College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Have read/heard some college football insiders and scouts have stated Arch Manning would be a 3-star rated player at best if not for his family heritage/last name. Make of that what you will.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Have read/heard some college football insiders and scouts have stated Arch Manning would be a 3-star rated player at best if not for his family heritage/last name. Make of that what you will.
The well known Mike Farrell kicked off that firestorm I believe, but he’s not the only one saying there’s a lot of projection regarding Arch due to his name and at this point in time the other guys near the top are better QBs right now. Still a great recruit regardless because his name brings in other recruits, but I think Ewers is the guy to elevate Texas.

The UT/OU/A&M recruiting battles will be something to watch as the former two head into the SEC. OU had a slow start but made big strides in July…I am growing even more optimistic seeing legit DL guys coming in due to Bates (thanks again Clemson).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There's definitely a bit of brand inflation because of the last name, but from what I've seen of the kid, he does have solid attributes that would suggest at a minimum a high four star or even 5 star rating. He has a good arm and great pocket presence, and is a better scrambler going into college than his uncles were. Stylistically, he's probably closer to his grandad than Peyton or Eli.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yes he is. I was not happy to see him leave Clemson.

He left because of playing time issues and his relationship with RB coach CJ Spiller, but in my opinion he should have been getting more carries.
He also left because he didn’t want to be on a shit team this year.
:wenger:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes he is. I was not happy to see him leave Clemson.

He left because of playing time issues and his relationship with RB coach CJ Spiller, but in my opinion he should have been getting more carries.
Christ, Spiller is a coach? feck me, I am getting old.

Charlie Foley

Going to Navy Memphis in September. Since we can walk to the stadium I suppose I should support Navy football more :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
When are the first games of the season :drool:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Do BT Sports still have the rights? If so it’s crap they haven’t got the game in Ireland this weekend.

Any other ways to watch college games?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Do BT Sports still have the rights? If so it’s crap they haven’t got the game in Ireland this weekend.

Any other ways to watch college games?
ESPN Player is £9.99 a month. I don't think they show every D1 game, but they show a hell of a lot from the look of their listings. I haven't ever used it, but I think I'll give it a go this year.

It doesn't look like they're showing the games in Ireland though, for some reason.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Aaaaand we’re off!
Nebraska vs N’western in Dublin
Ireland or Georgia?

Dublin Fighting Irish have a college ready football stadium. They also are one of the only high schools that have ARs in lock boxes throughout the campus.

Carolina Red

Staff
Anyone know why Dublin was chosen to host this game?
I think it’s because of the Irish ties to the city of Chicago. They’ve always tried to have a team with some Irish-American history as one of the teams in that game… obviously, it’s usually been Notre Dame.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think it’s because of the Irish ties to the city of Chicago. They’ve always tried to have a team with some Irish-American history as one of the teams in that game… obviously, it’s usually been Notre Dame.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.