Club Ownership

idek2346

Upgrades to Carrington are always welcome. Thank you INEOS for moving the club forward in the right direction.

saivet

I think if they decide to keep ETH, next season has to be a good one, otherwise I think Ineos and Wilcox's reputations will take a massive hit.

Interesting to see what they will do but at this stage, I suspect we will bring in Tuchel. If it doesn't go well with Tuchel, the excuse can be that it's the start of a new era etc. - I just don't think the excuses are there for ETH.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think if they decide to keep ETH, next season has to be a good one, otherwise I think Ineos and Wilcox's reputations will take a massive hit.

Interesting to see what they will do but at this stage, I suspect we will bring in Tuchel. If it doesn't go well with Tuchel, the excuse can be that it's the start of a new era etc. - I just don't think the excuses are there for ETH.
I 100% agree. Imagine how stupid they will look if they keep him on (after this disastrous season) and then end up sacking him before Christmas? It will be another season unnecessarily written off.

SAF is the GOAT

I don't think it will improve significantly only because we have very injury-prone players and I don't think it will get better, especially with the many upcoming pre-season games and Euros

saivet

I don't think it will improve significantly only because we have very injury-prone players and I don't think it will get better, especially with the many upcoming pre-season games and Euros
I tend to agree but the optics won't look good for them if they keep ETH and sack him mid season or if he sees out his last season like this one.

CM

Those reports sound encouraging but I hope it actually materialises into something. We've heard similar stories before.

With the 'flexible approach' in mind, I hope that means a greater chance of cashing in on somebody like McTominay. 2 years left on his contract, 27 years old and had his best goalscoring season. Perfect time to sell.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hopefully we'll be a bit more active on it than just "listening".

Roboc7

Those reports sound encouraging but I hope it actually materialises into something. We've heard similar stories before.

With the 'flexible approach' in mind, I hope that means a greater chance of cashing in on somebody like McTominay. 2 years left on his contract, 27 years old and had his best goalscoring season. Perfect time to sell.
Mctominay is one of a large number of players in a similar scenario. Their contracts expire at some point over next two years and you don’t want to renew them so you’ve either got to start selling or lose them for nothing.

Have to break the cycle of renewing contracts and then being unable to sell.

CM

Mctominay is one of a large number of players in a similar scenario. Their contracts expire at some point over next two years and you don’t want to renew them so you’ve either got to start selling or lose them for nothing.

Have to break the cycle of renewing contracts and then being unable to sell.
Yeah, the difference with McTominay is we know there has been concrete interest before and we've already turned down offers of substance for him. He's probably the only player we could theoretically sell who might have added value to his fee this season as well, so he should be an easy sell.

Roboc7

Yeah, the difference with McTominay is we know there has been concrete interest before and we've already turned down offers of substance for him. He's probably the only player we could theoretically sell who might have added value to his fee this season as well, so he should be an easy sell.
Yes he should be easy to sell for a decent fee and would then help bring in more players. Just be interesting to see if likes of Lindelof and AWB will be sold and replaced. You don’t want to give new contracts to either of those, can leave for free next summer but not going to get much for them now and only so many players can be brought in.

CM

Yes he should be easy to sell for a decent fee and would then help bring in more players. Just be interesting to see if likes of Lindelof and AWB will be sold and replaced. You don’t want to give new contracts to either of those, can leave for free next summer but not going to get much for them now and only so many players can be brought in.
I'm pretty sure Lindelof will be sold. Wan-Bissaka is maybe a bit more 50-50, probably depends on the fee.

Zen86

The fact that INEOS have been prioritising management team hires and not knee jerking on the football side suggests it’s not going to be a quick process. Expect next season to be “steps in the right direction”.

Yakuza_devils

The fact that INEOS have been prioritising management team hires and not knee jerking on the football side suggests it’s not going to be a quick process. Expect next season to be “steps in the right direction”.
I'm all for "steps in the right direction" next season. We have been repeating this forever, we must see improvement with modern style of play. We have had enough of counter attacking football with different variations from Moyes, Jose, Ole and ETH.

Next season should be reset again for rebuild. Bring in new manager and signs some up and coming young players with good attitude. Get rid of all the problematic players. If this can be implemented, it's already a good start under Ineos.

Zen86

I'm all for "steps in the right direction" next season. We have been repeating this forever, we must see improvement with modern style of play. We have had enough of counter attacking football with different variations from Moyes, Jose, Ole and ETH.

Next season should be reset again for rebuild. Bring in new manager and signs some up and coming young players with good attitude. Get rid of all the problematic players. If this can be implemented, it's already a good start under Ineos.
There aren’t really any standout managerial candidates that I can see, and we’re going to struggle to shift a lot of the players we want rid of. Add to that the asking price goes up for any player we show interest in. There will no doubt be a bit more frustration yet to come.