Class of 92: Out of their league

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Starting to side with Roy Keane and his view that these guys have become their own ''brand''. Giggs made his United debut in 1991, so how is he in the Class of 92?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's nothing wrong with them becoming their own brand. People here find too many too things associated with United cringey and embarrassing.

Reactions: golden_blunder

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
There's nothing wrong with them becoming their own brand. People here find too many too things associated with United cringey and embarrassing.
Couldn't agree more, these are things that give us class and history, and set us apart from most other teams in the world. I can't understand why people don't get behind that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't see a problem with them being a 'brand'. They're investing sensibly, and using their name/reputation to a very good effect. It all seems to have a link to the club and the local area, and it's all 100% positive. It's better than them all retiring and blowing their money.

KM

I don't see a problem with them being a 'brand'. They're investing sensibly, and using their name/reputation to a very good effect. It all seems to have a link to the club and the local area, and it's all 100% positive. It's better than them all retiring and blowing their money.
No no you don't get it. Its cringe worthy that successful and thoroughly professional people are making money of their hard work.

Criticising Giggsy and Nev is in thing to do.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
No no you don't get it. Its cringe worthy that successful and thoroughly professional people are making money of their hard work.

Criticising Giggsy and Nev is in thing to do.
That is a very childish post and not one person has had a go at the work Giggs and Neville are doing at the moment

SirAF

Ageist
This.

I don't see any problem with Giggs and Phil Neville either - the fact that neither of them technically are a part of the "Class of 92" is just semantics, they are from the same generation. Class of 92 is catchy and a good name for a brand - can't understand why so many here find things with business to be "cringy" all the time.

diarm

The whole world is full of shite branding so I don't understand people feel the need to ciritcise 5 lads who were ultimate professionals throughout their career, and are capitalising on their relatively high profiles to do something decent and sensible for themselves and their local area?

If you aren't interested then don't read the articles or invest in their brand. People just enjoy complaining too much these days.

Oggmonster

Starting to side with Roy Keane and his view that these guys have become their own ''brand''. Giggs made his United debut in 1991, so how is he in the Class of 92?
You could argue Keane has become has own "brand" by making his contraversial comments in order to stay relevant. I don't mind them but I don't really mind the Class of 92 becoming a brand as such either. Nothing wrong with trying to make a bit more money. They all did a lot for the club and I can't see why anyone would begrudge them using a name because of it's history...the fact is they are the ones who made that history whether Roy Keane or others find it cringey!

.Rossi

I hate Liverpool football club, with an absolute passion. I wouldn't be arsed giving anyone at that club the time of day. Yet, they won 5 European cups in the past, have a glorious history on the pitch and their success at European level sets them aside from other English clubs.

Yet, some United fans will blow their nose with that and laugh at them for "living in the past" and "celebrating past glories" Well, what's the difference between that and celebrating a set of youth players from 23 years ago? The hypocrisy irritates me

Also, some of the crap that has been spouted since that film came out a while ago.
"Oh Phil always played behind Giggsy" - Eh no he didn't! That would be a man called Denis Irwin
"Oh Roy being suspended from the CL final was God's way of showing how good Nicky Butt was" - :lol: That was probably God's way of showing us he's not a red.

Also, you would swear they were the only reason for United's success the way people go on about them. Never mind the fact that players like Eric, Schmeichal, Keane, Ronaldo, RVN, to name a few, were actually there too.

I lived through all those players coming through. I saw them come into the first team and retire. I lived every second of it and loved it. But, as I stated above, it gets on my tits at times.

Also, I couldn't care less who builds a hotel in Manchester or who buys a football club....Why the hell would I hate anyone for that?!

KM

That is a very childish post and not one person has had a go at the work Giggs and Neville are doing at the moment
If you can't see the criticism that Nev and Giggs face on this site then you should probably read this site more carefully instead of looking at other forums and doing you know what.

.Rossi

If you can't see the criticism that Nev and Giggs face on this site then you should probably read this site more carefully.
As I stated above, why would I hate/criticise anyone for building a hotel? The suggestion is laughable and I've already posted above that irritates me

If other people are doing so, then I'm equally as baffled

.Rossi

If you can't see the criticism that Nev and Giggs face on this site then you should probably read this site more carefully instead of looking at other forums and doing you know what.
Oh I loved how you edited that in.

So because you disagree with me, you are allowed give me shit because you're a mod?

Grow up

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
A fine contribution. And not one of you have bothered even debating/arguing my point.

Class of 92 Is something you should be proud of rather than it getting on your tits.

95/96 will forever be my favourite title because of that reason

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
A fine contribution. And not one of you have bothered even debating/arguing my point.
You don't really have a coherent point. Closest thing is the one at the start of your name.

.Rossi

Class of 92 Is something you should be proud of rather than it getting on your tits.

95/96 will forever be my favourite title because of that reason
It never used to until that film came out in 2013 to be honest.

You don't really have a coherent point. Closest thing is the one at the start of your name.
"I hate Liverpool football club, with an absolute passion. I wouldn't be arsed giving anyone at that club the time of day. Yet, they won 5 European cups in the past, have a glorious history on the pitch and their success at European level sets them aside from other English clubs.

Yet, some United fans will blow their nose with that and laugh at them for "living in the past" and "celebrating past glories" Well, what's the difference between that and celebrating a set of youth players from 23 years ago? The hypocrisy irritates me

Also, some of the crap that has been spouted since that film came out a while ago.
"Oh Phil always played behind Giggsy" - Eh no he didn't! That would be a man called Denis Irwin
"Oh Roy being suspended from the CL final was God's way of showing how good Nicky Butt was" - :lol: That was probably God's way of showing us he's not a red.

