Club Friendlies - Aston Villa vs Man United on 12/09/2020

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well there you go. Nobody got the line up right. Who knows what actually happened in the game.
Ian Taylor is an ex Villa player and staff. I doubt of he got it wrong.

Not that the result means anything at all

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: well that would be a nice surprise I nearly didnt watch. Anyways pre season friendly results don't really matter. Looking forward to seeing VDB

to be fair he only tweeted the first goal and didnt say anything after that - he either got told off or didnt want to tweet that united scored.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People are losing their shit about this today?

Wow.
Nope. Nobody cares about the result. People are concerned about the bigger Picture. No pre season at all for most of our better players going into Palace game. That's my worry. Couldn't give a monkeys if we win or lose friendlies. They mean nothing. It's about minutes in legs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
From this, "has been" should mean he's still in Portugal.
Yeah it should mean he's still there otherwise it would be has been to Portugal. He should have said "is in Portgual" or "has been in Portugal since...."

That would make it clearer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not sure why people in Twitter care so much about the result, whatever the result doesn't matter. Even individual performance is useless, it's a friendly game the point is for fitness.

However, I will be very surprised if we even get 3-1 in 2nd half based on "different team were out". Grant, Williams, Garner, Mengi, Galbraith, Elanga were our bench, unless if Aston Villa played their full 2nd team in 2nd half.

ChaddyP

He didn't tweet the final score. All he did was 1 tweet saying Watkins scored during a time of media block out and hasn't said a thing since.

All I'm saying we really have no clue what happened other than his tweet which may be taking the piss like we all were during the time the game was playing

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Don't give a rats about the score so why bring that up. I care more about the minutes In legs. More than half of our team will be going into Palace game cold. That's far from ideal and you know it. Hopefully we can get over the line but I can see it being tougher due to what I have said.
It's funny because alot of these players played a few days ago in international competitive games, so fitness isn't an issue at all.
But I see your point, three weeks without playing together must mean that you lose all cohesion the team has built up, I mean god forbid they don't train together!
I see your issue, but I believe having a three week break from playing together isn't going to be that much of a problem, is it ideal? No, but ask yourself, you wanted the players to have a rest, they have had that rest, now you are saying you want several pre season games, which is it you actually want?

AshRK

Maybe Sancho debuted today and they want to keep that a surprise. Subscribe to MUTV and find out.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He didn't tweet the final score. All he did was 1 tweet saying Watkins scored during a time of media block out and hasn't said a thing since.

All I'm saying we really have no clue what happened other than his tweet which may be taking the piss like we all were during the time the game was playing
I don't know why people are getting so worked about a fecking friendly behind closed doors

Dante

Average bang
Im so confused. Can anyone TLDR what's going on with this match?
Somebody tweeted we'd lost 1-0. It resulted in 11 pages of ill-formed conclusions and moaning.

Then somebody tweeted we'd actually won 3-1. It resulted in tumbleweed.

Nobody knows the full story yet.

diarm

Somebody tweeted we'd lost 1-0. It resulted in 11 pages of ill-formed conclusions and moaning.

We definitely lost 1-0. Then MUTV leaked that 3-1 rumour to try and get people to tune in later on.

lysglimt

Scout
usually - I try to avoid the result the few times I cant watch the game live. This is the first time - like 7 hours after the game nobody knows with certainty the result and who played

klsv

At this point I'm not even going to believe what I'll see. Could be CGI for all we know. Sucks to live in a society.

ChaddyP

I don't know why people are getting so worked about a fecking friendly behind closed doors
I'm getting "worked up" over miss information. I hate It . Do I care if we lost a friendly no. Do I care when people throw out wrong information as if it were fact... absolutely

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Literally no one knows. Only thing confirmed was the line up. Game shows at 10 pm

Thanks! Weird indeed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Listen laddie, I need to be outraged before going to bed and therefore I demand the score of that friendly. And I want it now!