Cody Gakpo: Finish The Story

marktan

Is this guy any good? Only saw him at the world cup, scored some good goals but all round play looked a bit rough.

Also surely they should be in for a midfielder? That ageing and weak core is by far the biggest issue they have.

crossy1686

career ending
Is this guy any good? Only saw him at the world cup, scored some good goals but all round play looked a bit rough.

Also surely they should be in for a midfielder? That ageing and weak core is by far the biggest issue they have.
Personally, and I said this before anyone signed him and we were favourites, I don't see it. He doesn't look like anything close to a generational talent, like the lads we saw at the WC (Bellingham, that German kid, Enzo, Gavi etc). He likes to play off the left and cut in, and we have better players than him who can do that already, I'd even put Garnacho above him.

Litch

I think it’s ridiculous to criticise him and clearly this can only be based on him going to them lot….

TGod

Personally, and I said this before anyone signed him and we were favourites, I don't see it. He doesn't look like anything close to a generational talent, like the lads we saw at the WC (Bellingham, that German kid, Enzo, Gavi etc). He likes to play off the left and cut in, and we have better players than him who can do that already, I'd even put Garnacho above him.
Sneaked in Gavi, like we wouldn't notice :lol:

sully07

Silly to judge a player after two games.

Especially when he's playing in an awful team.
agree. Obviously a class player, just not what they needed, trying his best in a poor team currently. Even Firmino looked like a world beater when were at their highest level.

arthurka

Let's just say if we would've bought this guy he would have been skinned alive here on the CAF.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think it’s ridiculous to criticise him and clearly this can only be based on him going to them lot….
You're right of course, but it's not like we don't (stupidly) do it to our own players too :lol:

If he came here and we lost his first 2 games everyone would be writing him off.

Mike Smalling

He’s joined a team that just doesn’t function at the moment. Impossible to judge him this soon.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Don't see it at all with him. An Everton level player when they were mid table. Pool are signing mediocre players now apart from Diaz... Getting ready for some time in the wilderness

Trex

Thing with him when I saw him for PSV was his lack of intensity both on and off the ball. You need more tempo and intensity as the EPL is an intense league. This sort of player would end up on the periphery most games.

footballbite

Slowly Cackpoo looking as lethargic as expected based on his EL and WC games.

They need to get him on the PEDs/“asthma medication” asap.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Slowly Cackpoo looking as lethargic as expected based on his EL and WC games.

They need to get him on the PEDs/“asthma medication” asap.
After yesterday, they have ordered a full crate off the dark web. Arriving shortly

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Amazing how the CAF plead time for rivals new signings while crucifying ours

RuudTom83

Well he hasn’t looked amazing, but he is doing no better or worst that Salah currently…so maybe wait until the entire team stops playing garbage before writing him off.

For me he has always looked like a less talented Rashford (I’m talking last season/season before that version)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's a weird one. Think he'll be one of those players where you watch him and he looks ordinary and unremarkable, but you'll look at his stats and say fair enough. He's 3 games in and its January, let's be realistic here. I'd honestly reserve judgement until we see him at the beginning of next season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He's a weird one. Think he'll be one of those players where you watch him and he looks ordinary and unremarkable, but you'll look at his stats and say fair enough. He's 3 games in and its January, let's be realistic here. I'd honestly reserve judgement until we see him at the beginning of next season.
Liverpool has an aging midfield so it may have an impact on his performance too. He just came to a new environment and need time to adjust and adapt.

Red Star One

Just chill and let some time pass, then we can rightly call him shit, like with Nunez. But we thought it before it was cool.

mu4c_20le

Just live your life in the moment, without fear of being quoted in the future.

He looks exactly as expected so far, limited player with a decent shot. He'll score a banger eventually and this thread will erupt.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Liverpool has an aging midfield so it may have an impact on his performance too. He just came to a new environment and need time to adjust and adapt.
This narrative is bothering me and it’s fecking everywhere. Fabinho is 29. Keita 27. Thiago 31 Henderson 32. Central midfielders generally age quite well. These guys are pretty much in their prime as footballers. The Madrid midfield that knocked them out of the CL last year were aged 33, 36 and 30!

NoPace

Yeah he's not electric like Diaz or Mane, but he can hit a ball and his crosses are accurate (lack pace and whip) and he moves well for his height and gets into good positions in the attack (though not the 6 yard box again, but that might come as he fills out a bit, he's tall). So I'd say the over/under for him is 3 seasons of adequate production with one strong one (like 18 goals and 10 assists in 45 games) when they improve their midfield, but say 30 league goals over 3 years and he's moved on. That's what you'd expect from a 40M type buy these days. Salah cost that 5 years ago, and Mane 30M so those are higher fees with football inflation being so crazy.

I think this move made more sense if Liverpool had a nice 12M offer or so for Firmino from some team in Italy or Brazil. They so badly need 2-3 midfielders that getting even one last week would have helped.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This narrative is bothering me and it’s fecking everywhere. Fabinho is 29. Keita 27. Thiago 31 Henderson 32. Central midfielders generally age quite well. These guys are pretty much in their prime as footballers. The Madrid midfield that knocked them out of the CL last year were aged 33, 36 and 30!
Their whole game plan is around running, pressing high and using up a lot of energy.

It's clear their main workhorses (Henderson/Fabinho) aren't the same players.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Liverpool are playing shite but he hasn't really shown much ability or talent yet, has he? Could change if Liverpool do manage to start performing but he's certainly not a player that will elevate them. I think Klopp felt goals might get the across the line with top four and opted for another forward over a midfielder, but hopefully he will regret that.