Also, you would swear they were the only reason for United's success the way people go on about them. Never mind the fact that players like Eric, Schmeichal, Keane, Ronaldo, RVN, to name a few, were actually there too."

That is my post from above. I don't know how you can say I don't have a point. Especially with that first one.

"Oh I love the class of 92. Really sets United apart from other English teams. Good to celebrate class and history."
"What about Liverpool's five european cups?!"
"Bahahahahaha they live in the past and celebrate past glories and assume that gives them class. They are pathetic."

The quotes about Irwin and Butt are from the film in 2013. Both utter lies and insane.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
It never used to until that film came out in 2013 to be honest.

"I hate Liverpool football club, with an absolute passion. I wouldn't be arsed giving anyone at that club the time of day. Yet, they won 5 European cups in the past, have a glorious history on the pitch and their success at European level sets them aside from other English clubs.

Also, you would swear they were the only reason for United's success the way people go on about them. Never mind the fact that players like Eric, Schmeichal, Keane, Ronaldo, RVN, to name a few, were actually there too."

That is my post from above. I don't know how you can say I don't have a point. Especially with that first one.

"Oh I love the class of 92. Really sets United apart from other English teams. Good to celebrate class and history."
"What about Liverpool's five european cups?!"
"Bahahahahaha they live in the past and celebrate past glories and assume that gives them. They are pathetic."
Ah now that you've underlined it all, I understand you.

I don't think anyone seriously laughs at Liverpool fans purely for celebrating past glories. The only time I would properly laugh at them for it is if they used it as some sort of retort to our (at the time) current success. You know like after we win the CL in 2008 you get some Liverpool fans gloating "yeah well we've won it 5 times". That would be laughable. I don't think that is what people are doing with their love of the 'Class of 92'.

Also football banter doesn't always make the most sense.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Ok maybe things just upset you more than others?

Nicky Butt was a cracking player and a great back up for Roy Keane

I always loved Phil too

Also I never dismiss liverpools history either.

.Rossi

Ah now that you've underlined it all, I understand you.

I don't think anyone seriously laughs at Liverpool fans purely for celebrating past glories. The only time I would properly laugh at them for it is if they used it as some sort of retort to our (at the time) current success. You know like after we win the CL in 2008 you get some Liverpool fans gloating "yeah well we've won it 5 times". That would be laughable. I don't think that is what people are doing with their love of the 'Class of 92'.

Also football banter doesn't always make the most sense.
Ok maybe things just upset you more than others?

Nicky Butt was a cracking player and a great back up for Roy Keane

I always loved Phil too

Also I never dismiss liverpools history either.
I don't hate any individual from that bunch of players. I even like Robbie Savage. I do think Phil Neville is a bit of an idiot if I am being honest though.

I watched them all come through the first team and retire, be it with us or some other team.

I am proud of that fact they made it into the first team. It's a great story. Especially since we have produced feck all since from the academy.

However, those two quotes drive me insane from the film. The one's about Irwin and Butt.
The hypocrisy annoys me about Liverpool celebrating their past glories.
Phil wasn't part of the class of 92, yet he's shoe horned in for some reason.
And, their is a bit of revisionism in terms of their abilities at times. I liked Gary Neville as a player. Liked him a hell of a lot but, can easily make the case that Paul Parker was a far better player and he gets a serious booting on here at times.

As for what they're doing with Salford FC and this hotel or what Gary is doing on Sky or what Phil is doing in Spain or what brand Beckham is representing now, I honestly don't care. It doesn't affect me.

I only care about what Giggs and Butt do now as they are still at the club

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't hate any individual from that bunch of players. I even like Robbie Savage. I do think Phil Neville is a bit of an idiot if I am being honest though.

I watched them all come through the first team and retire, be it with us or some other team.

I am proud of that fact they made it into the first team. It's a great story. Especially since we have produced feck all since from the academy.

However, those two quotes drive me insane from the film. The one's about Irwin and Butt.
The hypocrisy annoys me about Liverpool celebrating their past glories.
Phil wasn't part of the class of 92, yet he's shoe horned in for some reason.
And, their is a bit of revisionism in terms of their abilities at times. I liked Gary Neville as a player. Liked him a hell of a lot but, can easily make the case that Paul Parker was a far better player and he gets a serious booting on here at times.

As for what they're doing with Salford FC and this hotel or what Gary is doing on Sky or what Phil is doing in Spain or what brand Beckham is representing now, I honestly don't care. It doesn't affect me.

I only care about what Giggs and Butt do now as they are still at the club
:lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think people are too annoyed with Liverpool (rightly, imo) celebrating their history. It's when they do it in an attempt to justify their relevance. Something which has ironically just secured them one of the best managers out there.

The only possible down side i've seen from this whole Class of 92 circle jerk is learning how meh some of them are as blokes. Everything else, as O2DS said, is only good.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Neither was Giggs was he, strictly speaking?
Not really no.

All a load of crap for me to be honest. I'll get shot down on here for saying it but, I find the whole thing cringey
Doesn't the Class of '92 refer to the 1992 FA Youth Cup winning team, of which Giggsy was the captain. Wasn't he? How on earth would he not be part of it?

Seveneric

Oh I thought this was another yawn worthy thread about how the class of 92 want Giggs to secretly take over United, so he can install them in important position and they can "destroy" the club.