Cody Gakpo: Finish The Story

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s absolutely gigantic. It’s so weird seeing a 6ft4 player out on the wing

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Didn't really notice him but does he get an assist for salahs 'offside' goal?

Harold_Giles

Yep. Which highlights why we didn’t get him. Also when Diaz is back I’m not sure what they’ll do.
I agree, think he was a bit of a panic buy for them. Diaz is the better player and will take over that left wing when healthy.
Gakpo is a high risk, high reward kind of player. He loses possession at a high rate, at least that's how he played in Holland.
For me, Liverpool should have gotten a player more in the Firmino mould. A player that links play and rarely loses possession. A player that can orchestrate the attack.
Or a midfielder.

I'm glad they didn’t. They really look all over the place recently, long may it continue.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
1 shot on target and RAWK went crazy.
What is he? dutch Bebe? non dancing Lingard?

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree, think he was a bit of a panic buy for them. Diaz is the better player and will take over that left wing when healthy.
Gakpo is a high risk, high reward kind of player. He loses possession at a high rate, at least that's how he played in Holland.
For me, Liverpool should have gotten a player more in the Firmino mould. A player that links play and rarely loses possession. A player that can orchestrate the attack.
Or a midfielder.

I'm glad they didn’t. They really look all over the place recently, long may it continue.
Totally agree. they could have done with a CM.

Seems like chaos in their recruitment since they lost Edwards. Paying 100m for Nunez, signing Arthur from Juve, paying Salah 350k per week, letting mane go to Bayern for a very low fee. Bizarre

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's average and I am happy we didn't buy him. He never looked that special to me.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
beyond average. Liverpool was dumb to buy him. Will flop hard. Horrible decision and Liverpool will find out soon.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Totally agree. they could have done with a CM.

Seems like chaos in their recruitment since they lost Edwards. Paying 100m for Nunez, signing Arthur from Juve, paying Salah 350k per week, letting mane go to Bayern for a very low fee. Bizarre
I'd completely forgot that had happened, thanks for reminding me :lol:

Hester_manc

Brilliant debut according to this
If this is the highlights of his debut, then it did not go that great. He gives the ball away about 50% of every time he has it. He makes a lucky pass when Salah scores and has a decent move about 1.18 into the clip, but the rest has poor - and that was the highlights...

RopersReturn

Apparently Klopp decided to buy him whilst he was still affordable at £35m. Would be nice to think ETH was able to make those snap decisions in recruiting players to strengthen the squad like Liverpool do. Obviously we’re still paying the price for the profligacy of the Mourinho and Ole years.

Real Name

So that’s 2 players ETH wanted that are both crap. That’s not very good is it. :lol:
Yes, lets concetrate on players ETH wanted but didnt get. By the way there were talks in the summer of getting him and it didnt go through, obviously ETH didnt want him that bad.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Apparently Klopp decided to buy him whilst he was still affordable at £35m. Would be nice to think ETH was able to make those snap decisions in recruiting players to strengthen the squad like Liverpool do. Obviously we’re still paying the price for the profligacy of the Mourinho and Ole years.
Everyone knows about Gakpo and how reasonable he was. It doesn't take any genius to figure it out. However the player and manager have to be willing. It happened for us with VDB but he turner out to be a terrible player. Let's hope Gakpo too fails

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If this is the highlights of his debut, then it did not go that great. He gives the ball away about 50% of every time he has it. He makes a lucky pass when Salah scores and has a decent move about 1.18 into the clip, but the rest has poor - and that was the highlights...
Obviously it's not brilliant as the title suggests but just an okay display. To me whenever I watch him he looks a player that relies on physicality and decision making (and of course a very good shot) rather than pure skill or technical excellence. Not that a player with that skill set can't be excellent but that's how he comes across anyway

dal

He was quite good I thought, uses his physicality very well and takes the ball on the half turn well with good awareness.

Bit careless in possession but first game and hes not exactly an expensive signing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Didnt score and the assist wasnt really an assist. Think it's safe to say he's flopped. Quackpoo.