Clips of Fergie talking...

SER19

Some great stuff here, the clip from 93 really shows he had a clear vision for everything

AaronRedDevil

I can't wait to watch all these videos later. He's the one guy I could just listen to for hours. God I miss him so much.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I can't wait to watch all these videos later. He's the one guy I could just listen to for hours. God I miss him so much.
He's like that ultra safe dad you had that you'd count on and be assured that everything was alright for any given situation.

The kind that when you two are together in the car and he's driving in a muddy old road on a pitch dark rainy night and you'd trust him enough to put your head aside and take a small nap because you know that whatever the problems, you'd always be safe with him driving.

AaronRedDevil

He's like that ultra safe dad you had that you'd count on and be assured that everything was alright for any given situation.

The kind that when you two are together in the car and he's driving in a muddy old road on a pitch dark rainy night and you'd trust him enough to put your head aside and take a small nap because you know that whatever the problems, you'd always be safe with him driving.
Well, put. Always had 100% confidence whatever the problems, he'll get through it and get stronger. Like in his last season. Man City took the title. Fergie came back with a vengeance the following season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynne

What breaks my heart watching this is not just that he was a great motivator but that under him we had a certain way of playing and a never-say-die attitude to boot. That is what i miss about United. You just knew that 3-0 down we still had a fighting chance.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Blimey some of the transitions with Kanchelskis at 46mins.
Against smaller teams, you can see that we played a very direct method of attack. The focus was not on back/side passing. It was to get the ball from A to B as quickly as possible.
Obviously, against bigger teams, it wouldn't be so easy, so holding possession and being a bit more cagey would be more important, but against smaller team (like Brighton, for example), there is no excuse to be so scared to attack (and perhaps lose possession).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is my favourite video of the great man. What a mentality to have that perfectly captures why he was such a serial winner.
Remember Jose is also a serial winner and for me Jose was the natural successor to SAF.
I don't quite understand what has gone wrong with Jose that he has got our players fearing the likes of Brighton.

Smithy_123

Remember Jose is also a serial winner and for me Jose was the natural successor to SAF.
I don't quite understand what has gone wrong with Jose that he has got our players fearing the likes of Brighton.
I think Fergie's biggest strength was man management. He knew exactly how to treat each player to get the best out of him. He would be gentle with some and show tough love with others. It appears that Mourinho only really has one way of treating his players. I also struggle to see if Mourinho has adapted in anyway over the years.

Minimalist

Loved the clips from the Arsenal rivalry doc. Knew he swore but didn’t think he’d be the type to swear like a sailor. :lol:

Wish he there on Sunday.

“Some of our passin’ is fcukin’ scratchy! Get the passin’ fluid!” *glare*

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Against smaller teams, you can see that we played a very direct method of attack. The focus was not on back/side passing. It was to get the ball from A to B as quickly as possible.
Obviously, against bigger teams, it wouldn't be so easy, so holding possession and being a bit more cagey would be more important, but against smaller team (like Brighton, for example), there is no excuse to be so scared to attack (and perhaps lose possession).
You're right, it's transition and backing your man (Kanchelskis / Giggs) to do their opposite number or have the midfielders double up with the strikers, overload the box with bodies so the early cross is devastating.

PvsNP

SAF's team talk at Rooney's testimonial. God damn I miss him.

Davs

What a fantastic idea this thread is. Subbed for sure.

Can never get enough of the big dog talking.