Washington
Texas
Alabama

What it also might be, per [gluck gluck]mmmmm SEC[gluck gluck]
Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Georgia
I think it could well be option B. A would be precedent and resume, but they might justify one SEC team in because they’d be favored as the best team. And they’d be right as both SEC teams would be favored in a larger 12 team field, unless I heard wrong.

My guess of the chances is 70% A/ 29.9% B/ 0.1% C.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I didn't want to jinx it, but yes was hoping for Alabama to win (also Iowa but you can't have everything).

Right now the only way that Alabama makes it is if the committee throws out all precedent and gives them the SEC + they beat Georgia bump, simultaneously penalizing FSU for their QB injury (which would be stupid; we beat Bama in the CFP championship with a backup QB a few years ago).
RGIII said just watch how the committee will twist itself for SEC bias, tossing previous playoff selection criteria. He had Finebaum on the ropes this morning with facts.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I hate I was right on this one. Primarily because I have to root for Saban

@calodo2003 if it makes you feel better, you'll have a better chance winning against OSU as our top players will most likely sit out for the draft

Edit: you're playing Georgia. Never mind

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
And the final could be a pseudo SEC championship of sorts, if you count Texas as fully divorced from the BigXII.

icehole

College football was a helluva lot more fun when there were only the AP and Coaches' polls. All the joy has been sucked out of it, first by the computers, and now by selection committees.

Erics_Collar

I'm glad they picked the 4 teams they did because I think they will make for 2 better semi-finals.

But I'm also glad I don't have to justify it, because I can't really.

FSU should decline their bowl invite.

MrMarcello

That's probably what ESPN want - Alabama/Texas rematch.

Thank feck Notre Dame lost some games. Imagine the chaos if they're in the mix at 11-1 knowing the bias (network rating$).

Damn shame Auburn coaching incompetence cost them a win against Alabama. You don't give an offense with the weapons Alabama has some ten seconds to make a downfield play - you pressure the QB into an immediate decision and contain them underneath. They needed 31 fecking yards or a TD as the only means to win. But I guarantee Georgia gets selected if Alabama had lost to Auburn.

And here comes Saban crying in favor of his team per usual. Such an asshat.

MrMarcello

FSU should decline the bowl invite

“No thanks. What’s the point?

Sincerely,
An undefeated ACC champ”
Fo sho. Georgia probably twat them as well which will lead to analysts, fans, and biased penis-head talk show twats talking about, "see!"

FSU should pay off one of the polls to award them a split natty, granted I don't know if the Coaches Poll still does that vote at the end.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
NY6 bowl projections:

Cotton
Dec. 29
Missouri (at-large) vs. Ohio State (at-large)
Arlington, Texas

Peach
Dec. 30
Ole Miss (at-large) vs. SMU (Group of 5)
Atlanta

Orange
Dec. 30
Florida State (ACC) vs. Georgia (SEC/Big Ten/ND)
Miami

Fiesta
Jan. 1
Oregon (at-large) vs. Penn State (at-large)
Glendale, Ariz.

Rose
Jan. 1
No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama
Pasadena, Calif.

Sugar
Jan. 1
No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas
New Orleans

icehole

FSU should decline the bowl invite

“No thanks. What’s the point?

Sincerely,
An undefeated ACC champ”
I love the sentiment but they probably can't afford to lose the payout. OTOH, if they set up a GoFundMe page to recoup the loss and tell the committee where to go then I'd be in for a few dollars.

Carolina Red

Staff
Argument on Facebook…

“FSU’s conference is weak. That’s why they got left out”
— the ACC is 6-4 against the SEC this year

“Yeah but that’s against weak SEC teams”
— It’s 6-4 across 5 teams, including LSU

“The SEC has won 6 of the 9 CFP titles. That’s not weak!”
— That’s Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. There are 14 schools in the SEC

“[the name calling begins]”

MrMarcello

If he had broke his leg earlier there's no way they're unbeaten, he literally carried them for most games. They likely lose to Clemson and Duke without him, possibly a couple other games.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
College football is incredibly stupid and completely soulless. Why even play the games if you're going to ignore the results and just pick the teams you want (SEC/B1G teams)? It will be nice not being emotionally invested in this stupid sport in the future. Can't wait for Duke to host our hated rival SMU next season!

