Cody Gakpo: Finish The Story

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Both of these were our priority signings, Nunez top of the list in the summer, Gakpo about 5th in the summer list, but top of the Jan list. We could have easily signed these two players instead of liverpool. Not every signing hits the ground running, not every signing works out, but why laugh at buying two players we would have bought if our club was run competently?
Based on what?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s hilarious how smug they were when they had “beaten” us to the signing of Gashpoo. It’s all went quiet now.
The silliest thing is that there's not a chance he even gets into their starting line-up when Jota and the other fella are back anyway!

mu4c_20le

Thought he was shite. That's 150 million down the drain for him and Nunez.

Remember the geese

Both of these were our priority signings, Nunez top of the list in the summer, Gakpo about 5th in the summer list, but top of the Jan list. We could have easily signed these two players instead of liverpool. Not every signing hits the ground running, not every signing works out, but why laugh at buying two players we would have bought if our club was run competently?
If we were run competently, our strategy wouldn't have consisted purely of 'Hey, Erik! Who do you think we should try and sign?'

Also, 5th isn't a priority signing. We didn't have any money to spend in January, so Gakpo wasn't a possibility.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What’s even more silly is they’ve spend £125m on these two duds up front when they’re screaming out for new midfielders.
That is the utterly inexplicable thing.
Guess they panicked at first Mane being off and then at the injuries for Gahkpo.

It'd have been interesting to see what would have happened if they'd just renewed Mane for higher wages and not signed either. Couldn't have been worse could it!?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair it was equivalent to the absolute meltdown in here when we didn't sign him
Never understood why. He is alright but I don’t see him being any better than Depay, who is fairly average himself.

Ekeke

Havent seen the match but with 2 key passes and 2 dribbles there are at least some signs of life that he'll do okay after a terrible start at Liverpool. Before he didnt even have that

T_Model101

If they were smart they would cut their losses ASAP, Robbie Keane style
Just doesn't seem cut out for the PL

prateik

Havent seen the match but with 2 key passes and 2 dribbles there are at least some signs of life that he'll do okay after a terrible start at Liverpool. Before he didnt even have that
I havent seen it either.. but Wolves got a 2 goal lead and sat back the 2nd half.. That gives attacking players time to pick a pass or run at the defenders..

Robbie Boy

From the limited amount of him that I had seen; I wasn't impressed when we were linked with him. I've no idea why anyone is shocked that he's not doing well; he looks miles off being a top level player.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
My word he's terrible. Have the media jumped on him like they have with Antony?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The most mental thing about this geezer is - for quite literally no reason whatsoever - so many of our fans assumed he would somehow be able to play as a no.9 and be a serious option for us.

cyberman

The price is irrelevant considering their other dud Núñez cost the same as Antony and they don’t seem to call him out either.
And Grealish exists as well. I’ll still argue Antony isn’t even performing badly and has picked up over the last month.
It’s insane

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The commentator was doing the same for Antony at the weekend. “Do you think Antony has been treated a bit unfairly? He has quality, he’s young, etc.”. This is before he even got into the game. It definitely seems a bit forced, but my guess is it’s a response to the bullying they’re getting on social media. Established are trying to act as the counterweight and show these new players that not everyone associated with the league is reactionary and / or cruel.
Liverpool get the easiest ride of Prem teams from the media

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
One of the worst premier league starts I've seen from an Eredivisie player. Yes he joined an abhorrent Liverpool side, but fecking hell Cody, atleast look like you're trying. Always irked me with him, his complete lack of intensity. Punch TAA in the cock and claim that free kick or corner. He had fecking amazing corners at PSV, but here he just watches as Trent fecks up corner after corner looking like an insecure numpty in the box where he brings feck all despite his size.

He's the anti Dirk Kuyt.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Honestly have no idea what he's supposed to be bringing to their team. He doesn't seem to have any stand out skill set.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The price is irrelevant considering their other dud Núñez cost the same as Antony and they don’t seem to call him out either.
Price is relevant and I think you are being hyper vigilant about criticism of Antony tbh. It's no worse than what Nunez is getting who is getting absolute pelters all over social media for being shite and a huge waste of money (even though I'd argue he has shown more potential so far than Antony has). All this proves is that big money signings are a huge risk and almost always don't work.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
The most mental thing about this geezer is - for quite literally no reason whatsoever - so many of our fans assumed he would somehow be able to play as a no.9 and be a serious option for us.
Only because he smashed a few goals in against bang average national team sides in a 2 striker partnership. I've always been against the Gakpo transfer and I'm happy Liverpool got him instead of us. He's got potential and he might be succesful later on, but if there's one team I'd stay away from it's PSV. I really have to think long and hard about what players they produced that actually succeeded at the absolute highest level. Wijnaldum I think, but even he had to work his way up from Newcastle. Depay was a flop although he has a decent career. Lozano isn't all that. Bergwijn was a flop. Malen was a flop. I doubt Madueke will be a star for Chelsea but we'll see.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Only because he smashed a few goals in against bang average national team sides in a 2 striker partnership. I've always been against the Gakpo transfer and I'm happy Liverpool got him instead of us. He's got potential and he might be succesful later on, but if there's one team I'd stay away from it's PSV. I really have to think long and hard about what players they produced that actually succeeded at the absolute highest level. Wijnaldum I think, but even he had to work his way up from Newcastle. Depay was a flop although he has a decent career. Lozano isn't all that. Bergwijn was a flop. Malen was a flop. I doubt Madueke will be a star for Chelsea but we'll see.
RVN?

The Neville wears Prada

Gakpo, Nunez, Keita.... They have not been particularly shrewd in the transfer market in recent times. Their midfield is horrendous!

Rockets Redglare

As shit as Nunez is he at least puts some effort in. Gakpo looks as average a footballer as I’ve seen in the premier league, he looks miles off the pace and I haven’t seen a glimpse of anything in his game that will change that.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Yeah 20 years ago. Ji Sung Park and Alex were also terrific and so was Van Bommel, but that PSV died long ago. They produce nothing special anymore and haven't done so for a decade.

kaku06

All those posters who wanted us to buy him. Hang your heads in shame. Never rated him and thank god Liverpool bought him. I celebrated his transfer to them.

crossy1686

career ending
All those posters who wanted us to buy him. Hang your heads in shame. Never rated him and thank god Liverpool bought him. I celebrated his transfer to them.
It's wild that someone can score 16 goals in the Dutch league and a couple in the WC against players that don't play at top flight and then be worth £40m

InfiniteBoredom

It's wild that someone can score 16 goals in the Dutch league and a couple in the WC against players that don't play at top flight and then be worth £40m
Not really a surprise. Buying from there is always a bit of a crapshoot, you can get a Luis Suarez or Jozy Altidore.