Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

lsd

The Oracle
It's basically turning into WWE at this point but it's hilarious how Ross is just killing Drake right now. It's like he's on cheat mode with calling him white boy and he is not stopping.

Only bad thing is may not be anything left for Kendrick to go after

That Drake diss was nasty can’t lie.

People saying “oh shit has changed since Ether” online.

Nas dropped the life changing bars “Gay-Z” and “Cock-A-Fella Records” on that song. Rap beef has always been slapstick and sensationalist.

facchiano

Did you like it?
Thought it was OK.
Couple of outstanding tracks though. Will have to give it another few spins as may be a creeper.
He must be getting bits from Alc :lol:
Yeah I like it. Well I enjoy anything that Roc drops. Yeah Alch is inhumane. Guy doesn't miss!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What's with Lupe's dislike of Kendrick? Said drake is a better lyricist than Kendrick and no one would be scared of Kendrick lyrically

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's with Lupe's dislike of Kendrick? Said drake is a better lyricist than Kendrick and no one would be scared of Kendrick lyrically
I read that he’s been desperate to get a rise out of him for years now and Kendrick never takes the bait.

lsd

The Oracle
Define my name the new song from Nas and Premier dropped today with an album to come.

Listening to it makes me forget all about the likes of Drake and Ross fighting over who is number one

Nas is truly the king

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone up for recommending artists similar to Joyner Lucas? Can't believe I've not heard him until now. Must've played this on loop for that last 30 minutes.

Spent too much time in recent years doing nothing but listen to podcasts and falling out of love with music. Popped this guy's work on this evening and it's like a cold wave washing over me first thing in the morning.

lsd

The Oracle
Drake :lol: KDot has to drop.

People want Kendrick to respond to someone using AI? Drake has absolutely nothing to say in this and it's just using lame gimmicks like AI.

All he achieved was being the worst rapper on his own track.

I seriously doubt Kendrick would respond to this and I wouldn't blame him.

Besides if Drake is concerned about his standing in rap he has Rick Ross clowning him and his mother every five minutes

People want Kendrick to respond to someone using AI? Drake has absolutely nothing to say in this and it's just using lame gimmicks like AI.

Besides if Drake is concerned about his standing in rap he has Rick Ross clowning him and his mother every five minutes
Kendrick lit the flame with Like That (a great song).

Drake replied with Push Ups. It’s Kendrick’s turn. This latest 2Pac AI shit is Drake trolling.

Lay

I think people want Kendrick to respond because he provoked this.

Even Chris Brown has a diss record out

BootsyCollins

Is it just me or have disses gone to ”smart” almost? I like the straight up ”feck him” disses, but now its all about the smartest line or the most complex rhymes, you need to read up on alot of the lines just to understand them. Takes away alot of the agression and energy imo.

Still enjoy the clowning on social media thought, when its done right its amazing :lol:

facchiano

You have to be invested in these weirdos social life. Be on Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok or whatever social media they're using daily and follow their life religiously to understand what they're beefing about. Even then it's not enough because the subliminal are uh *Rick Ross voice*.

Take that, take that, take that.

lsd

The Oracle
I think people want Kendrick to respond because he provoked this.

Even Chris Brown has a diss record out

Why should he though? I mean he dropped one verse and now we have Drake basically dissing himself talking about he likes underage girls.

Drake dissed himself more than he did Kendrick because he had nothing to say about Kendrick other than he's taller than him.

Why should he though? I mean he dropped one verse and now we have Drake basically dissing himself talking about he likes underage girls.

Drake dissed himself more than he did Kendrick because he had nothing to say about Kendrick other than he's taller than him.
Cmon, he’s done more than that. This is coming from someone who has Kendrick in his top 10 and Drake just makes 50.

Drake mentions in Push Ups:

- Kendrick’s contract situation and split with Top Dawg
- Kendrick being forced to write verses for Maroon 5 and Taylor Swift
- Kendrick being behind SZA, Travis Scott and 21 Savage in sales
- Rebuttals Kendrick’s Prince > MJ claim

While dissing Rick Ross, Future, Metro Boomin, J. Cole, The Weeknd and Kanye West in one song.

It’s impressive.

Lay

He doesn't need to, but it's bad optics if he doesn't and Drake is doing all this.

I dislike Drake for a lot of things and aside from 'over my dead body' I don't have another Drake track on my Spotify. So I was actually hoping Kendrick would go at him big but I'm disappointed for now.

Based Adnan

You can't say "it's time for him to prove he's a problem" in Like That and then duck the beef when disses start coming through. Kendrick has to respond.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

New Drake diss is funny :lol:

The "beef" seems very harmless and just something to spice the scene up, and it certainly does. Hopefully Kendrick hits back with a banger.

Lay

Even Kanye has dropped one (unless it's AI) :lol:

Dan_F

I hope anyone wanting Nas tickets got them on pre-sale. It looks like they’re using dynamic pricing so it’s £138 in Manchester and £178 in London. Madness.

Based Adnan

I hope anyone wanting Nas tickets got them on pre-sale. It looks like they’re using dynamic pricing so it’s £138 in Manchester and £178 in London. Madness.
Insane. Saw him and Wu for £90 in London last summer!

Dan_F

Insane. Saw him and Wu for £90 in London last summer!
I thought that was quite expensive at that price, but now I’ve paid £62 for this. I’m hoping it’s not just a run through of the album in full and that’s it. 40 minutes :lol:

Red_Aaron

Yeah I've got Wolverhampton tickets 60ish quid each

I thought that was quite expensive at that price, but now I’ve paid £62 for this. I’m hoping it’s not just a run through of the album in full and that’s it. 40 minutes :lol:
I suspect that's exactly what it'll be!