Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

Ronaldinho's snakebite

Spurs would be the best move for him, better manager and a realistic spot he can win on the right
This comment is so dumb. Spurs manager is better than poch? On what basis, if I may ask?
And how's a move to spurs, who apparently are not even in for him, better than a move to chelsea? Stupid post really

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This is a deal that makes sense in the immediate short term with Nkunku’s months long injury but I feel like there’s going to be an odd man out once we have everyone fit.

Mudryk and I assume Palmer for the left side. Sterling and Madueke for the right side. Nkunku, Carney, and Gallagher for the #10 area. Poch seems to really like both Gallagher and Chukwameka and they’ve both been very solid in these opening matches and preseason before that. But that feels like 1 too many attacking midfielders.

Wonder if we’ll cash in on Gallagher over the next couple of windows.

TheGame

You lot signed a forward for £64 mil who has never scored a PL goal so zip it.
Hojlund was playing regularly for Atalanta and has 6 international goals to his name. Cole Palmer has a few starts and mostly sub appearances for City. £45m is an absolute joke. Chelsea have more cash than they know what to do with. Scattergun recruitment.

Oranges038

Mental fee for a nothing player.

Another one that'll on the Chelsea loan list for the next 10 years.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This is a deal that makes sense in the immediate short term with Nkunku’s months long injury but I feel like there’s going to be an odd man out once we have everyone fit.

Mudryk and I assume Palmer for the left side. Sterling and Madueke for the right side. Nkunku, Carney, and Gallagher for the #10 area. Poch seems to really like both Gallagher and Chukwameka and they’ve both been very solid in these opening matches and preseason before that. But that feels like 1 too many attacking midfielders.

Wonder if we’ll cash in on Gallagher over the next couple of windows.
Odds we'll have everyone fit for more than 5 games in a row?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Pochettino got his dembele regen in lavia and now getting his son regen in Palmer. Congratulations chelsea board, you are giving Pochettino what he wants so far. Just need a top keeper. Perhaps that could be Petrovic. And let see how jackson develops

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He is one of the mandem. This is his life now. He’ll feel at home with Madueke, Nkunku, Chukwuemeka, Gusto, Sterling and Disasi.

Footage of Palmer at Cobham can be seen here
Footage of Palmer at Cobham can be seen here

:lol:

For lack of better phrasing, he (Palmer) has more sauce

I was half expecting him to fake brush dust off his Clarks :D

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Hojlund was playing regularly for Atalanta and has 6 international goals to his name. Cole Palmer has a few starts and mostly sub appearances for City. £45m is an absolute joke. Chelsea have more cash than they know what to do with. Scattergun recruitment.
6 international goals?!!! Best start working on his statue now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
45m for a player who is 3rd choice striker for a team which usually play just one striker every game. City has some serious negotiations skills. Or this is some money laundering scheme that Chelsea and City are involved in.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
City will be pissing themselves laughing. How much do we think is Garnacho worth?

Amadaeus

Damn, I see a lot of people underratting palmer on here. I must be watching the wrong player. Palmer at £45m may be a bit overpriced based of what he has done, but his potential no doubt could reach much higher than that

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Damn, I see a lot of people underratting palmer on here. I must be watching the wrong player. Palmer at £45m may be a bit overpriced based of what he has done, but his potential no doubt could reach much higher than that
In couple years people may look back and say £45m is a such a bargain. He played on the right wing for England though.

dbs235

Every time he plays for City he’s looked impressive. Think people are underrating him here.

jesperjaap

Completely agree, looked good every time I have seen him and he is also getting better month on month. It is only because he is at City and has Foden as the star young player and several big players ahead of him that there is not a fan fare.

He is already looking a good player and could turn into a top one.

See a little debate on him being a number 10...that is the DrBruyne effect, Foden should be one of thebest 10s in the world as he has a chance to show now, just has arguably the best in front of him....I actually think Palmer has the attributes for that position too, he isnt super fast and isnt a player that dribbles past people but he has a good touch, drop of the shoulder, great shot, if he has good vision which havent really noticed either way, he could be a great player there.

I think bar Arsenal and Liverpool he is good enough to start at any other premiership side personally, though CHelsea is a bit of an odd move, people calling him a nothing player when he is way ahead of Pellestri and Amad currently....and the same age as both. In terms of number of performances, the fee is maybe a little high and I think its the wrong club for him, but that could prove a good deal compared to many other awful ones this summer

GregM40

Bizarre move. Spoke to a lot of blues in the past who rate him highly, plus homegrown talent from Manchester etc, they are desperate for that.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Yeah he isn't really that good. Should have gone to Brighton though

Judas

Open to offers
I think he's got high potential, which makes it a strange move from him. The way Chelsea are operating is really weird, but feels almost normal at this point.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If this doesn’t get called out but someone ‘high up’ for the cheating that it blatantly is, I don’t know what will ever be the tipping point for city as a club and their blatant bending of the rules.
Seems strange that scouts/technical directors with ex Man city links keep buying City's youth for ridiculous sums of money.

They are decent players but
45m for a player who is 3rd choice striker for a team which usually play just one striker every game. City has some serious negotiations skills. Or this is some money laundering scheme that Chelsea and City are involved in.
Ex Man City employee now in charge of transfers at Chelsea now buying City youngsters...also has links to Southampton who buy City youngsters for ridiculous money too....yeah, all clean this.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think he's got high potential, which makes it a strange move from him. The way Chelsea are operating is really weird, but feels almost normal at this point.
Well, City signed Doku and Nunes, and Palmer needs game time.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I get leaving City if he wants to play, it's more joining Chelsea I don't get.
He can't point a gun to Brighton and force them to buy him, you know. Doesn't seem like he has other offer on hand.

Amadaeus

Completely agree, looked good every time I have seen him and he is also getting better month on month. It is only because he is at City and has Foden as the star young player and several big players ahead of him that there is not a fan fare.

He is already looking a good player and could turn into a top one.

See a little debate on him being a number 10...that is the DrBruyne effect, Foden should be one of thebest 10s in the world as he has a chance to show now, just has arguably the best in front of him....I actually think Palmer has the attributes for that position too, he isnt super fast and isnt a player that dribbles past people but he has a good touch, drop of the shoulder, great shot, if he has good vision which havent really noticed either way, he could be a great player there.

I think bar Arsenal and Liverpool he is good enough to start at any other premiership side personally, though CHelsea is a bit of an odd move, people calling him a nothing player when he is way ahead of Pellestri and Amad currently....and the same age as both. In terms of number of performances, the fee is maybe a little high and I think its the wrong club for him, but that could prove a good deal compared to many other awful ones this summer
Spot on, he has always impressed me when I watched him play. I actually taught he was one of the untouchable at Manchester city. I am completely shocked that city let him leave.

i don’t know about him being a 10. He seem perfect as an inverted winger. As I mentioned before, his role will be akin to Son at Spurs, but perhaps on opposite side.

looking at chelsea struggles to finish this season, Palmer seems like the perfect signing for pochettino team. He will help take off some of the goalscoring burden of their strikers. His goalscoring numbers in the academies were ridiculous. And even in the limited appearances he has for Manchester city, you can tell he has an eye for goals.