Commentator Watch

Cantonagotmehere

Haven't seen or heard Danny Higginbotham in a while, always liked his analysis, he was able to breakdown and explain tactics so much better than most of the current crop. Problem is, fellas like him don't generate headlines by saying controversial things or get involved in on screen arguments.
I like him a lot. He has been doing some ESPN games in the States.

BehemothTerror

Female commentator was so bad last night:

Afew lowlights:
*Stating Casemiro playing as a 10, when camera is currently on him in the classic 6 position
*Garnacho penalty appeal, went from no contact, to shoulder to shoulder when replay showed the push and she went silent
*Garnacho not being peak Messi in productivity after a handful of games in the first team at 18
*"Just like Man City" just because AWB was pushing inside slightly
*The non-stop fellating of Neco Williams

That's before we even go into the forced banter and non-stop natter, Literally felt like they just grabbed a random from off the street

Lee565

Not so much a commentator but Craig burley is probably the best football pundit in the media, in the uploaded clip by espn today he himself rightly called out sycophantic nature of the commentators from last night's game with their over the top support of all things city.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The cheering at full time. So weird. And why was Lescott there?

AFC NimbleThumb

Not so much a commentator but Craig burley is probably the best football pundit in the media, in the uploaded clip by espn today he himself rightly called out sycophantic nature of the commentators from last night's game with their over the top support of all things city.
I rarely agree with Burley but fair play if he pointed it out, was obviously hoping for a City loss but in no small part was that down to Lescott who is increasingly becoming a gobshite acting like he invented the wheel.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Think it was McManaman
McManamanaman was cheering. But Lescott was there every so often too, no idea why. They actually told him at the end to go and enjoy with the team.

GlasgowCeltic

“Fletch” is really dreadful, how can you get to that position without a basic knowledge of the game or any kind of charisma, and then he tries his best to capture the moment and comes up with “the greatest story in club football history has a fitting ending”, what??

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I'm not one who would normally get bothered by commentators but bt sports and their line up is very painful, especially when City are playing. I watched it on Dutch TV last night to avoid them and had absoulte no idea what was being said, apart from Van Basten bemusement at that pre match concert.

I'd say it made me less angry not having to listen to the utter drivel by the clowns they have on.

croadyman

“Fletch” is really dreadful, how can you get to that position without a basic knowledge of the game or any kind of charisma, and then he tries his best to capture the moment and comes up with “the greatest story in club football history has a fitting ending”, what??
Hopefully TNT Sports detonate him

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I thought he was saying the greatest story in club history (as in Man City's history). Not the greatest story in the history of club football.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought he was saying the greatest story in club history (as in Man City's history). Not the greatest story in the history of club football.
Surely he’d have just said that, if that’s what he meant. I think he was just over egging the pudding because he knows it’ll get clipped up for years to come.