College Football 2023

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just can’t see this ending well. I love him due to his FSU days, but something tells me this will be a slow motion car crash for a couple of years.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just can’t see this ending well. I love him due to his FSU days, but something tells me this will be a slow motion car crash for a couple of years.
It’s going to be a mess once all of this unwinds. Fortunately, it will be good for other schools who will get the likes of Travis Hunter and Cormani McLain.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don't understand what he's saying.
Those seven teams have been conspiring to leave the ACC.

Current ACC deal runs through 2036, those seven teams want to see if they can break from that contract early (I think).

Haven’t read this yet, but it probably explains better what I am poorly attempting to do…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah that make sense. Most decent teams are going to be looking to move to the best conferences, and the ACC isn't one of them.
I could see maybe three teams wanting to jump, but such a house cleaning en masse isn’t too palatable for my tastes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I could see maybe three teams wanting to jump, but such a house cleaning en masse isn’t too palatable for my tastes.
I've given up embracing the past where things were normal, especially in this era of NIL and the Portal. Everything is suddenly a rat race for money, and schools are not exempt.

Carolina Red

Staff
I hate it not just from the football perspective but from the wrestling (niche I know) perspective as well.

The ACC has been consistently improving as a wrestling conference for about a decade now to the point that it’s producing finalists / champs every year, with NC State, Va Tech, and UNC getting very high in the team rankings.

I got to take my team to the ACC tournament this past season and hang out with the NC State team & coaches cause of connections we have there, and if this happens that whole conference of solid wrestling schools near us will be flung to the wind & their conference tournaments will be several states away.

feckin A man, that’s gonna suck.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Any good podcasts out there dedicated to college ball? I’ve found the Paul Finebaum show (mostly because I just read Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer) but just seems to be a forum for SEC fans to act like jackasses. Although useful when they have guests on.

I’ve tried a few Michigan podcasts because that’s who I follow but they seem pretty ‘meh’

Carolina Red

Staff
Any good podcasts out there dedicated to college ball? I’ve found the Paul Finebaum show (mostly because I just read Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer) but just seems to be a forum for SEC fans to act like jackasses. Although useful when they have guests on.

I’ve tried a few Michigan podcasts because that’s who I follow but they seem pretty ‘meh’
The Athletic is starting one this July.

There’s a ton of CFB podcasts, but ones I’ve listened to and recommend trying…
- Cover 3 by CBS Sports
- The Late Kick by Josh Pate (24/7 Sports)
- Unnecessary Roughness by Barstool
- College Football Uncensored by Saturdays Down South

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Jesus if I have to see his smug look on TV yet another season...
Just signed his rookie deal with the Rams. He'll get plenty of time under center during the preseason games. We're not rid of his punchable face just yet.

JJ12

Early predictions:

Natty: Alabama. Dark horse: FSU

Heisman: Jordan Travis. Dark horse: Marvin Jones jr

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Early predictions:

Natty: Alabama. Dark horse: FSU

Heisman: Travis Jordan. Dark horse: Marvin Jones jr
Haven't been this excited for my alma mater's season since Jameis was there ten years ago. Jordan grew in stature & output throughout the season & was still peaking at the bowl game. Hopefully his floor this year is commensurate with how he finished last year.

JJ12

Haven't been this excited for my alma mater's season since Jameis was there ten years ago. Jordan grew in stature & output throughout the season & was still peaking at the bowl game. Hopefully his floor this year is commensurate with how he finished last year.
I got his name the wrong way around didn’t I :lol:

Legitimate shot at Heisman in your eyes? Some good contenders this year, Caleb Williams being the obvious one.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I got his name the wrong way around didn’t I :lol:

Legitimate shot at Heisman in your eyes? Some good contenders this year, Caleb Williams being the obvious one.
:lol: I did too! That's his own fault for having two first names!

It's Williams to win or lose, but Travis might be leading the group under Williams. His bowl output alone gives him some Heisman cred as a bunch of key contributors are coming back on offense (& defense too).

We open v LSU & that might dictate our season. A win in Orlando gives us momentum headed into Clemson in three weeks time. We have the U at home & UF away, but if we get through the first four games unscathed, we should handle both in due time.

JJ12

:lol: I did too! That's his own fault for having two first names!

It's Williams to win or lose, but Travis might be leading the group under Williams. His bowl output alone gives him some Heisman cred as a bunch of key contributors are coming back on offense (& defense too).

We open v LSU & that might dictate our season. A win in Orlando gives us momentum headed into Clemson in three weeks time. We have the U at home & UF away, but if we get through the first four games unscathed, we should handle both in due time.
That LSU game is tough. Jaydon Daniels another option for Heisman.

Not long now!!