College Football 2023

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Who are the players to watch tonight then lads? Any Clemson or Duke fans out there to offer insight

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just viewed the condensed second half. We haven't played as good a half since our natty run in during the 2013 season.

Carolina Red

Staff
Who are the players to watch tonight then lads? Any Clemson or Duke fans out there to offer insight
This is the first game for Clemson’s new OC, Garrett Riley, who was previously at TCU.

Clemson’s playmakers are QB Cade Klubnik & RBs Will Shipley and Phil Mafah. Briningstool at TE emerged as a good receiving threat last year, but there’s a lot of questions around the WR position, which is weird considering how good we were at WR for about a 10 year period.

Clemson’s defense is led by DE Xavier Thomas, LB Jeremiah Trotter, and CB Nate Wiggins.

Duke’s offense has a new QB in Riley Leonard and new featured RB in Jaylon Coleman. They do have an old OL (I think 4 of them are Seniors / Redshirt Seniors) that should help the new backfield.

The Duke defense is led by DT Dewayne Carter and LB Shaka Heyward. Their secondary is young though, so it’ll be interesting to see if Clemson’s WRs can get it together and put up a strong game against them.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Was watching a college football show on ESPN today and it was said that Colorado had 51 transfers this year. That's insane. The panelists were discussing how this could change how schools view the transfer portal, even more so if Colorado challenges for the conference title this season.

JJ12

This is the first game for Clemson’s new OC, Garrett Riley, who was previously at TCU.

Clemson’s playmakers are QB Cade Klubnik & RBs Will Shipley and Phil Mafah. Briningstool at TE emerged as a good receiving threat last year, but there’s a lot of questions around the WR position, which is weird considering how good we were at WR for about a 10 year period.

Clemson’s defense is led by DE Xavier Thomas, LB Jeremiah Trotter, and CB Nate Wiggins.

Duke’s offense has a new QB in Riley Leonard and new featured RB in Jaylon Coleman. They do have an old OL (I think 4 of them are Seniors / Redshirt Seniors) that should help the new backfield.

The Duke defense is led by DT Dewayne Carter and LB Shaka Heyward. Their secondary is young though, so it’ll be interesting to see if Clemson’s WRs can get it together and put up a strong game against them.
Thanks man, looking forward to it. Always followed college football from a distance but getting into it a lot more this year.

JJ12

Woof, Clemson with so many mistakes. Credit to Duke though, their QB looked pretty good.

I was surprised with the QB play all weekend, is this the norm for CFB?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riley Leonard is a stud. Duke's defense really surprised me. In games against big teams, Duke's always struggled to compete physically on defense. Not tonight. Clemson's offense was awful. Without the muffed punt, it likely would have been a shutout.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Dominate seems massive hyperbole considering Clemson had more yards, nearly twice the first downs, and a six-minute time of possession advantage. A blocked FG inside the 5 and two late turnovers inside their own half leading to two 4th quarter Duke touchdowns was the difference. Scoreline impresses the actual performance. But Clemson was sloppy and probably on their way to an iffy season. Duke might surprise though, that QB has something about him even though his passing was meh.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Dominate seems massive hyperbole considering Clemson had more yards, nearly twice the first downs, and a six-minute time of possession advantage. A blocked FG inside the 5 and two late turnovers inside their own half leading to two 4th quarter Duke touchdowns was the difference. Scoreline impresses the actual performance. But Clemson was sloppy and probably on their way to an iffy season. Duke might surprise though, that QB has something about him even though his passing was meh.
It's not as though Duke played a clean game. Duke had a bunch of silly penalties, including one that wiped out another interception. Clemson's only TD was a gift on a dumb mistake by the punt returner. I know Dabo likes the stats, but 80 yards for Clemson came down two scores in the 4th when Duke was prevent. Once Clemson got in the red zone, it was pretty clear that they didn't have the weapons they've had in the past.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Helps FSU out by not having to play against him, but the young man appeared to be treated with sustain by the NCAA. I’d rather we had to play against him, it seems a bit horseshit all around by the idiots in Indianapolis…

JJ12

Helps FSU out by not having to play against him, but the young man appeared to be treated with sustain by the NCAA. I’d rather we had to play against him, it seems a bit horseshit all around by the idiots in Indianapolis…

So he’s missing the whole season - what’s the reasoning behind this from the NCAA?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So he’s missing the whole season - what’s the reasoning behind this from the NCAA?
The story linked to in the tweet is a very detailed chronology of his travels & the NCAA's rule changes due to Covid.

I would fall well short of a decent explanation.

JJ12

Love Mack Brown’s statement

arnie_ni

How do I secure the no.1 and 2 picks in my draft next year for caleb and Marvin Harrison.

Charlie Foley

navy-Wagner kicked off late and just got delayed in the third because a storm hit. I’m glad we drove this time