g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

College Football 2023

FéNaSeleção

College football is back!

Anyone here like to bet?

I got Notre Dame (-20.5) vs Navy, I think Sam Hartman will dominate - he's got a much more complete team around him and ND's defense is pretty firm.

Let the games begin!

Charlie Foley

College football is back!

Anyone here like to bet?

I got Notre Dame (-20.5) vs Navy, I think Sam Hartman will dominate - he's got a much more complete team around him and ND's defense is pretty firm.

Let the games begin!
Going well for you so far. Navy are ass.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
PAC 12 officials are still garbage. Can’t wait to be out of this shit conference

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You were thinking it :D
I've no doubt they manage to feck it up again. Mack ran that program into the ground after a good run of seasons and they've not recovered. They could run the schedule this season or do what they always do, drop an early game or two they should win. Can see them beating Alabama then losing to a rebuilding Baylor in some bizarre fashion. Or getting smoked by Alabama and going tits up from there.

Texas should be doing what Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have been doing for a decade, there's zero excuse for that program to have swan dived after 2009. It falls on the administration, coaching hires, the coaches themselves, and recruiting. And there are too many politics in the program with the alumni and boosters.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm watching the documentary on Netflix about Urban Meyer's Gators, and I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the BCS poll and single game at the end of the season.

I also forgot the utter ass whooping tOSU received in the BCS championship game, but given the massive chip Urban put on their shoulders, in retrospect we had no fecking chance, especially after Ted Ginn Jr went off injured.

Tressel did well in the Big10, especially up north but it just seemed like he was a deer in the headlights in the BCS games after 2003.

adexkola

Supports
I've no doubt they manage to feck it up again. Mack ran that program into the ground after a good run of seasons and they've not recovered. They could run the schedule this season or do what they always do, drop an early game or two they should win. Can see them beating Alabama then losing to a rebuilding Baylor in some bizarre fashion. Or getting smoked by Alabama and going tits up from there.

Texas should be doing what Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have been doing for a decade, there's zero excuse for that program to have swan dived after 2009. It falls on the administration, coaching hires, the coaches themselves, and recruiting. And there are too many politics in the program with the alumni and boosters.
Just looked at your schedule, an Alabama win isn't impossible, IIRC you pushed them this close last season, and a win sets you up nicely for the rest of the season. If there's going to be a banana peel it's always a team in fecking Iowa, so definitely Iowa State

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm watching the documentary on Netflix about Urban Meyer's Gators, and I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the BCS poll and single game at the end of the season.

I also forgot the utter ass whooping tOSU received in the BCS championship game, but given the massive chip Urban put on their shoulders, in retrospect we had no fecking chance, especially after Ted Ginn Jr went off injured.

Tressel did well in the Big10, especially up north but it just seemed like he was a deer in the headlights in the BCS games after 2003.
I read somewhere online that Gators bit is nothing but a suck off of Meyer and Tebow.

adexkola

Supports
I read somewhere online that Gators bit is nothing but a suck off of Meyer and Tebow.
Oh there's plenty of sucking of those 2.

It's also a good portal back in time (when I started following college football) and a reminder of why I take pleasure in Florida's recent struggles.

I enjoyed the Hurricanes doc more, so far

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Correct - people who don’t follow football that watch it will think Meyer is a great man as well as coach.

Carolina Red

Staff
Wouldn’t worry if it was the Utah v. Florida you wanted to see.

It’s quite the embarrassment for the Gators right now.
I wouldn’t know. I can’t watch a damned thing and that’s the problem

Two multi billion in profits corporations being assholes

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wow, how far has Florida fallen? Utah did not even have their top QB. Also, just realized Florida started Graham Mertz at QB. We are truly in a bizzarro world when a Wisconsin graduate transfer is starting in SEC country.

JJ12

Proper week 1 - lets goooooo

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm travelling over in October and will be watching California Golden Bears against Oregon State Beavers. Never been to a college game before. Am I right in thinking this should be a pretty easy win for Cal? Anyone know of anyone I should look out for at this game? I don't follow college football.

JJ12

I'm travelling over in October and will be watching California Golden Bears against Oregon State Beavers. Never been to a college game before. Am I right in thinking this should be a pretty easy win for Cal? Anyone know of anyone I should look out for at this game? I don't follow college football.
Oregon State are pretty good if memory serves

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Oregon St. will likely be the favorites. They are ranked 18th (pre-season though) in the country and have @Carolina Red ’s buddy DJ Uiagalelei at QB. They have their first game of the season today at 3:30 est if you want to take a look.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oregon St. will likely be the favorites. They are ranked 18th (pre-season though) in the country and have @Carolina Red ’s buddy DJ Uiagalelei at QB. They have their first game of the season today at 3:30 est if you want to take a look.
Surprised they are that high with that quarterback at the helm.

Corvallis probably feels like Portland to DJ having come from Clemson.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don't even think a Noles win tonight will improve my spirits that much. Not even with the Rays winning also.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The Tez Walker story is rather heartbreaking. So is Fiona Crowley's below...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yikes.

He's the kind of athletic freak who has never lifted a weight in his life, but started throwing around 3 string hay bales as a 12 year old. Country strong.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oh my fecking god.

Now they miss a delay of game penalty.

e - Big.

Last edited: