College Football 2023

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is there such thing as fantasy for college football? Interested in giving it a go if so.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is there such thing as fantasy for college football? Interested in giving it a go if so.
There is, though I don't know how popular it is.

A more interesting option for me would be devy, which is where you draft college players to eventually be on your NFL fantasy team. Never got around to trying it yet.

JJ12

There is, though I don't know how popular it is.

A more interesting option for me would be devy, which is where you draft college players to eventually be on your NFL fantasy team. Never got around to trying it yet.
That does sound interesting, wouldn’t mind giving that a go

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Where do they think they can go? Package deal with Clemson to the Sec? Even up the numbers in the Big10 after it gobbles up the best of the rest of the Pac12?
Not sure. SEC would be the most logical choice. It was years ago we cashed in by getting into the ACC from being an independent, it was only a matter of time til when we looked for greener pastures.

JJ12

Not going to lie, the conference realignments have taken a lot of fun out of the preseason for me.
I quite like the idea of super conferences. I guess it’s no fun if you’re a PAC 12 or ACC fan though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I quite like the idea of super conferences. I guess it’s no fun if you’re a PAC 12 or ACC fan though.
The Big10 was bloated already, even before USC came on board. Now we want to add Oregon and Washington?

It pretty much decimates the Pac-12.

Not sure how this benefits college football as a whole. Cal and Wazzu host good programs, they don't deserve shafting. I guess we'll see how things evolve.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's almost like some competent committee should be in charge instead of individual organizations doing whatever they want but, alas, the NCAA...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The death of the PAC-12 is really sad and infuriating and can be laid at the feet of one single man: Larry Scott. His absolutely disastrous fixation on making his baby, the PAC12 Network, work is the direct cause of the PAC-12's demise. I mean, it's kind of impressive. Normally it takes a village to burn down a castle, but this motherfecker did a solo run.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The death of the PAC-12 is really sad and infuriating and can be laid at the feet of one single man: Larry Scott. His absolutely disastrous fixation on making his baby, the PAC12 Network, work is the direct cause of the PAC-12's demise. I mean, it's kind of impressive. Normally it takes a village to burn down a castle, but this motherfecker did a solo run.
Depending on who you want to believe, it might also be the fault of the Longhorn Network and OU wanting to play Nebraska each year.

Regardless, I don't think it is collapsing in this manner with OU/UT in the fold.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Depending on who you want to believe, it might also be the fault of the Longhorn Network and OU wanting to play Nebraska each year.

Regardless, I don't think it is collapsing in this manner with OU/UT in the fold.
Maybe, but you think OU and UT are joining a conference making 25% of other conferences in TV revenue? Scott, literally, bet everything on the PAC12 network and lost.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How is this supposed to work with other sports with lesser budgets? Is the FSU weightlifting team (for example) expected to bus it or fly coach across the US multiple times to ACC schools on the west coast, while juggling classes and all?
Football revenue (&, to a much lesser extent, MBB) can underwrite those programs.