Class by Louis Van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Believe it or not, but Cleverley would do well in van Gaal's system, it's Fellaini (and probably Young, too) who would be out of United quicker than Andy Carroll was out of Liverpool when Rodgers came.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'd love for him to take over, a technical manager who endorses attacking football above all else, and won a league title with every club hes joined... the opposite of Moyes basically, unless you equate finishing 4th once (and still failing to get into the champions league that year) in 11+ years noteworthy, anyway... it won't happen, so I won't get my hopes up.... still the day when Moyes does get sacked... the feeling of joy and excitement at the news would, for me, be on par with winning the champions league.

Kakeru

I can't for one second think a United official met with him whilst we still have a manager in charge.
It would be massively unprofessional and surely not risked due to press getting a photo. It's absolute crap, but will give many on here a false dawn.
Sooner he signs for Spurs the better.
What are you talking about? Clubs from any discipline with a manager/coach in a precarious situation because of poor results will always meet other candidates in the background; I hope you're not that naive to believe there would be no talks at all considering the dire situation with the current manager. Of course, all stories related to it will be classified as rumors until any official announcement is made. I don't see how it would be unprofessional for executives in a company to sound the terrain and look for people to replace a failing employee.

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
If things have been done in the 'usual way' (if that's even what we can call it) then it would maybe cost £20million or more to sack David Moyes? If this is the case, then if van Gaal is bit of a low budget guy who wouldn't want to make a magnitude of changes, then this would suit the Glazers and that apparent £200million transfer kitty could be cut by that £20million~ and van Gaal could probably make better user of that £180million over a couple of seasons than Moyes could with £200million in one. Just my opinion there, though.

However, due to Moyes' history of doing nothing (other than making the Champions League once and losing out in the qualifying round), I have to believe that this six year mega deal has many stipulations where Moyes was well aware he could lose the job without being compensated the full amount of money that his contract would give him. It would be such a bad business decision to risk that much money on an unproven manager at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.