The CFB Playoff should just set a permanent super league of teams for the playoff and ignore the results on the field to ensure they get maximum viewership.

MrMarcello

I'll never understand how all levels of college in all other team sports have had playoffs since inception, or damn near since, and yet D1-A football took like a hundred years to do it. And it was still a sham system favoring certain media darlings and big money conferences and schools.

Carolina Red

Staff
I'll never understand how all levels of college in all other team sports have had playoffs since inception, or damn near since, and yet D1-A football took like a hundred years to do it. And it was still a sham system favoring certain media darlings and big money conferences and schools.
Not to mention every other level of college football itself.

“That’ll be too many games if they do it like D1-AA”

To many games? It isn’t too many for the levels with fewer scholarship athletes, but will be for them? And then lo and behold, even without a true playoff bracket, the games played per season has gradually grown to what it would’ve been anyway.

“Well it’ll ruin the bowls”

Ha. It’s funny when you consider how that used to be an argument. Opting out & creating 100 of them has done that.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It didn’t used to be. That’s the worst part.
Yeah, the regionalism, rivalries, and personal connections to universities made it special. Now, it's governed by a bunch of scumbags who want it to be NFL Lite so they can make the most money possible off it, even if it's devoid of all of the things that make it great. I just won't watch the playoffs this year.

If the ACC collapses, I'm just done with college sports. Duke playing in the B1G, SEC, or another conference holds no attraction for me. My one hope is that the college sports broadcasting bubble collapses soon and destroys it all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Finebaum is on MSNBC along with Lupica & Torre coming up.

Can't wait.

Mika butchered the scrote's last name on the outro. Small victories.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

Finebaum having another emotional outburst, this time on Get Up!

Dinich called it like it is - a playoff system setup by commissioners to exclude others and give themselves more money. That it was always setup to reward the top 2-3 conferences (and Notre Dame).

I like how Dinich doesn't get emotional unlike Finebaum. Not even sure why ESPN gave this guy a national platform, guessing because of their SEC contract they need hype men/women. His pro-SEC bias is annoying and over the top, the only redeeming bit is when he calls out SEC fan bases for nonsense and yet here he is spewing nonsense to support Alabama's selection ahead of Florida State.

Last edited:

Taribo's Gap

Finebaum having another emotional outburst, this time on Get Up!

Dinich called it like it is - a playoff system setup by commissioners to exclude others and give themselves more money. That it was always setup to reward the top 2-3 conferences (and Notre Dame).

I like how Dinich doesn't get emotional unlike Finebaum. Not even sure why ESPN gave this guy a national platform, guessing because of their SEC contract they need hype men/women. His pro-SEC bias is annoying and over the top, the only redeeming bit is when he calls out SEC fan bases for nonsense and yet here he is spewing nonsense to support Alabama's selection ahead of Florida State.
Holy crap, is there a more grating sports commentator than Finebaum right now?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo out of NYC.

A sports radio host, not a guest commentator, but his shtick is so old, so overplayed, & so immature.
I'd have gone with Bayless but Russo is definitely a good shout.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bowden broke so many of his own coaching rules to put this cnut on the national stage. He performed sublimely for us, but won't claim his Seminole history & doesn't even want to be associated with us.

Hope his horseshit project in Boulder comes crashing down around him...

MrMarcello

Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo out of NYC.

A sports radio host, not a guest commentator, but his shtick is so old, so overplayed, & so immature.
It's as if Stephen A. saw that he needed/wanted another loudmouth ala Skip.

I can't tolerate First Take these days. Stephen A. is so full of himself, Dan O. is alright but also a bit of a nob at times, Shannon just seems like a token big name co-commentator, and then they'll bring these genius insider analysts in like Perkins, perhaps the most annoying analyst out there. Also seems as if Molly is tired of it but probably likes the notoriety and pay.

Get Up! is far more entertaining and less annoying.