Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

20solskjaer

Very excited to hear this new Roc Marciano
i’ve given it 3-4 listens so far, its fantastic, True Love, BeBe’s Kids and Killin Spree are the standouts for me so far

hes probably the most underrated rapper of all time, hes well respected in the underground scene, hes top 5 all time for me

GlasgowCeltic

i’ve given it 3-4 listens so far, its fantastic, True Love, BeBe’s Kids and Killin Spree are the standouts for me so far

hes probably the most underrated rapper of all time, hes well respected in the underground scene, hes top 5 all time for me
Hes easily one of the most influential rappers of the past 20 years imo

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
What's with all the shade being thrown between Kendrick and J Cole all of a sudden?
Kenrick started it by throwing shots at Cole and Drake on a song called "Like that" on futures new album then Cole just responded on his new album. As long as it stays off the streets it's a good thing for rap.

Sara125

Can someone please summarise this J Cole/Kendrick/Drake beef. I thought they were all friends and have even featured on each other’s songs…

pascell

Kenrick started it by throwing shots at Cole and Drake on a song called "Like that" on futures new album then Cole just responded on his new album. As long as it stays off the streets it's a good thing for rap.
Didn't Cole and Drake not go first with sneak dissing Kendrick? Ive only read up on it vaguely

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They most likely concocted it together. Hopefully it becomes interesting

lsd

The Oracle
Really enjoying J Cole's might delete later mixtape. It's so much better than his last three albums which were very average in my opinion which in a way weakened his diss to Kendrick for me.

It's hard to take someone criticising another artists last album that seriously when they themselves have released three sub par albums in a row

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This is the fakest 'beef' I've ever seen in my life. They're clearly just friends 'competitively' sparring at the absolute most.

lsd

The Oracle
And now Cole has apologised saying it's the lamest thing he's ever done.

SuperiorXI

Sums up J Cole for me, just a bit...meh. Talented but doesn't have much about him to make him interesting to me.
He's obviously a talented rapper and has some good songs but he's not on Kendrick's level. His diss about Kendrick's albums is laughable. We're talking about genuine classic albums here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's obviously a talented rapper and has some good songs but he's not on Kendrick's level. His diss about Kendrick's albums is laughable. We're talking about genuine classic albums here.
In fairness Mr.Morale was a bag of shite.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck off Cole, why the feck you apologising? This could’ve been the biggest rap beef since Jay Z and Nas in terms of two of the best of their generation battling it out. That track should’ve just been the warm up. How disappointing.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This is the fakest 'beef' I've ever seen in my life. They're clearly just friends 'competitively' sparring at the absolute most.
Didn't think I'd be proved right in the space of a few hours... embarrassing.

ShinjiNinja26

Didn't think I'd be proved right in the space of a few hours... embarrassing.
TBH I think everyone knew this wasn’t a legit beef but everyone jumped onboard because of the potentially amazing diss tracks we could’ve gotten out of this. It would’ve been great for the rap scene. Now it looks like it’s dead before it’s even got going.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Absolutely but he's allowed one shitter after the run he was on.
Oh no doubt.

There was some good stuff on there and some stuff you would never want to hear again
It was a mix imo. Some good songs and some bad.
I found it massively self indulgent garage to be honest, was very disappointed with it, but as above he’s entitled to a miss after what he’s put out before.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Gimme a pusha t reply to Jim Jones
TBH I think everyone knew this wasn’t a legit beef but everyone jumped onboard because of the potentially amazing diss tracks we could’ve gotten out of this. It would’ve been great for the rap scene. Now it looks like it’s dead before it’s even got going.
Yeah what a shame. Cole getting killed on social media for the apology

facchiano

Ramadan finished so just caught up with Roc Marciano's Marciology. Wow. This guy is very mysterious, like DOOM. Super villain in his own way. Also how and where does he find all these samples? That crate must be deep.

Gazautd18

Ramadan finished so just caught up with Roc Marciano's Marciology. Wow. This guy is very mysterious, like DOOM. Super villain in his own way. Also how and where does he find all these samples? That crate must be deep.
Did you like it?
Thought it was OK.
Couple of outstanding tracks though. Will have to give it another few spins as may be a creeper.
He must be getting bits from Alc :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Drake's diss track is fire.

Really? I thought it was very weak most of the lines are from Eminem dissing Machine Gun Kelly and the ones that aren't are poor even by his ghostwriters standards.

I suspect now Cole heard what he was coming with and thought yeah I'm pulling out of this quick before Kendrick does get going

the_cliff

Rick Ross with the quickest reply.

The way he says white boy cracked me up.

I do feel for Drake though, seems as though he's been attacked by everyone atm.