Club Friendlies - Aston Villa vs Man United on 12/09/2020

Offsideagain

I hope that we beat Palace or the excuses will flow. Saw a headline that ‘United fans demand more signings after defeat at Villa’ . Well we always want more signings but the right signings. Paul Merson called Donny a ‘panic buy’. A panic buy with a month to go in the window ffs. Still need a quality Centre Half and Left Back in my view and as for Sancho, who do you drop to fit him in. Is he that good? £100m good?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I wonder if Palace fans thought the worst when they drew against Brondby the other week?

Did you see Palaces lineup against Millwall? How many played against Brondby?

Seriously, you are so negative its untrue, you are the match day thread personified....
Don't give a rats about the score so why bring that up. I care more about the minutes In legs. More than half of our team will be going into Palace game cold. That's far from ideal and you know it. Hopefully we can get over the line but I can see it being tougher due to what I have said.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't give a rats about the score so why bring that up. I care more about the minutes In legs. More than half of our team will be going into Palace game cold. That's far from ideal and you know it. Hopefully we can get over the line but I can see it being tougher due to what I have said.
Yes. The result doesn't matter, we have lost friendlies before, glad the ones who will be starters got minutes. Like you more concerned about the ones who have not been in internationals, but could be starters who aren't getting minutes.

Godfather

What these friendlies show is that half of these players starting aren't worth to put on our shirt. Lingard, James etc

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Europe League really did screw us to be honest. I knew we'd be starting this season well behind and very unfit.

Half of our first team players haven't even trained yet and we're playing a team that's already played a PL match next week :lol:

Prepare for a rocky start lads...

Wilt

You do realise that we were starting next week whether we played a friendly today or not... right?
Yes, which is unfortunate for us, pending how you view it. Personally I doubt the team gained much from that game

laughtersassassin

Hope our first team is back for next weekend
The Europe League really did screw us to be honest. I knew we'd be starting this season well behind and very unfit.

Half of our first team players haven't even trained yet and we're playing a team that's already played a PL match next week :lol:

And we haven't added to the squad in any real way to try close the gap.

Thiagoal

I very much doubt it’ll be as bad as you’re suggesting! It’s not like we’ve had a few months off- we only just finished the Europa a few weeks ago. We’ll be fit and rested and raring to go!

Nori-

On the bright side this loss might give the owners a kick up the ass in signing Sancho and a LB/CB with our first game fast approaching.

ti vu

I very much doubt it’ll be as bad as you’re suggesting! It’s not like we’ve had a few months off- we only just finished the Europa a few weeks ago. We’ll be fit and rested and raring to go!
At the end of last season, and well into Europa League, we looked knackered.

There was not much rest as quite some of our players had their international duties, and other issues.

In normal circumstances, it takes weeks for a proper pre season after the summer break, and even so, not always team would be in tip top shape, come first couple months of the season.

Now we either don't have proper pre season this time, nor IMO enough rest between the two seasons.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's the only hope, a few of the lads have played some international matches like Bruno/Greenwood/De Gea.

Worrying that lindelof is apparently already fatigued!? :houllier:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That's the only hope, a few of the lads have played some international matches like Bruno/Greenwood/De Gea.

Worrying that lindelof is apparently already fatigued!? :houllier:
Lindelof didn’t play the second Sweden game due to fatigue during international break. It is slightly worrying as you say. The season hasn’t even started yet...

izec

could have played the kids and reserves, which i suggested to stay fresh for this season. But Ole went for the trophy.

No Love

What these friendlies show is that half of these players starting aren't worth to put on our shirt. Lingard, James etc
Sad thing is, we’ll see plenty more of them this season. They’re not going anywhere.

Hoof the ball

Why? There's 3 first-teamers in there, 4 at a push
I think it's clear that people aren't concerned with the first IX. It's the dramatic drop in quality from the first IX to the bench that's concerning. We have the first IX to push for top two; but the fatigue and lack of quality from the bench will result in us dropping points and not being able to maintain that push.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Does anyone on this forum have MUTV? That's crazy if noone does :lol: