Claudia Ranieri | United Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markorm

Is he even on the radar?

Is he just too much of a gamble/too old? The man who has brought a team to play the way they do, with that attitude and belief.

While not pulling up any trees he's managed something like 15 top clubs including juve, inter, atleti, valencia, chelsea....

He's %win rate isn't too shoddy in his later teams.

Would he be a fit at United, or is he just riding the fortunes of the fruits of his predesessors at Leicester and after this year we won't see anything more of him?

Sigma

Don't really want, I think he's just found a good fit and had an amazing season at Leicester. I think this season is the exception in his career. Would much rather Mourinho.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Giggs would probably love to be at her lead

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
No chance. C'mon...

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If this thread title ever changes I'm requesting in advance that the mods reset it back to Claudia again.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's an average manager imo. One good job out of 10 doesn't really change that. Besides, he's 64.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
But he will go down in history as the only manager to have ever become champions with a promoted club (in the year after promotion) ?
In the premier league sure. Clough did it beforehand, and Kaiserslautern did it in the Bundesliga in the late 90s. But I take your point, it's certainly a rare accolade. I'm not sure it makes up for X amount of average-ness however, and certainly doesn't put him in the frame for the United job imo.

Irrational.

It's interesting: people are wetting themselves at the thought of Pochettino but not Ranieri. The Leicester manager has arguably done better.

For me, no. He's already tried and failed at a big club.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This thread lost all credibility the moment the title changed. I'm out of here until it gets out back.

Clas Sified

No, he should stay and try build a legacy of sorts at Leicester; attempt to keep key players (Mahrez, Kante, Vardy etc.) and build upon this season's success.

A bit too old for the job as well, imho. After all, he is only 10 years younger than SAF.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's sensational these days but from experienced managers would take Ancelotti over Ranieri however it looks like Godfather Carlo will never be United manager.

Simeone, Mourinho or no one.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why outsource the manager job when he have loads of former players who manage - Strachan, Solskjaer, Bruce, Hughes, Keane, Giggs etc. If we run out of ideas we can always give the job to Eric.

Smores

I was wondering why we didn't have this thread the other day. He's an experienced manager and has done well in most of his jobs I just think he's simply too old for us.

You certainly don't deserve mock for the thread though. Should dig up the martinez thread and see which idiots wanted that fraud.

Someone

Something
Why outsource the manager job when he have loads of former players who manage - Strachan, Solskjaer, Bruce, Hughes, Keane, Giggs etc. If we run out of ideas we can always give the job to Eric.
I'd be on board that train even if it leads to relegation.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Odds are he was the right man in the right place at the right time this season. Once circumstances change he'll go back to being the pretty ordinary manager he has been up to now. Shouldn't be and isn't on our radar.

tomaldinho1

Finally, some sense :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
jeeze lads, chill out

he's about the win the PL so probably deserves a bit more respect

but in answer to the question, no, I think we need a younger manager

Status
Not open for further replies.