Class of 92: Out of their league

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
You remind me of a mate who was a pretty decent footballer at a local level. Brought him over to a game at Old Trafford. We got to the stadium early, watched the warm up and he pipes up "there isn't much between us and them is there? Bit of training and we can match them" we giggled a bit but he remained stern faced. He was bloody serious...

It is one thing to make a statement. It is another to put it into practice from 5 or 7 aside into a pressurised 11 aside environment where halftime cigarettes and nursing hangovers are not the norm
I actually don't think I could even come close to professional level like the Premier League or the Championship/League 1. Th speed with which they move the ball and do everything coupled with the size of the pitch they play on would show me limiting in a lot of my game. Also, they would run rings around me.

However, watching this game and seeing th pace at which they play and their standard technical skill, I would say the main difference between them and me would be fitness. They don't stand out at all really.

Spoony

The People's President
I actually don't think I could even come close to professional level like the Premier League or the Championship/League 1. Th speed with which they move the ball and do everything coupled with the size of the pitch they play on would show me limiting in a lot of my game. Also, they would run rings around me.

However, watching this game and seeing th pace at which they play and their standard technical skill, I would say the main difference between them and me would be fitness. They don't stand out at all really.
You're too young, 18? There's no chance you'd be able to match them for strength.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
You're too young, 18? There's no chance you'd be able to match them for strength.
Lots of 18 year olds who have the physicality to match these guys. Just look at Loftus-Cheek, who at the age of 17 was matching Yaya Toure for strength.

I'm 6'1" and 85kg. I would probably hold up fairly well against most of them.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
You remind me of a mate who was a pretty decent footballer at a local level. Brought him over to a game at Old Trafford. We got to the stadium early, watched the warm up and he pipes up "there isn't much between us and them is there? Bit of training and we can match them" we giggled a bit but he remained stern faced. He was bloody serious...

amazing.....at least at warm ups, training sessions etc. you realize how good top players are. I can understand that someone watches the game and thinks: feck, i could do that(of course he cant ) because sometimes the game looks pretty easy but when you see how much ahead they are in technical skill during warm ups and trainings you pretty soon realize that they are million years ahead of average joe's.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hell of a strike, that one. Would love a late winner here :drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I hope Neville reads the caf, if only he knew he could have had this game wrapped up just by PMing gol123 and getting him involved.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
amazing.....at least at warm ups, training sessions etc. you realize how good top players are. I can understand that someone watches the game and thinks: feck, i could do that(of course he cant ) because sometimes the game looks pretty easy but when you see how much ahead they are in technical skill during warm ups and trainings you pretty soon realize that they are million years ahead of average joe's.
Agreed. Watching players pull of incredible things in training often puts things into perspective.
I hope Neville reads the caf, if only he knew he could have had this game wrapped up just by PMing gol123 and getting him involved.
Sorry Nev if you're reading, my time is precious right now and you are below a list that includes a cheeky wank, mate.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It really was mental! Watching Rooney putting each effort on goal top corner from range, Nani also was terrific in the warm up. Just goes to show the pressure and organisation in the game environment then when they can ping it top corner at their leisure. Even Ando scored a few belters in the warm up!

Same goes for the Salford lads to be fair. Biggest game in their history right now. Looks can be deceiving if people think they are no better than a pub side

carlosp

Haven't gone through all the posts to see if this has been posted before but here's the documentaries.

Episode 1

Episode 2 (Note: Second half of this docu is the first episode again. Not sure why it was captured like that)

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Is there no thread for the cup? They're away to Hartepool in the replay. It's all Salford, but they haven't got their goal. Frustrating, but great watch.

rockerlad

I was at the play off final back in April as it was against my local side workington who I watch on a regular basis. Great game which we where totally in control of until we lost our best player to an injury. Workington where 1-0 up with 11 mins to go and ended up getting beat 2-1. Great day out and a great game apart from the result.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nicky Butt has been totally absent from both series so far. Probably because he is busy with United. Phil and Gary are the kind who get obsessed with everything they are involved with - must drive their wives crazy.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Would have preferred it if they showed it during last season since that is what it focuses on.
It does take a while to edit and all that to be fair. I mean United don’t release the season review dvd during the season, do they? ;)

top1whoisman

Scout
Ep 2 was aired yesterday, haven’t found in yet, but I think at least Full Matches and Shows should have it today.

top1whoisman

Scout
Good show. Them 2 managers scare the feck out of me
It’s also quite amazing that the intensity and excitement of the matches, especially the important ones - it feels like the scenes are scripted. Some big last minute winners there!

devil in me

I thought last nights episode was excellent. Wasnt too fussed on last weeks but last night was very good.
The managers are a pair of tits tho...

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Will there be more, coz that pretty much brings us up to beginning of this season. Or will we have to wait a year for series 3?

top1whoisman

Scout
Will there be more, coz that pretty much brings us up to beginning of this season. Or will we have to wait a year for series 3?
Was hoping that there'd be more, but yeah, apparently it was only a two-part series this one. Then again it would've been a bit boring to watch all of them on holidays. Guess they're checking whether people are still interested and hopefully end up making a 3rd season. If someone at the Caf watches them live they might be able to tell if the cameras are all over the place?

pascell

That Seddons gran has made more appearances than Giggs and Butt putt together so far.

Also, the manager that's not bald, his facial hair is worse than Darmians.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Fair play to them I suppose but I wouldn't swap it for the fan ownership model at FC.

Moor Lane used to be small and run down but had character. They should have worked on it and improved on what was good rather than simply replacing it with something that is fairly soulless.

peridigm

Where can I watch Class of 92: Full Time? Anyone have a link? It’s not made it to Netflix like the previous episodes.