Club Ownership

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wasn’t our DNA counter attacking football? Or that’s what we was known for under Fergie, I think since peps come he’s changed the way football is played. With his possession based style… it’s good for teams to have more than 1 style of playing… Solskjær tries to get us to play a more possession based style but he struggled to break teams down and our best football was still played using counter attacking. If we want to move to a possession based style then we need new wingers and technical midfielders and defenders. Players like Rashford have always been best at countering.
I think counter attacking is the easiest to coach and you can rely more on individual abilities however these days it might get you into top four but it won’t win you the league. You need to be able to comfortably control games with the ball at your feet.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn’t our DNA counter attacking football? Or that’s what we was known for under Fergie, I think since peps come he’s changed the way football is played. With his possession based style… it’s good for teams to have more than 1 style of playing… Solskjær tries to get us to play a more possession based style but he struggled to break teams down and our best football was still played using counter attacking. If we want to move to a possession based style then we need new wingers and technical midfielders and defenders. Players like Rashford have always been best at countering.
As annoying as it is to admit it, the way Klopp had Liverpool playing is largely what I think of in regards to Man Utd style football in todays game. Still dominating the ball by and large, but a bit more direct and aggressive than Pep's possession style.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I have a feeling we will install this world class management structure and then it’ll be relative austerity with the playing staff for the foreseeable until we get the debt under control. It’s nearly a billion now and we haven’t even touched the facilities. Possibly bringing in one or two Rasmus type players (youngsters with world class potential) a season until we get a handle on the debt and fully streamline scouting and data and cut out repeatedly making expensive mistakes. I think this summer we will sell surplus assets from the squad for rock bottom prices, rip it up and start again next year using free transfers, youth and possibly some crafty loans. I think we will also start seeing more aggressive loans within the multi cub system to raise value and interest in our youth prospects. We won’t hold onto every young player until it’s totally clear they aren’t going to make it here. That’s a major money spinner for big clubs around us and should be for us too. We could have sold Lingard McT Henderson Williams and so on for good money if we had any half decent handle on the market
The debt has no bearing on the FFP rules.
The FFP rules apply to the Operating Statements. I'm not sure what the issues are with Everton and Forest.
But City are fecked because they falsified the statements.

I said before it will take 3 to 5 years before we start winning the title. But SJR is making huge strides in the structure he is setting up. So it will be sooner.
Once we start winning, we will dominate the English game.

As for the debt. It will be absorbed by INEOS. But it would be diluted by the Management Fees INEOS will charge the Glazers.

tjb

As annoying as it is to admit it, the way Klopp had Liverpool playing is largely what I think of in regards to Man Utd style football in todays game. Still dominating the ball by and large, but a bit more direct and aggressive than Pep's possession style.
We never were a counter attacking outfit, at least until 2008. We had great counter attacks, but our game plan wasn't to counter attack. We relied heavily on wing play for our attacks and were focused on stretching the pitch to open up the opposition and bombard them with numbers from deep.

ForeverRed1

It's pretty complicated, he's the largest single shareholder and also the largest single % of the voting power of said shares (I think, once fully invested it's ~30%) with the largest of the Glazer's being around 18-25%, so in order to get a majority on any shareholder level decision he'll need to get the consent of one or more Glazer to get something passed. But he seems to be of the opinon that he's got them all onside enough that there won't be any need to just squeak by with a 51% vote at this time.
Very complex deal, let’s just hope he can buy them out eventually.

pascell

The debt has no bearing on the FFP rules.
The FFP rules apply to the Operating Statements. I'm not sure what the issues are with Everton and Forest.
But City are fecked because they falsified the statements.

I said before it will take 3 to 5 years before we start winning the title. But SJR is making huge strides in the structure he is setting up. So it will be sooner.
Once we start winning, we will dominate the English game.

As for the debt. It will be absorbed by INEOS. But it would be diluted by the Management Fees INEOS will charge the Glazers.
Management fees?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just seen an article that says we’re now the 2nd richest team in the prem. Newcastle obviously top. I’d of had city above us aswell.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
And what are your thoughts on Jassim never providing proof of funds? Never actually meeting with the Glazers?

SJR got asked a question on Jassim and answered it. If Jassim really wanted to acquire United, he would have put the money up.
All the craven twits in here begging to have the soul ripped from the club.

Loon

:lol:
I do like his statement about this not being a business deal, but one from the heart.

BarstoolProphet

Just seen an article that says we’re now the 2nd richest team in the prem. Newcastle obviously top. I’d of had city above us aswell.
City certainly have access to more wealth (quite possibly more than Newcastle too) and it's incredibly hard to estimate a proper net worth for a GCC royal.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think counter attacking is the easiest to coach and you can rely more on individual abilities however these days it might get you into top four but it won’t win you the league. You need to be able to comfortably control games with the ball at your feet.
I have a feeling he wants Guardiola. May even have a deal in place already. I hope not. I’d like to see ETH get a decent crack at this. Also I wonder about the move against Newcastle… I know this guy is supposed to be the dogs kitbag, but it seems a little pointed.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
When are we expecting his United interview to be released. Didn't think they'd hold on to it for a full day after teasing it yesterday.

Stinkypete

It was stated several times during the process of the club being purchased that the debt will no longer be on United's books.
So the club will be debt free.
Pretty sure that was in the event of a full sale. There's a reason no-one asked about the debt in the interviews yesterday. They were probably briefed not to bring it up.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Guys when you say Gary owns this or that, it's worth taking a look at what he actually does own. What share he has in these things and who really is funding and running these projects. It isn't Gary.
Of course he doesn't fund or run projects, he's one of the bosses, he makes decisions for the minions to carry out, either by himself or with the other owners, and considering what he owns either in full or in part he's patently good at it

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Because it might be good news? hahahahaha
Not really, the increase is revenue not profit and the profit will probably be needed to service the debt which will likely have gone up with higer interest rates