College Football 2023

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Noticed ESPN has a 2024 SEC schedule reveal party show on at the moment. Yeah, definitely no bias or influence from media on who gets selected for playoffs.

icehole

ESPN owns the SEC Network. They also own the ACC Network and the Longhorn Network. They will pimp for whoever generates the most money.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
FSU v. GA in the Orange Bowl looked like a fun game after the selection happened. So many players for both squads have declared or entered the portal, the game will be bordering on farce now. We only have one QB on our roster, two just entered the portal today.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Saw that Seminoles vs Georgia was on, thought "Oh great", then read about all the opt-outs.

On the plus side, I saw an ad for a helmet for deaf players. Pretty cool.
Yeah, we had quite the exodus. NCAA & ESPN apparently are miffed about them. They can go feck themselves.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's a shame FSU couldn't put out its strongest team but this Georgia team looks really impressive. Sport is unpredictable and thats part of the reason we love it but I honestly believe this Bulldogs team is the best in the country and would more than likely beat Alabama 8 times out of 10. Unfortunately for them one of those 2 times happened to be in a game that really mattered. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. That's what makes sport so great.

MrMarcello

It's a shame FSU couldn't put out its strongest team but this Georgia team looks really impressive. Sport is unpredictable and thats part of the reason we love it but I honestly believe this Bulldogs team is the best in the country and would more than likely beat Alabama 8 times out of 10. Unfortunately for them one of those 2 times happened to be in a game that really mattered. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. That's what makes sport so great.
Had Auburn not choked against Alabama I have no doubt the committee would have selected Georgia over FSU, which of course would go against their constant conference champion cry. But I honestly see Georgia as still one of the top four in the nation whether Alabama beat them or not. I was kinda worried the committee was going to leave out FSU and Texas for the two SEC schools.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Had Auburn not choked against Alabama I have no doubt the committee would have selected Georgia over FSU, which of course would go against their constant conference champion cry. But I honestly see Georgia as still one of the top four in the nation whether Alabama beat them or not. I was kinda worried the committee was going to leave out FSU and Texas for the two SEC schools.
If only Travis had not gotten hurt against North fecking Alabama, the committee would have had quite the decision to make if GA was dominant & won the SEC Championship, a much more difficult one than without our QB.

MrMarcello

If only Travis had not gotten hurt against North fecking Alabama, the committee would have had quite the decision to make if GA was dominant & won the SEC Championship, a much more difficult one than without our QB.
Texas would have been left out in that scenario and rightfully so as there would be four undefeated conference champions, and that's probably even with FSU missing their key player let alone had he remained fit all season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Texas would have been left out in that scenario and rightfully so as there would be four undefeated conference champions, and that's probably even with FSU missing their key player let alone had he remained fit all season.
Good point. I have a mental block about Texas being in the final four for some reason, my posted tweet above notwithstanding. I had to look them up today when someone asked me who all was in the CFP.

MrMarcello

Good point. I have a mental block about Texas being in the final four for some reason, my posted tweet above notwithstanding. I had to look them up today when someone asked me who all was in the CFP.
The real interesting what if is what if OU had been called for a blatant facemask that stopped Worthy on 4th-and-goal which gives Texas four more downs at the OU half-yard line and Texas probably score as we know a penalty like that is a huge demoralizer for a defense. That means Texas is up 37-27 when OU go on that late drive and also would have run a few more precious seconds off the clock. Texas remains unbeaten on the season and gives the committee five unbeaten teams if Georgia win out and FSU don't lose their key man in addition to being unbeaten. Texas is probably ranked ahead of Washington and possibly Michigan. FSU probably gets shafted again but probably with less argument.

lex talionis

A spectacular day in Pasadena today, warm sunshine over the Rose Bowl soon giving way to sunset. And a pretty epic matchup too between Michigan and Alabama.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Like the way it's going. Feel like it should be more than a 3 point lead though

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
A lot of bad football on show today

MrMarcello

Like the way it's going. Feel like it should be more than a 3 point lead though
Should have been and will probably be their downfall. They gifted Alabama what ended up an opening touchdown and have left four points off the board on offense with missed kicks. It's literally the difference right now.