CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Is it too late to arrange Vertonghen's move to Liverpool in January so he could work his way through Salah, Mane and VVD's spouses and derail their title run?
I'll grant you Van Dijk, but Salah? Have you seen his wife? :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
From the fighting cock :lol:

'On reflection I think we all seriously underestimated how badly Bayern Munich took the loss of the Audi Cup.'

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
True, but considering there's really not an abudance of good coaches that speak German and would be willing to coach Bayern, let's stick to this coach for a while and see if we can make him into a good coach that stays longer than 3 years, eh? I'm stick and tired of having a new coach every few years.
It can't be denied, so far we're definitely looking better than last season. There's more structure and cohesion than before, at least going forward. I guess the appointment of Flick was one of the boards better ideas.
As there aren't any real alternatives on the current market anyway, I don't see a reason not to stick with him...for now.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
We were good under Redknapp. 4th place, CL quarters.

But yes, Pochettino massively improved us, and he's a fantastic coach. But it's just not working for him anymore and hasn't for a good while.
Pochettino might be in a similar situation to Klopp at the end of his Dortmund run.

Dortmund was at a relegation spot at the Winter break in Germany and Klopp was released. Not because he was a bad coach - but because his methods just didn't work anymore with the team after a really long and successfull time at Dortmund.

Similar to Pochettino, Klopp has also had the reputation as an eternal bridesmaid in Germany, before last years Champions League win.

So I'd figure that he'll recover from this bad season and Pochettino's next club might be in luck hiring him.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just watched the goals again. Don't think I've seen a game that contained so many quality goals. Granted, you don't see many games that contain that many goals, but the quality of them were superb.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Freak result. I mean, bayern were better on the whole deservedly won but look at the quality of the goals by kimmich, lewa and gnabry(the second and last ones). Aurier can't defend to save his life and gnabry went to town on him all night long, and of course spurs mentally gave up after the 5-2, but still. On another night they lose 3-1 and it looks much less appalling
Nah I think this is part of a larger issue at Tottenham. Look at their form since January:

Played 39
Won 17
Drew 5
Lost 17

They're as likely to lose a game as they are to win one since the start of 2019.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure what game to watch tonight. Toss-up between the scousers and the Barca vs Inter match.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Slavia chance

The Nani Tackle - No red? Where's Cakir cnut when u need one?

Overlook

I would’ve loved Brandt in the summer. He’s a good age and very talented. Dortmund got him for £20m.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Milik should've scored for Napoli by now. Missed some great chances.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli-genk has been surprisingly competitive. Napoli hit the post twice and had the better chances but genk have had a few good ones of their own

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sancho gets a free counter attack from the halfway line and manages to run the ball into their keeper. Despite his great numbers on paper, he hasn't been playing that well recently.

Bole Top

Messi in first 11 tonight :drool: it's been a while since I watched him. De Jong & Arthur also in the team, along with S. Roberto. I think it's gonna be a great game. 3-2 Barca.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That Lille and Chelsea game could be a good one to watch. Chelsea seem like a fun team to watch this year with the possibility of goals at either end. Anyone know how Lille are playing?

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well at least this should be settled now. Pathetic showing by Dortmund to be honest, glad to get the win. Feels a bit undeserved...

King Andow

Should be a fun one to watch:
Leipzig: Gulacsi; Konate, Upamecano, Orban; Laimer, Klostermann, Sabitzer, Haidara, Halstenberg; Poulsen, Werner.
Subs: Mvogo, Saracchi, Forsberg, Nkunku, Matheus Cunha, Mukiele, Demme.

Lyon XI: Lopes; Marcelo, Andersen, Marcal, Dubois; Thiago Mendes, Aouar, Tousart; Kone, Terrier, Depay.
Subs: Tatarusanu, Rafael, Dembele, Traore, Reine-Adelaide, Jean Lucas, Tete.