Cody Gakpo: Finish The Story

RonaldoVII

Interesting to see how much he plays when everyone is fit.

Also interesting they bought to fix short term attacking options when their midfield is old/injury prone and lacking depth.

zaafi

Interesting to see how much he plays when everyone is fit.

Also interesting they bought to fix short term attacking options when their midfield is old/injury prone and lacking depth.
Because it is a smart transfer even if they're lacking in other areas, similar to us. When a player like him is available for £40m, you get him. If Martial gets injured, which is very likely, Rashford will have to play striker and that leaves us with Sancho (who isn't even fit mentally or physically) and a 18 year old Garnacho. Really should've got Gakpo and I fear this is gonna come back to bite us.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Did they need him though?
Right now we do. We don’t have anyone to play left wing.

My thinking is that Klopp expects Firmino to go in the summer, so will have Jota and Nunez for up top. Then Diaz and Gakpo for the left and Salah plus maybe Elliott right for now as our attacking options going into next season.

laughtersassassin

So correct me if I'm wrong their last 4 windows have been....

Summer: Jota
Winter: Diaz
Summer: Nunez
Winter: Gapko

That's insane

Von Mistelroum

Always sad when we miss out on a target to a rival, but I did have doubts. He reminds me of Memphis when he first came here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think he'll suit them more than he would have suited us. This might age badly, but I'm relieved we didn't sign him and stockpile players comfortable attacking from the left wing.

Hard to know if it's down to finances or if there are other people at the club seeing our obvious need for a striker and that Gakpo, for the most part, is not a striker.

BlueHaze

Gakpos. Same scouse cnuts who said he's an overrated bag of spunk when he was linked with us are now saying he's world class prospect and so on....

They truly are something else those scouse jack offs.

Shai-Hulud

Even if he doesn't pull up any trees, I suspect he'll go down as a better value for money signing than Antony...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Even if he doesn't pull up any trees, I suspect he'll go down as a better value for money signing than Antony...
At that price it’s a no brainer. Even if flops will have good resale value.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Genuinely not bothered about us missing out on this one, I wasn't convinced about him. No doubt he’ll do well under Klopp though.

BlueHaze

@Raees

Your vids are quality. Really liked the one about Antony when we was about to sign him.

Great to see your channel has grown. At first I had no clue it was your channel.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
So correct me if I'm wrong their last 4 windows have been....

Summer: Jota
Winter: Diaz
Summer: Nunez
Winter: Gapko

That's insane
Jota joined them in summer 2020.

I don't know if it's insane. They bought four attacking players for 200m and so far none look capable of really replacing Mane or Salah (Diaz maybe the exception).

It's easy to spend lots of money on pretty good attacking players, finding genuine world class ones is really hard.

Bondi77

The Ox is a better player...criminal what has happened to him

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Interesting, good video as always. First time that someone backed him to be more effective as a CF going forward.
I suspect ETH felt the same as it makes no sense to sign this guy as a LWF with Rashford's current form. In terms of LWF potential, I think Rashford arguably has a higher ceiling and then you also have Garnacho there too and even Sancho who can operate down that side. Hard to tell if LVG felt the same as the system he is wedded to kind of forces him to use players in a certain way but Gakpo looked a limitless player when thrust into a central role.

Cheers @BlueHaze

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Sour grapes galore here. He is a decent player who could have benefited us with our thin squad. We were too slow or perhaps just reluctant to part with any money at this stage when the club is up for sale

Ekeke

Sour grapes galore here. He is a decent player who could have benefited us with our thin squad. We were too slow or perhaps just reluctant to part with any money at this stage when the club is up for sale
He's more than decent. Not sure he's going to be any less successful than Rashford for us