Coentrao to leave Real | Loan deal collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Speaking to Ojogo in his homeland, Coentrao said: "From the first day I do not think I was wanted here.
"Today it seems that everyone wants me to leave the club. I do not know what I have done wrong.
"We must find a solution that is good for both the club and myself, so that no one will lose out."
Coentrao was asked about the prospect of following Mourinho to Chelsea, and he admitted he would not rule it out.
"If I leave Real Madrid, I do not close the door to anyone," he said.
Yes please but surely Chelsea bound?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
They've got Cashley there, Bertrand and a potential interest in Shaw. But with Mou heading in it could very well likely happen.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cole is old, Bertrand is no more than solid and the might not sign Shaw at all. Coentrao can play on the wing and in midfield as well and would be a good buy for Chelsea. I reckon they'll go for him but then again he admits that he felt unwanted at Madrid when Mourinho was there the whole time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could see City selling Kolarov and moving for him too.

Perhaps even to moneybags Monaco.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Cole is old, Bertrand is no more than solid and the might not sign Shaw at all. Coentrao can play on the wing and in midfield as well and would be a good buy for Chelsea. I reckon they'll go for him but then again he admits that he felt unwanted at Madrid when Mourinho was there the whole time.
And still fantastic.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Much the same as Utd.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I knew he would be leaving, he has never looked happy there and they don't appreciate him enough. He would be so good for us, the perfect replacement for Evra - Please do not regret another decision by going to Chelsea.

Cina

Yeah I'd definitely take Coentrao here, despite us not really needing him as much as players in other areas.

walsh

We might not necessarily 'need' him but with the quality and versatility he possesses, I wouldn't think twice about taking him. Has Chelsea written all over it, however. Will be interesting to see how highly they think of Bertrand, I'm not overly familiar with just how good he is/isn't.

Cina

We might not necessarily 'need' him but with the quality and versatility he possesses, I wouldn't think twice about taking him. Has Chelsea written all over it, however. Will be interesting to see how highly they think of Bertrand, I'm not overly familiar with just how good he is/isn't.
Do Chelsea really give a shit about that though? When has having a talented youngster ever stopped them buying whomever they want before? We'd be a lot more likely to not go for him because of Fabio than they would because of Bertrand.

Varun

Staff
Bad timing for us. Dont see us going for him now with the kind of season Evra just had and with Fabio coming back from loan.

Cina

Bad timing for us. Dont see us going for him now with the kind of season Evra just had and with Fabio coming back from loan.
Meh, he's more than good enough offensively to play on the left wing ahead of Evra too, and he's often deputized as a defensive midfielder under Mourinho. He's an extremely versatile player who wouldn't struggle to get games here, I reckon.

walsh

Do Chelsea really give a shit about that though? When has having a talented youngster ever stopped them buying whomever they want before? We'd be a lot more likely to not go for him because of Fabio than they would because of Bertrand.
That's true, logic and reasoning never really dictate their transfer policy.

Varun

Staff
Meh, he's more than good enough offensively to play on the left wing ahead of Evra too, and he's often deputized as a defensive midfielder under Mourinho. He's an extremely versatile player who wouldn't struggle to get games here, I reckon.
I didnt mean he'd struggle to get games here. I just dont see us as a club going for a player in a position where we already have a top player with adequate back up or for a position where again, we have enough players unless we're selling Nani. Even then, I dont see us going for him as a left winger. If we go for him, it'd be for the LB slot and I dont see us going for him atm considering what we have there. Would definitely be a good player to have but he's much more likely to end up at City or Chelsea.

Sarni

I guess Bertrand is alright at PL level and would be regular for West Ham, Everton or Newcastle. I don't think he's good enough to be a regular at Chelsea.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
If Mourinho goes to Chelsea you know he will be after the best available, I don't think he will have any qualms in moving Bertrand on.

Sarni

And still fantastic.
Not as good as he was in his prime but still very good, yeah. He went through a rough patch at one point but seems to have retained his top form. It doesn't change the fact that, like Evra, he'll have to be replaced within the next two years (Cafu played into his late 30s but he was a mutant).

RedRover

Why sign a full back to play left wing? Why not sign a winger if you need one?

Not a bad player but I dont think it'll happen. We'll go for Baines if and when we need a new left back.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If Mourinho wants him, he'll go to Chelsea. If not expect the usual suspects to be in for him.

If he's going at a decent price, sure I'd love it if we were in for him but similarly I won't be too bothered should he go elsewhere. This is just classic Madrid though.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Very good player. Would love for us to sign him and any rival that does has improved their team.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Is this going to be one of those summers where Madrid get rid of a load of good players just because they didn't win every trophy in the world for the past few years?

Cina

Why sign a full back to play left wing? Why not sign a winger if you need one?

Not a bad player but I dont think it'll happen. We'll go for Baines if and when we need a new left back.
Not really my point. Clearly we'd sign him to be our long term left back but Evra still has a lot to offer so it'd be a good way to accommodate them both for now.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Is this going to be one of those summers where Madrid get rid of a load of good players just because they didn't win every trophy in the world for the past few years?
If that's the case, lets hope they want to get rid of Ozil and we get him!! :drool::drool:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Doesn't sound like a rumour, seems like they are keen on offloading. It's nothing we haven't seen before: Robben, van der Vaart, Huntelaar, Sneijder were all good players they just cast out without second thought, it's just something Real do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Haven't watched too much of him at Madrid, but he was easily my player of the tournament in South Africa.

Bebe

Haven't watched too much of him at Madrid, but he was easily my player of the tournament in South Africa.
Same here. This is one I think we need to make a real push for, he's the perfect successor to Evra. Also one of the few wing backs around that doesn't suck.

Brophs

The One and Only
If, for some reason we decided to let Evra go, he'd be a good option, from what I've seen. He's younger than Baines and seems to be decent both going forward and defensively.

walsh

Personally I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Monaco might come calling for Evra to return and offering him a huge wage to do so.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Am I wrong in saying he can play as a defensive midfielder as well? Obviously not that that'd be where he'd primarily operate but the more versatility we have in the squad the better.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he is becoming another Carvalho probably, Mourinho will earn(and has already probably) a lot on him, and will have a good player wherever he goes.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Very good against us in CL, excellent in Euro 2012. I'd love to have him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.