College Football 2023

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Nudity on a live broadcast; maybe this production team has not spent enough time in New Orleans to avoid that. :lol:

…I love that city.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I can't stand Ted Cruz, who went to Ivy League schools yet is there in UT colors as if he's an alum and longtime fan. Get fecked, Rafael.

I'm still not happy about Texas joining the SEC, would much rather cheer them on in the ACC or Big Ten (Plus X).

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The final drive... I have a couple complaints on Sark's calls. I fully believe in this situation all throws need to be in the end zone, within a yard of and gamble the guy gets in/out of bounds, or to the sidelines 5-10 yards downfield to move closer.

The first down at WAS-12, the RB flat throw should have seen Ewers make another read or throw away. The RB route was immediately covered which meant the play was not going to gain much if anything (actually lost a yard) and has a significant probability of being stopped in-bounds. Short throws to RBs in this particular route can take too much time to develop and play out. Have the RB pick up the blitz and then release and maybe he sneaks into an open lane a few yards downfield running towards the sideline - not in the middle as a stop ends the game. But even that sort of play is a bail out after all reads and takes way too much time.

The second play I have no qualms over the play call but the throw was horrible.

The third play got blown up on the blitz and Ewers was very lucky to get a throw away before sacked. The play design looked exactly like the first down call with the RB immediately breaking to his right towards the sideline. He should have been in the pocket picking up the blitz and allowing Ewers to make a throw into the end zone.

The final play you have 6'4 Mitchell with tremendous leap ability, I think he should have ran a curl left or right a yard into the end zone, or perhaps slant to his left, either way he can use his frame to muscle out the defender over the middle or possibly get a DPI. He was one-on-one with no other defender in the immediate area so let your guy make a play on the ball in front of him not over him or to his far right near the out of bounds line. Yes, those far corner throws do work when placed greatly and/or receiver makes a fantastic play just like Mitchell did previously, and in fairness I think the defender made an excellent play on this as well. But I felt the throw had Mitchell off balance and he was unable to make a great attempt at it and looked to be pulling him out. At this level, this sort of throw has a risk of pulling the receiver out of bounds, having the receiver off balance on his jump, or the QB making a bad throw that is uncatchable; it's much different in the NFL obviously. It also appeared it was the only option on the play as Ewers never looked left and middle to four guys running routes. I did see Sanders in single coverage in the middle of the end zone if Ewers reads and can lead him to the right - he has a huge frame for the defender to try to muscle out. Not sure if Worthy had separation on his man but Ewers never looked that way. Whittington was open in the far left flat but was like 12 yards away from the end zone, I didn't get that route unless it was a last ditch make something happen lateral as much as possible.

lex talionis

Two outstanding games yesterday, Washington being the clear favorite to me going into the national championship game. But WTF was the Huskies’ coach thinking sure his play calling in the final 90 seconds? I understand the desire to go for a first down, but had he had just Penix kneel with the ball three times Texas would have had only 15 seconds left to go 85 years for the TD.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Judkins also in the transfer portal. 2025 RB1 so far if I'm not mistaken.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Washington is going to need lots of luck with turnovers if the 1st Q is any indication. I was really hoping the Huskies could pull this off.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We really should be up by more than one score. Poor play calling on the last few drives unfortunately.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Great win - I was expecting much more from Penix and that offense