g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tends to be the case with multi-billionaires, funny enough. Wouldn't be surprised if he drives an old beat-up Honda.
It’s the equivalent of when an experienced medical consultant drops the Dr and goes back to Mr/Mrs/Miss

Pughnichi

So apparently since the day he took over he has increased his net worth by 1B

surely the club is classed as an asset.

so he bought 27% and has risen 1B. Does that not value the club at less than 4B then?

And the glazers were reported wanting 6B for complete sale. I’m sure it’s not that straight fwd though right

Last edited:

big_jeffstar

Every time I see an article about INEOS it gives me greater confidence in the direction they’re headed, standards have been slipping for way too long,
But I can’t help but worry about how this stuff constantly finds its way out to the press, Internal e-mails should be kept internally really

Adz_99

Absolutely love to see this kind of thing.

The complete erosion of standards at the club has been shocking. In the 20 years of Glazer ownership United has gone from the absolute pinnacle of professional sporting excellence to a shambles on and off the pitch.

The Glazers neglect of the club is disgraceful. I've never known a more incompetent rabble of charlatans. Wouldn't trust them to run a local corner shop never mind the biggest football club in the world. I know he's big on PR but the difference between a real businessman like Ratcliffe and Malcolm Glazers children is night and day.

Acquire Me

I really like that Ineos doesn't just address and change the big and obvious problems, but turns over every stone. I'm guessing there are a lot of nervous and irritated employees at the club now. May it continue.

So incredibly happy that Ineos won.

Yakuza_devils

It makes me wonder what the feck Ed, Arnold and Murtough were doing here for so long. They didn't do anything right for the club at all. Bloody Glazer's stooges.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Every time I see an article about INEOS it gives me greater confidence in the direction they’re headed, standards have been slipping for way too long,
But I can’t help but worry about how this stuff constantly finds its way out to the press, Internal e-mails should be kept internally really
What is it, 1,000 employees? Everyone knows what a big news story every single thing the owners do is.

Not sure what can be done to prevent it, unfortunately

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I really like that Ineos doesn't just address and change the big and obvious problems, but turns over every stone. I'm guessing there are a lot of nervous and irritated employees at the club now. May it continue.

So incredibly happy that Ineos won.
Marginal gains. ;)

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
They sure have a great link with the media. All these messages about how they are really doing everything to change te culture at the club is coming out for good PR of course.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
That reads like something he quickly banged out on his phone as soon as he got into his car. I like that

Vidooq

I honestly can not wait to see how all these changes will affect the club, and the results on the pitch. INEOS so far have employed the right people for every position at United, are saying all the right things in media, but the real test will be this summer transfer window, which players they will buy, sell, and what they will do with thr coach, which will show us what they are about.

I also read a tweet the other day about the other INEOS sporting investments, and let's say, they surely do raise an eyebrow when it comes down to having continuous success.

I hope United is their icing to the cake, and they will do whatever it takes to make it successful.

Purchases OGC Nice at start of 19/20 season. Average finish position in 4 seasons pre-purchase: 5.5, average finishing position in 4 seasons post-purchase: 7.25.

Purchases Team Sky in 2019. 4 Tour de France wins in 5 years pre-purchase, 1 Tour de France win in 5 years post-purchase.

Purchases 33% stake in Mercedes F1 team at end of 2020. 3 WDC's in 3 seasons pre-purchase, 0 WDC's in 3 seasons post-purchase.

onemanarmy

I honestly can not wait to see how all these changes will affect the club, and the results on the pitch. INEOS so far have employed the right people for every position at United, are saying all the right things in media, but the real test will be this summer transfer window, which players they will buy, sell, and what they will do with thr coach, which will show us what they are about.

I also read a tweet the other day about the other INEOS sporting investments, and let's say, they surely do raise an eyebrow when it comes down to having continuous success.

I hope United is their icing to the cake, and they will do whatever it takes to make it successful.
It's all very relative isn't it?

Nice is doing just fine after couple of years.

Team Sky had the best grand tour rider in the world back then. They replaced Froome with Bernal who had an almost fatal crash after winning the Tour and Giro. If that fall didn't happen, he could have had couple more. There is also the supremacy of Tadej Pogacar. They now have some of the biggest talents in the world, and world class riders such as Pidcock.

Dont follow F1 so can't comment on that.

Dan_F

It's all very relative isn't it?

Nice is doing just fine after couple of years.

Team Sky had the best grand tour rider in the world back then. They replaced Froome with Bernal who had an almost fatal crash after winning the Tour and Giro. If that fall didn't happen, he could have had couple more. There is also the supremacy of Tadej Pogacar. They now have some of the biggest talents in the world, and world class riders such as Pidcock.

Dont follow F1 so can't comment on that.
Well for a start, Ineos are an investor. They have literally feck all to do with car design and performance of the team. Plus anyone who knows anything about F1 knows that it goes in cycles now.

DownRiver

That's what I like to see

I remember they had went to look at land in Manchester where they could build a new training ground. They even hired the person who helped build Leicester city’s state of the art training ground.

Seems like they are going for the cheaper option and paving over cracks. At least they are paving some cracks which is better than nothing.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Seems like they are going for the cheaper option and paving over cracks. At least they are paving some cracks which is better than nothing.
Never understood why they would leave Carrington. Huge area. Should be able to make that work.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
10 years late but better now than ever I guess. Finally some people who have the right mindset

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It makes me wonder what the feck Ed, Arnold and Murtough were doing here for so long. They didn't do anything right for the club at all. Bloody Glazer's stooges.
Murtough was hiring data analysts.

Revan

Assumptionman
Haha.. data analysts and then make shrewd transfers signings like Antony 80M, Casemeiro 70M, Mount 60M, Onana 50M and even Hojlund 70M.
Almost as impressive as when Moyes modernized the scouting, bought them iPads and then signed Fellaini.

Or when we scouted 500 right backs and then signed AWB.

But nothing beats us proclaiming that we want to hire the best DoF, scouted all of them to somehow realize that we already have the best in class, John Murtough.

This club is a parody of itself.

Telsim

The time for walking is fast approaching. Some might say it has even arrived.

Cloud7

Arguably the best football owners/presidents in the last 20 years have been Roman and Florentino.

Would either of them have allowed a managerial performance like this to continue?

DownRiver

Bring Dougie Freedman in!

Newcastle will get an upgrade with Dougie Freedman.

Dan_F

I don’t even know how they can begin to judge the players at the moment. Apart from the obvious ones like Casemiro, you can make excuses for almost all of the team. I feel like I genuinely don’t have a clue if Hojland is any good. Same with Garnacho.

I also can’t see how they can possible convince anyone to take the likes of Antony off us. This is probably the lowest I’ve felt about our chances of getting back to the top for a long time. It might genuinely be a good five years or so, and that’s if we finally make some right decisions on incoming players.

Yakuza_devils

The responsible thing to do now is to sack the manager. Give it to McLaren for the FA Cup. Lift the spirit and confidence of the team to at least have a slim chance for FA Cup.