took the cake beings as - as you state - he was the hottest property in Europe. Investigating the case of his signing alone should be enough to bury them given half (at least) of it is not above board.
The whole doping was an incredibly poorly kept secret. Especially when financial figures showed City had more revenue than all the biggest clubs in the world. At that stage everyone knew it was ridiculous. Can’t even fill a small ground yet they apparently make the most money.

Drainy

15 point deducted from next season, banned from Europe for 2 seasons and their owners and directors should be banned from football for life

J2J

Have all of their squad distributed to the other 19 teams in the league via some sort of raffle. Pep has to draw the balls and must call out each shirt number with the corresponding bingo nickname.

youngrell

Relegation to bottom of the pyramid would be just, IMO.

Not sure about stripping titles but they shouldn’t hand them down to 2nd place for sure. If you go down that route, you should also take into consideration teams that got relegated etc too and it becomes a huge mess.

Nogbadthebad

Let the tax man have them.

Also, make them have loose lego pieces all over the floor of the changing room and showers for every training session and game for the next 5 years.

redshaw

They should be forced to play without a keeper for 10 years.

Then demolish Eastlands, rebuild Maine Road as it was and reinstall the gypsy's curse.

Robertd0803

Strip them of all titles and award to second place. I dont care if they've won them on the pitch and we were miles off them, the point is they shouldnt/wouldnt have been able to win in that manner without cheating. And yeah it benefits Liverpool as well so Im hardly just pro United in saying this.

Relegate to the lowest possible tier of English football.

Transfer window ban for years with an absolutley stupid points deduction.

Enforce a stupid amount of restrictions on them every time they so much as want to buy a box of teabags for the canteen.

Allow every single club English football club that were negatively impacted by them since 2009 to sue them for lost revenue/prize money etc.

The Premier League should then never allow them compete in the Premier League again considering how much theyve taken the piss out of the league.

BlackBen

Relegate them to the National league and force them to start three seasons in a row with a 20 point deficit. Force their owners to sell the club to Mike Ashley and ban them from signing any players for six seasons in a row.

stw2022

Sell us Foden and Grealish has to buy pair of shorts that fit

GBBQ

I’d prefer to see points deductions in cases like this. Fines mean nothing and won’t dissuade mega rich clubs from exploiting loop holes in the future.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i think their players should be forced to strip naked and marched through the streets of every city, town village or hamlet that contains, or has at one stage, contained, a football team. people will be allowed to get really close to their junk and look at it.

stw2022

If we're awarded anything retrospectively it'll mean feck all. I wouldn't want any punishment to effectively be a Wikipedia edit. Let them keep those titles, what's done is done. Deduct points and relegate them now.

stw2022

Nothing's going to happen, too much monies
Think that's been the problem to begin with. The league wouldn't have gone this far had thought this. Dropping it would be the easiest thing in the world. The CAS case provided perfect opportunity.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I am assuming allegations are proven.

Genuinely believe they should be thrown out and start again from the beginning. They have massively undermined the competition and their disregard for the rules of fair play has cost their competitors dearly.

Titles obviously revoked. Don't care about titles being granted or not to other clubs. Celebrating success that felt like second place at the time retrospectively with this much time passed is without value in my view.

There is no fine or punishment limited to a season that can make up for that. A punishent in this case also needs to be so severe that it makes people think twice before breaking it again. No fine will do that. Even if they were to be thrown into the championship then it wouldn't cover for their cheated positions taken from their competition. The harshest possible sentence should therefor be the right choice in my opinion.

Mind you i hope they make it back with time under new ownership. Having local rivals in a fair setting is good.

UpWithRivers

For every year they cheated even if it was a small infringement they get all trophies removed and a 1 year transfer ban and all earnings from winning trophies + tv rights as a fine. I think that's a fair punishment. Fine or even relegating them will at the most just fk them up for 1 season. I think most players and Guardiola will just stay and have a siege mentality.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
They should have the severest punishment of having Maguire and Lindelof as their first choice defence for 4 seasons.
That would be an improvement on their current pairing.

TheReligion

Abusive
For every year they cheated even if it was a small infringement they get all trophies removed and a 1 year transfer ban and all earnings from winning trophies + tv rights as a fine. I think that's a fair punishment. Fine or even relegating them will at the most just fk them up for 1 season. I think most players and Guardiola will just stay and have a siege mentality.
You think Pep and the likes of Haaland and Co will go without European football for a couple of years and play in the championship? How would City even afford their wages?

If they go down they’ll be a mass exodus

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A points deduction isn't enough. If you told their owners 12 years ago that eventually you're going to be rumbled and all that will happen is a 15 to 20 PTS deduction meaning you miss out on one league title....they would have bitten your hand off. What kind of deterrent is that?

The league titles and cups are all tainted now. None of them should count in the history of the league. Don't need to award them to runners up either. Just leave them as no winners / vacant.

Relegation to the championship should be a no brainer too. They can't be allowed to not suffer for this. 100+ breaches is simply outrageous.

UDontMessWith24

Honestly just dropped points. When this club’s head is on straight we have shown we can compete with them either way, and it’d be a shame to lose the MD. It’s the only thing that comes close to that feeling you get minutes before kickoff against Liverpool.

Andersonson

Get them out of the pyramide. Let their players sign for free anywhere they want. The only exception is Haaland, he must be forced to join us because they taken a title or two from us. Liverpool get the Emptihad for the same reasons.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Agreed. The biggest impact out of their cheating has to be the teams that have been relegated due to their financial doping. Look at QPR for example who got relegated on the day city won their first title. Some of these teams haven’t been able to return to the premier league since. The impact of their cheating has spread so far and wide.
They didn't get relegated

stw2022

Two year (four windows) transfer ban followed by a further three years (six windows) where net outgoings cannot exceed £15m per window

C'est Moi Cantona

It should be all, as in titles taken away, relegated, fines for the clubs they've impacted, etc, or nothing, as some token punishment is as good as letting them off completly.

padr81

Supports
Man City
A points deduction without a change in ownership is going to get nothing achieved. Lets say relegation to the championship, is that really gonna effect Abu Dhabi long term? 2 seasons (1 season in the championship and 1 rebuilding in the premier league) away from the top is nothing major in their goals for the club. If this sticks it has to come with a forced sale of ownership AND whatever else is handed out.