Clint Dempsey

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is he versatile though?

I'll admit to not having followed his career closely but every time I've watched him play he's been occupying the areas of the pitch that Rooney occupies. Only much more slowly. Can't really imagine him getting up and down a wing for 90 minutes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Indeed, it's almost as if they're under the impression that Park was the best player for a team that qualified for the CL semi finals and was the same for a side that got to the World Cup knockout stages before he came to us.
LOL you're arguing with me despite you yourself saying Park's been on a decline this season :o

Ash_G

Is he versatile though?

I'll admit to not having followed his career closely but every time I've watched him play he seems to play the exact same role, occupying the areas of the pitch that Rooney occupies. Only much more slowly.
I think he can play anywhere across the front accept for as the main striker. He's not good enough to be a part of the first 11 but I think he'd be a good choice for the fourth choice attacker role. He's experienced but still in his peak and can slot in as a straight swap for Rooney, which is something we need imo. Wether he would accept a squad role etc is a different matter. He's not top of my list but he'd do a job.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
LOL you're arguing with me despite you yourself saying Park's been on a decline this season :o
I assumed we were talking about Park as an overall player and Dempsey as an overall player, rather than him currently being the better player. lol oops.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is he versatile though?

I'll admit to not having followed his career closely but every time I've watched him play he's been occupying the areas of the pitch that Rooney occupies. Only much more slowly. Can't really imagine him getting up and down a wing for 90 minutes.
I remember him playing many positions, and whoscored.com says I'm right:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/16369/

Scroll to "playing positions".

Excal

Is he versatile though?

He's played all over the midfield for the US, as well as at second striker on occasion.

talking robot

Is he versatile though?

I've followed him through the U.S. national team, and he has been quite effective on the right wing in the past. He scored America's only goal in the 2006 world cup from there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNFyU-pukQE

So he could basically play as a second striker, as a right wing, or as a front player in a 4-3-3. I think it's a fair question as to whether or not he is United quality. He's right on the border in my opinion.