College Football 2021/22

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have lived through Kiffin/Sark/Helton.

what do you think?
:D
We at Miami think this is good news since the entire fan base wants Cristobal, who may be less likely to stay at Oregon for long if he has to deal with a great recruiter at SC.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Bizarre as it seems, the sort of money being tossed around at Michigan St. and elsewhere could tempt Kingsbury.
Stability as well, I suppose. Kliff was not near the top of the list for being on a hot seat coming into the year, but he was on the verge of it if they didn’t perform this year (which they have obviously). At the right college job you are a god.

I don’t know how the NIL stuff affects money, but OU isn’t short on it while the oil business still exists.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Speaking of money, from 2010 to 2020, there was almost half a billion dollars paid out to coaches to buy out their contracts.

Unreal.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Saw a couple OU fans in my FB news feed rooting for OU to lure Kellen Moore from Dallas. He's probably on a few NFL head coaching shortlists so not sure if he'd take a college gig.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Saw a couple OU fans in my FB news feed rooting for OU to lure Kellen Moore from Dallas. He's probably on a few NFL head coaching shortlists so not sure if he'd take a college gig.
I could see us going after an NFL coordinator to get him in the door for recruiting purposes but let him see out the season.

Like you said though, Moore might not be that guy if he really is in line for an NFL gig like is being reported.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Check that; the name Venny is flying around. What would you think of that, @Carolina Red ?

edit: that’s Brent Venables at Clemson for anyone who doesn’t follow this sport closely

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have no illusions that Riley can fix USC in a season or even 2 as USC is broken from top to bottom, but I can't wait to see what we look like 3 years from now. I might actually get motivated to stay up till 1am to watch games again.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
@WI_Red I'm convinced turning around SC will be a quicker fix than expected. You'll be challenging for the PAC-12 title next year and BCS spots the year after. There's a huge quality void in the PAC-12 that SC will soon fill.

MrMarcello

I have no illusions that Riley can fix USC in a season or even 2 as USC is broken from top to bottom, but I can't wait to see what we look like 3 years from now. I might actually get motivated to stay up till 1am to watch games again.
Just do a Pete Carroll with a few brown paper bag deliveries over a couple seasons and boom, contender. Then bolt for the NFL when the heat is on.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just do a Pete Carroll with a few brown paper bag deliveries over a couple seasons and boom, contender. Then bolt for the NFL when the heat is on.
you do know that there were never any serious allegations that USC was paying players, right?

MrMarcello

I am happy to admit I am wrong if you remember better. Bush’s thing was an agent paying his parents. USC was punished for not knowing this.
Feck, bro, not everything I post is to be taken this serious. I firmly believe lots of payments were made to athletes for decades, not just one school. I'm certain Chris Simms got something worthy of switching from Tennessee to Texas out of nowhere in 1999.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Feck, bro, not everything I post is to be taken this serious. I firmly believe lots of payments were made to athletes for decades, not just one school. I'm certain Chris Simms got something worthy of switching from Tennessee to Texas out of nowhere in 1999.
Sorry, I have PTSD (post traumatic Sarkesian disorder) so I have large sections of USC memory blacked out. You’ll know what I mean soon. :nervous:

Carolina Red

Staff
What in the hell…

I just do not understand being Irish-American, the winningest ND coach ever, and basically a living legend in South Bend able to name your price and then going to LSU.

But if he does… I hope you enjoyed Fickell, Cincy.

Last edited: